What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1565 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 06-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #23461
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Swapped out the D35 in my wife's DD ZJ for another one I welded up reinforced C/A mounts and a relocated & reinforced track bar mount for.

The only thing that went wrong was a broken brake bleeder when I was hooking up everything on the "new" axle.

A quick trip to O'reilly for an $8.94 wheel cylinder, 2qts Lucas synthetic diff lube, and a jug of brake fluid and things went back together as smoothly as it came apart!

Unread 06-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #23462
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
Let me know how it worked!! My t/c lockup is very finicky....
Didn't help. I read that it can cause issues without throwing a code or CEL, which is what I have going on, but no go. Next, off to testing the TPS this weekend.
zj97ltd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #23463
x10radsponge
1998 ZJ 

Starting Wednesday evening, my A.D.D. kicked in while doing other tasks and I decided to mock up a CAI heat shield as I am piecing mine together. I have googled and bing'd to no avail and could not find any dimensions off of the heat shield. So I mocked up one using cardboard, grabbed some old realtor signs that I have and found that the main sign is about 16 gauge metal so I brought it to a sheet metal guy I know and he bent it to form for me. From cardboard to in the jeep for a fit was 2 days. Here are the photos and I have also included the dimensions that I used for anyone who wants to have a head start.
img_4398.jpg   img_4400.jpg   img_4401.jpg   cai-dimensions.jpg  
x10radsponge is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #23464
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj97ltd View Post
Didn't help. I read that it can cause issues without throwing a code or CEL, which is what I have going on, but no go. Next, off to testing the TPS this weekend.
Thanks for the heads-up!!! Good luck to you!!
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #23465
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Replaced my upper radiator hose 2 days ago and when I went to turn her on, my dieing starter sung it's last song. The hammer didn't work any more, spent a good 20 minutes trying to jump the terminals with a screwdriver and even that didn't work. Thankfully I was only without her for a day since the new starter I ordered last week came yesterday. Had to lay in a puddle and change it out in the pouring rain... but all's well that ends well. It's scary how much different it sounds/how quickly it cranks now. On the plus side, at this point I think I've replaced all the common failures that could leave me stranded somewhere lol.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #23466
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Just changed out my front lower control arms. Didn't need to jack it up at all, just chocked the wheels and did the arms one at a time. Didn't have much trouble at all realigning the holes.

Broke two Craftsman socket wrenches getting the old cam bolts off, but managed not to break the bolts! I did replace all the bolts with new ones, though.

Oh and shot a bit of white rattlecan on the cam bolt brackets before I took them off so I could tell where to place the new ones.

All in all wasn't too difficult.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #23467
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
Just changed out my front lower control arms. Didn't need to jack it up at all, just chocked the wheels and did the arms one at a time. Didn't have much trouble at all realigning the holes.

Broke two Craftsman socket wrenches getting the old cam bolts off, but managed not to break the bolts! I did replace all the bolts with new ones, though.

Oh and shot a bit of white rattlecan on the cam bolt brackets before I took them off so I could tell where to place the new ones.

All in all wasn't too difficult.
When you replaced the bolts did you use OEM replacements or did you go with a hex head bolt?
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #23468
InvalidUserID
1997 ZJ 

Quite a bit:

- Spark plug, wires and cap.
- Coolant change
- ATF change
- Coolant sensor (overflow)

- Swapped out VIC with one from junkyard. Old one would stay mostly off and occassionally flash on.

New one works and stays on but has the dreaded "Coolant Sensor Bad". I guess I'll need to try to take my soldering iron to my old one and swap again when I get the chance. Ugh...
InvalidUserID is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #23469
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

Here are some pics from last weekends wheelin trip

I parked at a state park and within 10 minutes 3 other jeeps parked by me.

My dog wanted out while taken some pics

My girl drivin

OT thou - I ordered a SYE kit today. My girl was complaining about the driveline vibs which were making her a little frustrated while driving on the hwy. It wasn't something that could be easily taken care of with a 3 yo in the back. Oh well...
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #23470
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

good post ^^^

got a door from a 95 , white stripes dont go with orvis stripes but i can change that later

would upload photos but cant find my card reader
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #23471
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10radsponge View Post
Starting Wednesday evening, my A.D.D. kicked in while doing other tasks and I decided to mock up a CAI heat shield as I am piecing mine together. I have googled and bing'd to no avail and could not find any dimensions off of the heat shield. So I mocked up one using cardboard, grabbed some old realtor signs that I have and found that the main sign is about 16 gauge metal so I brought it to a sheet metal guy I know and he bent it to form for me. From cardboard to in the jeep for a fit was 2 days. Here are the photos and I have also included the dimensions that I used for anyone who wants to have a head start.
Thats beautiful, but you have to dump that small stock airhat and let it breathe!
StPaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #23472
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1289 View Post

When you replaced the bolts did you use OEM replacements or did you go with a hex head bolt?
Got a couple 10.9 grade M14x2.0x100 hex bolts with matching washers and nuts from Fastenal, they fit perfectly. Used some proper cam bolts from Rock Auto for the fronts
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #23473
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

im having a heck of a time matching these 95' wires to my 97' harness
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #23474
SCZJ

1994 ZJ 

Just drove her today, but, I did hit 300,000!
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #23475
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

alpha, love the pic with the dog out the window

"you're outside the car, I'll come be with you"

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.