Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#31,383 ·
Ok I know the answer I am looking for is here somewhere but problem is horn don't work and is was just replaced for safety. My thinking is I need to relocate it somewhere that doesn't get flooded by the front tire every time I go through a puddle. I plan on fixing this tomorrow. Any ideas of where the best spot would be. It is a 95 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I6 .

Thanks in advance

#31,386 ·
Ok I know the answer I am looking for is here somewhere but problem is horn don't work and is was just replaced for safety. My thinking is I need to relocate it somewhere that doesn't get flooded by the front tire every time I go through a puddle. I plan on fixing this tomorrow. Any ideas of where the best spot would be. It is a 95 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I6 .

Thanks in advance
You can move your harness up into the engine bay and mount them in between the headlight and the battery on the inside of the fender. I have my air horn mounted in there with the compressor side by side to keep it dry.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum

#31,387 ·
You can move your harness up into the engine bay and mount them in between the headlight and the battery on the inside of the fender. I have my air horn mounted in there with the compressor side by side to keep it dry.

Thanks that sounds like a great spot and if my horns are dead might go straight to the air horns myself. Any suggestions on air horns?

#31,388 ·
Thanks that sounds like a great spot and if my horns are dead might go straight to the air horns myself. Any suggestions on air horns?
I just got the wolo one from advance when i worked there. It has the high and low tone horns, compressor, and vac hose to make everything work. I had to put a scotch lock on the positive and ground wires and run 2 new wires because the connections are different but other than that its pretty much straight forward

#31,392 ·
Hey their don't know if anyone could help first i cant/don't know how to post a thread?!?
second but mostly, I bought a back hatch (Tailgate) for my 97 ZJ but on this one the back glass doesn't open but the one i have does. Is there anyway to swap glass. If not no big deal at lest I'm dent free
It can't be swapped as far as glass goes. Wish it did though, I recently swapped to one where the glass opened.

#31,395 ·
Stripped the wires off the engine, attempted to remove the exhaust manifold but snapped the studs into the heads on both sides :brickwall: probably shoulda heated it first
Uhg I have to do my exhaust manifold soon, new one should arrive tomorrow. I've convinced myself it won't be to bad but now I'm losing that blissful ignorance.

While I didn't do anything I got to use my roof lights for the first time since the reinstall and they are signficantly dimmer than I recall. I'm guessing the ground on my cargo rack is to weak but I've either stripped, broke or drilled out all the nearby siderail bolts (they just had to use torx bolts). So I'm gonna have to figure that out.

#31,396 ·
Uhg I have to do my exhaust manifold soon, new one should arrive tomorrow. I've convinced myself it won't be to bad but now I'm losing that blissful ignorance.

While I didn't do anything I got to use my roof lights for the first time since the reinstall and they are signficantly dimmer than I recall. I'm guessing the ground on my cargo rack is to weak but I've either stripped, broke or drilled out all the nearby siderail bolts (they just had to use torx bolts). So I'm gonna have to figure that out.
I have my 4 100 watt a piece roof lights wired together and grounded to the front pass side torx bolt in the rack. They are all just as bright now as they were when installed. I think what i did iirc was loosened all the bolts on the pass side and put my ground lug under the rack and drilled a hole for my hot wire to run through and siliconed everything up and bolted it back down.

#31,397 ·
You can easily do that in 5 minutes at home with a crescent wrench. The alignment would take a little longer.
Steering wheel adjustment / alignment?

Can you tell us how to do it or post a video on how to do it as I have been looking but the search doesn't work that well if I do know the terms to use. All I know is I am tired of feeling like I am turning left all the time. 95 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I6 looks like it is mostly stock with over 300000 km on it I have been searching for a while but can't find anything on how to do it

#31,398 ·
Steering wheel adjustment / alignment?

Can you tell us how to do it or post a video on how to do it as I have been looking but the search doesn't work that well if I do know the terms to use. All I know is I am tired of feeling like I am turning left all the time. 95 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I6 looks like it is mostly stock with over 300000 km on it I have been searching for a while but can't find anything on how to do it
There is a sleeve with two bolts on the drag link. Loosen them and twist the sleeve one way or the other while someone watches the steering wheel until it's centered.