What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1569 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #23521
Motorhead302
1993 ZJ 

First off my first post on here was a member of wrangler forum when I had my tj but got rid of it and now have a zj . Today I finally finished putting in my new shafts upfront after exploding a junk cv shaft last weekend also replaced all ujoint

Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #23522
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Ran to the gas station to put a little gas in, then ran to the parts store. Got back in the Jeep and started her up. She ran like crap, stumbled for ever, and died. Would not start after that for like 20 minutes. Would crank, but wouldnt start. Then it just started like nothing. Damn thing pissed me off...

Sent from my GS3 using JeepForum
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #23523
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I ordered my Father's Day preset from my wife today. I got everything I need for an e-fan. I ordered a new fan, a 100 amp starter selenoid, a 40 amp relay, and an on-off-on 3 position switch. I should have enough wiring to complete the install.
E fan is the way to go!
Good luck with your project. Soo glad I ditched my shot mechanical fan and upgraded.
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #23524
95chameleonzj
1995 ZJ 

Ya I just did the efan and love it! Here's a few bad pictures lol. But honestly it's my favorite thing I've done. I feel a lot safer going out wheeling now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #23525
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
E fan is the way to go!
Good luck with your project. Soo glad I ditched my shot mechanical fan and upgraded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95chameleonzj View Post
Ya I just did the efan and love it! Here's a few bad pictures lol. But honestly it's my favorite thing I've done. I feel a lot safer going out wheeling now
I'm going to assume both you guys just have a switch/switches to control the fan? Did either of you install a fan controller as well? I thought about it but I think I'd rather just have it manually controlled. Do you guys use the low speed almost all the time or just when you hit a certain temperature? I'm new to this e-fan thing, at least one that I have to manually control.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #23526
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Washed/Claybar'd/Waxed/Buffed the Jeep and Pulled the rear bumper to sand the rust off and repaint everything behind the bumper skin.
13.jpg   11.jpg   12.jpg  
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #23527
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Nothing today, but Friday it got a new throttle valve cable, power steering pulley, vacuumed out, headlight switch fixed, new lights in the HVAC control & I fixed my mistake in taking the vacuum lines off the HVAC control. Saturday I fixed the broken vacuum line so my AC came out the dash instead of defrost (in a gas station parking lot while my wife got water for us)
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #23528
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I'm going to assume both you guys just have a switch/switches to control the fan? Did either of you install a fan controller as well? I thought about it but I think I'd rather just have it manually controlled. Do you guys use the low speed almost all the time or just when you hit a certain temperature? I'm new to this e-fan thing, at least one that I have to manually control.
Hopefully they put a manual "off" switch on it, otherwise it will be fun on water crossings.

Put all my new stuff onto the replacement engine. New waterpump, t-stat, rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, new CPS, oil pan gasket, heater hoses, upper and lower rad hose, throttle body gasket and new rad. CAI is getting swapped to a stock airbox and snorkel. Hopefully put the engine in on Tuesday and start re-wiring on Friday.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #23529
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
IMO
Manual control of the e-fan is kind of a task...
Just me though. I wired mine to come on automatically with a volvo relay and a BMW thermoswitch low @ 195f, high @ 205f. I posted a how to on this forum. Not many replies... think I rambled too much
worth checking out if you wanna go the automatic route.
I am lazy...no switches to hit.. no monitoring... all automatic
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #23530
95chameleonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Yep I'm on a 3 position switch. low has worked for everything so far but I've only had it on for 2 days now lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #23531
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Edit:
I DO however plan on installing a manual "kill switch" to cut power to my relay for water crossing in the future though.
Something small and hidden. HATE random switches everywhere lol
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #23532
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
IMO
Manual control of the e-fan is kind of a task...
Just me though. I wired mine to come on automatically with a volvo relay and a BMW thermoswitch low @ 195f, high @ 205f. I posted a how to on this forum. Not many replies... think I rambled too much
worth checking out if you wanna go the automatic route.
I am lazy...no switches to hit.. no monitoring... all automatic
Okay, I remember reading that on here. I should have bookmarked the thread so I could see how you did that. I'll find it.

EDIT: Google searching for it via "jeepforum.com:..." found it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #23533
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Loaded mine down with most of our bands pa equipment and my bass rig for a gig last night. There's a 2x15 cab with head, three basses, two mic stands, a pair of monitors, a couple of mixers and about 300' of various cables. Glad I decided to put it all in the Jeep too because I didn't unload everything last night and woke up to it raining this morning
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #23534
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

I use a dccontrol unit to control the fan. I'm using his led indicator to let me know when the fan is running and I have a kill switch for the water crossings

OT i cleaned the interior from last weekends wheelin trip
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #23535
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Today I finally set up a solid time to use a buddys shop to install my IRO 4.5 inch lift. I already started soaking everything with PB blaster, I have the 4.5 inch kit from IRO and my new wheels and tires ready to go, all I have left is to pick up is some acorn style lug nuts to hold those D windows on and new tie rod ends. Anything else you guys think I should pick up before Wednesday? I have a camping/wheelin trip planned for this coming weekend and want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I get there so this project goes as smooth as possible and so I can make sure the jeep is ready to roll up to the hills by friday.

My build thread- [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/98zjltds-build-thread-1557637/[/url]
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.