Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#31,701 ·
comptiger5000 said:
If you have CV axleshafts up front, check those too. They could make funny noises under load if they're starting to fail internally.
I gots u-joint axle shafts and they're all good. I put diff fluid in it today after work and drove it around the block. No new noises except for a slight clunk from the front end when I let off the gas, I'm guessing it's because my front driveshaft is out?

#31,708 ·
Don't rule out motor mounts. Or a lot of other stuff in the front end. Don't diagnose anything over the internet. Get out there and do it your self or have a professional check
He has been having problems with his 4wd and he has been checking things out himself. I just suggested that since he has looked at everything else that it could be the spider gears or the main caps on the carrier that is making it hop and bind when he puts it in 4pt

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum

#31,710 ·
I spent the last two days doing a louver mod. My original 6 vent louvers on the Niner are now 10 vent. Modified the drip trays as well. It was difficult to sacrifice the donor louvers and trays but it will be helpful to get rid of some of that heat in the bay. Lots more projects going on including body work and two tone paint.

Attachments

#31,711 ·
MexiJeeper said:
I spent the last two days doing a louver mod. My original 6 vent louvers on the Niner are now 10 vent. Modified the drip trays as well. It was difficult to sacrifice the donor louvers and trays but it will be helpful to get rid of some of that heat in the bay. Lots more projects going on including body work and two tone paint.
You're on here too, Tony? Louvers are legit. Mucho gusto. Or however you say "I like it a lot" in Mexican...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum

#31,715 ·
going to change the front right ball joints to some off set ones to get this thing to steer straight. Also thinking of dumping the ****ty prop comp shocks for some good freeway shocks.

got the off set ball joints in and went to have it aligned, according to the tech, it is as close to perfect as you can get a lifted Cherokee. She tracks true and straight for a jeep!!!!

Still researching shocks, will do in a week or two!

#31,717 ·
Flashed it to 87 with the Superchips. I'm DD'n the 5.9 now that it's handling good again and premium is back to $4.50/gal in Chicagoland. Honestly with the lift and tires I can't tell a difference from stock. It actually feels stronger and shifts better I think. Also took the opportunity to Seafoam it and rotate the tires.

#31,720 ·
Agonized over being home to install all the goodies that are piling up on my doorstep! When I get home in July, the first thing I'm doing is installing my new Red Top, driving to the tire shop down the street, and getting my new tires and spacers installed! After that, I'm going wheeling!!