What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 157 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #2341
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

Blew the sidewall outta my BF Goodrich Ats on a curb........thought they were a little tougher then that i was only doing 35.

paulyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #2342
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

^^^ Damn How the hell!!!!???
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #2343
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

Seriously it was a concrete curb and i have no clue how it happened.....It must have had a sharp piece on it......just lucky that i wasn't going faster.....The bad part is i don't have the right size spare so now i gotta drop $$$$$ and get 2 new tires that way im covered.
Unread 05-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #2344
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

mounted the winch. tonight, wiring and possibly cable. Looks good sitting in front! I took pictures, but haven't uploaded them yet.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #2345
True
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Took off my zip tie (previous owner?) mounted front bumper and crap plastic inner wheel wells, going to remount the charcoal canister and horn. Looks like somebody had a run in with a pole or something, metal is pushed back to the rad in the center.

rockers are kind of primed with rust killer but I think im going to paint the white metal area of what you might call the "bumper" black along with the grill and rockers to see what it looks like
True is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #2346
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

got some big round things from the man in brown

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #2347
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

HA! I thought those ^ were mounted. I was gonna say "good luck driving that around!

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #2348
808Defender
2000 WJ 

Since my ZJ all the sudden decided the battery was not going to work anymore I went down and bought a new Optima Red top Battery. I was going to get the Yellow but the guy said since I am not running some big boomin system it really is not needed right now. Just got it in but my meter is not on 14 right now, I might go buy a battery charger and plug the new battery in over night just to be sure it is good.
808Defender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #2349
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyboy View Post
Blew the sidewall outta my BF Goodrich Ats on a curb........thought they were a little tougher then that i was only doing 35.

how old are the tires? i did the same thing with my xj awhile back on 33s with a tree stump

tires were 20 years old so the oils had worn off making the sidewall flimsy which resulted in blowing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus3 View Post
got some big round things from the man in brown
\]
sig worthy?

today i took the HIDs out of my headlights and put in some 4000k silverstars. hoping they do good, was tired of blinding myself on chrome truck bumpers and getting flashed. plus in the snow and rain, you cant see anything cause all the light shines upwards and illuminates all the snow making it impossible to see. so far the headlights seem alright, next up is the fogs.
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #2350
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quick rattle can job on the Clayton brackets, truss and skid. I'll give it another coat tomorrow night.

Tomorrow I'll scare people downtown with my exhaust

Cut out the muffler and tailpipe to make room for the Claytons, so now I have to figure out what to do with it. Open cat is pretty noisy.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #2351
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Used a scotch pad to rough up the paint on the front tow hooks and then resprayed them with rattle can paint. Hopefully it'll hold up better this time around. The paint was worn off in several places from my being tugged out of the snow winter before last. I think it was twice, so yeah, the paint easy wears off when they're used. They look good for now though. LOL I know it won't last.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #2352
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
today i took the HIDs out of my headlights and put in some 4000k silverstars. hoping they do good, was tired of blinding myself on chrome truck bumpers and getting flashed. plus in the snow and rain, you cant see anything cause all the light shines upwards and illuminates all the snow making it impossible to see. so far the headlights seem alright, next up is the fogs.
Thanks, finally someone who is honest about it!

on topic
I stripped the paint off my hood last night
sanded, cleaned and plastic primered my panels
got the first coat on
im gonna 2-tone it but thinking about doing vinyl camo for the center like the back of my buddys truck. never seen a zj like it so what ya think?
z-truck.jpg  
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #2353
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^^ that would be sick!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #2354
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

[QUOTE=aircruiser;11559770]how old are the tires? i did the same thing with my xj awhile back on 33s with a tree stump

tires were 20 years old so the oils had worn off making the sidewall flimsy which resulted in blowing it out.

tires are 8 years old but bfg says service life 10 years so i guess im close....
Unread 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #2355
808Defender
2000 WJ 

Came out to find my ZJ was towed for no reason. Called the city they said I was over my two hour mark... They were wrong It was 948AM when it was towed I parked at 8AM which is the time I had to move from paid parking (time it starts is 8am-6pm) to free 2Hr a block up. So now I am arguing with them telling them they need to bring the ZJ back to in front of my Condo. (My GF is a "stereotypical jew" ) So she is yelling and threatening to call our attorney for our vehicle being wrongfully towed... Well this gives me time to take the Q45 out and see how the new cambering kit rides.
808Defender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.