Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#31,201 ·
hai guys names mike got a 98 grand Cherokee special edition 5.9 360hp just getting into jeeps and want a lift kit can't decide one what one I'm going crazy!! Haha anyone kno f the 4 inch xflex is decent or if I should just piece together a kit n make it so I can fit skinny 33? Also I want to make sum rocksliders n leave the stock skirts on cuz theres a rust hole in the rocker..

U guys are awsum love jeeps woot!
And this, kids, is why you don't snort glue.

#31,203 ·
And this, kids, is why you don't snort glue.
It was so worth it though.

Tarded post aside, I'm working on some sliders that will let me keep the lower valences on because it looks horrible without. I won't be losing any clearance. The rocker covers only sit about an inch below the pinch welds. For what I do, it should offer the protection I need. The lowest point should also sit about .5" lower than the covers.

Essentially all I'm doing is cutting part of the rocker covers just enough to fit sliders at a regular height.

Still doing some shopping, but I seem to have the 1.5" RC lift already. Take those spacers and add it to some 3.5" coils, adjustable arms etc and hopefully I can fit some 255/85's.

#31,204 ·
It was so worth it though.

Tarded post aside, I'm working on some sliders that will let me keep the lower valences on because it looks horrible without. I won't be losing any clearance. The rocker covers only sit about an inch below the pinch welds. For what I do, it should offer the protection I need. The lowest point should also sit about .5" lower than the covers.

Essentially all I'm doing is cutting part of the rocker covers just enough to fit sliders at a regular height.

Still doing some shopping, but I seem to have the 1.5" RC lift already. Take those spacers and add it to some 3.5" coils, adjustable arms etc and hopefully I can fit some 255/85's.
Be curious to see said sliders... sounds fun

sent from, uh

#31,205 ·
I seen someone local just stick a piece of 1 inch by 1 inch box steel inside the rocker on an xj they apperently didn't think it through to well and it looks pretty bad lol not sure what's even holding it there. I plan on makeing sliders out of 2x4 box steel and angling the ends kinda like boat sides. Since my zj doesn't have rockers they have been completely removed do to rust so wanna fill in that space. Although it makes my jeep look bigger then it is lol eventually I'll get around to making maybe this summer ****ty part is I don't have a garage to do it on tho but no big deal shouldn't have an issue doing it on the street. I'll take lots of pics of how I made them as well like when I made my winch plate since that turned out pretty damn good. Just not sure how I'm going to mount them yet if I'm just gonna weld they straight to the unibody or try and make mounting plates to bolt them on.

#31,206 ·
Anyone chance someone could post a link to the E-fan write ups? Im on mobile app and have been looking but cant find it again. Ive got all my parts together and am ready to do it in the next day or 2. When it comes to anything electrical besides radios and speakers im semi retarded so a write up is needed! Lol. Thanks guys!

#31,210 ·
Be curious to see said sliders... sounds fun

sent from, uh
Shouldn't be anything special
.. but I'm heading to moab end of April with a bunch of lifted and greater than 33" Toyotas... now I'm in a stock jeep so I need some liftage and protection.

A very quick and dirty blueprint. Just something to give me a rough idea.

Currently looking to piece together a 5" short arm lift. Already have some older RC 8000 shocks and the 1.5" spacers. Will likely add some RE or IRO front springs for 3.5" and the stock swap for the rear. Was thinking about the IRO control arms, adjustable uppers and fixed lowers. I would expect that to be safe for my CV joint front shaft.

May also get some YJ front brake lines (I think?) And looking into an adjustable rear track bar. Don't want to risk the drop bracket.

Then it's off to swap my tires for a friend's 255/85r16s on the stock niner wheels hopefully.

And I have 4 weekends now to do it. :/

#31,212 ·
Here ya go 5.5 lift springs not to bad on the price if you wanna part something together. As far as drop bracket on the rear track bar I've been running one for year and I beat the hell out of my jeep. I've even launched it a few times and had all 4 wheels off the ground I'm sure people have had issues with the brackets but so far mines 5 years old and never had an issue with it.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-suspension?cat=22&jeep_type=711

#31,214 ·
Not bad I was thinking of buying a set of front and rears for my zj I'm running a rough country 4 inch lift but wanna go to 6 inches and was gonna put 2 inch spacers on top. 5.5 would be better with a 1 inch spacers I need more height since I'm running long arms. Hmm just seen the 7 inch iro springs maybe I'll go that route thanks for mentioning iron rock lol.

#31,219 ·