What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1551 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #23251
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

took off my antenna yesterday to inspect why it is not working properly... you can hear the motor and clicking sounds but antenna will not go down

i can force the antenna down manually, then power up the radio and the antenna mast goes up no problem, once all the way up and hit the off button on the radio the antenna mast stays up and doesn't want to get back down (motor runs, just mast don't move down)

link to my thread with this issue if anyone wants to help out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/r...blems-1525974/

kali_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #23252
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Ugh

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #23253
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Just broke a Craftsman socket trying to get one of my hub bearings off!

Ah the pleasures of owning a northern Ohio Jeep
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #23254
jeepycreepy96
1996 ZJ 

budget boost 2" looks good
jeepycreepy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #23255
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

That's just the start , you will be like in a few I'm going with a bigger lift

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #23256
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

how pricy are lift to get for the jeep?
kali_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #23257
jeepycreepy96
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoe View Post
That's just the start , you will be like in a few I'm going with a bigger lift
I know I already have planed out a iro 3.5 with soft 8s with 32s
jeepycreepy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #23258
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Day off so went to th JY n snaged me a factory trailer wire harness ....it a 7 pin plugs in to factory harness ..if i can post a pic i will..cant post JF still BROKEN..$10. Was my price me taking it out.....
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #23259
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

cussed at it a lot , abandoned all hope of ever getting it ''done''
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #23260
Afdude88
1993 ZJ 

Out a new water pump and thermostat in last weekend.....now the thermostat housing is leaking.....go fig.....I'm just gonna replace it this time.(the housing). It's starting to pit anyways.

Dana 35c behind a 242, behind an AW-4, behind a 4.0L Inline Six sitting over a Dana 30, all turning stock 215/75/15 tires and moving a 93 Grand Cherokee to places your truck only dreams of.
Afdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #23261
typ44
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
this is why i turn my interior lights down and have 4 extra forward lights

never hit a deer

seen hundreds

never hit one though
Consider yourself lucky sir. Here in the PNW a good percentage of our roads are lined with dense trees and brush with no visibility as to whats behind them. As you can imagine the deer don't send you a text that they're going to jump out 10 feet in front of you while you're going 40+ at night. You sometimes end up in a situation where it doesnt matter if its broad daylight, your eyelids are stapled open, your heads in a clamp facing forward, and the deer are spray painted fluorescent orange. Sometimes the collision is going down whether you're the title holder for the worlds most alert driver or not.

Plus I live on an island where the deer are prolific , there are almost no predators, and almost nobody hunts them. Theres several hanging out in my yard as I type this. Their pop control has been left up to car grilles.

I also do alot of mountain road driving in the Olympic Mountains where I camp any chance I get. There its not as much of an issue once you're on the dnr/np roads, but traveling at night on the penninsula makes deer encounters a fact of life. I grew up here, at 40 years old I know how to minimize the chances, but even if you have 10,000 hid's on your rig and a dead black cabin, the chances you will be able to avoid it are nowhere near 100%. You also may have heard mentioned at some point somewhere, but it rains here. Alot. Often at night. On the Olympic penninsula where my jeep racks up most of its miles, we have the only temperate rain forest in the continental U.S. that gets an average of 150 inches of rain per year, making it the wettest place in the United States outside of Kauai. Driving down a 2 lane highway on the coast at night in a heavy down pour even well under the speed limit, with a wall of rocks and trees on one side, and a rocky drop off into the Pacific Ocean on the other, you don't swerve and lock up your brakes, you hit that thing and pray that you and your passengers don't get hurt and that your vehicle is still operational afterwards.

And no I'm not saying every person in the PNW is going to hit a deer at some point in their lives, its definitely a buzzkill lottery.

So yeah, I'de like to further reduce my chances of stuffing a deer through the radiator at night a couple hundred miles and a ferry ride from my house by reinforcing that weak spot.

Be glad you don't live in a state where you have an antler rat trifecta of perfect storm conditions for your jeep to have a one night stand with bambi's parents sans your consent.
typ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #23262
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Build a steel bumper with a "Pre runner" style bar. Nothing will get trough that. That little push bar you got off a crown Vic might help,once
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #23263
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cut off the track bar off my new donor axle (bolt was stripped anyways, no other way to get it out, going to use the ZJ track bar anyways), verified the 3.73 gearing, then fooled with trying to get the pinion nut off to transfer the ZJ yolk onto the new axle.

I loathe coil spring suspension. So much extra effort for so little gain.

Though I did contemplate a small lift...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #23264
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Just did upper and lower ball joints and a u joint while I was I in there.

Broke two Moog u joint caps installing it, after the second return at Advance Auto, they just gave me the extra caps out of the u joints I had returned!

And tell you what, that lower ball joint sure comes out easier if you press it the right way!

Next gonna do my front lower control arms as soon as my bolts come from Fastenal
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #23265
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ44 View Post
Consider yourself lucky sir.
i like it when the deer turn a few degrees and suddenly become visible

i just hit the horn and slow down

and yes i do lucky very well , thank you
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.