What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1530 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #22936
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000 View Post
I think what they did is lower the file size quota for non supporting members. I had to go into forum posting settings and change the file upload size to low resolution. FYI by using photo bucket or imigur you are giving them permission to use your pictures in any way they want. Once uploaded to their servers they own your images.
On my ANDROID i cant change that on JF? N i pay for this! Plam to face!

davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #22937
Afdude88
1993 ZJ 

I had to change my picture quality from super fine to normal and change the size to the smallest, to to get take and upload pics from my phone

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4
Afdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #22938
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Picked up some front rotors along with front and rear pads on my lunch break. Should be a good way to kill an hour after work.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #22939
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

JY has a D44 with 3.73's...hmm tempting
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #22940
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

I think I heard the lsd in my 8.8 chatter today, guy at work said he heard it too, either that or my drivers side cv shaft. Also, it feels like a bearing went bad, cause it seems to vibrate a little, it somewhat goes away when I go through a gradual turn. I think its cause I used 80w-90 non synthetic, and not 75w-140 synthetic which is what I think its supposed to take.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #22941
ZMan1314
1995 ZJ 

My buddy helped me rebuild my rebuilt 231 today..

Always be sure your transfer case is full of fluid folks..or this might happen to you while driving 70 down the highway..

Melted/broke the high-low shift fork, luckily a friend had another 231 laying around that I used for parts. REALLY lucky it didn't cause a lot more damage!
ZMan1314 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #22942
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Well, new front brakes are on and the pedal feels much better. Front pads were getting pretty thin, so it was time.

Moved on to the back and realized the pads had plenty of life left, which was a pleasant surprise. Still need to flush the brake fluid and service both diffs.

While I was poking around the back brakes, I was happy to find out that all the rear control arm bushings had been swapped out for urethane. Its nice to know that at least one of the previous owners took care of this Jeep.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #22943
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj

On my ANDROID i cant change that on JF? N i pay for this! Plam to face!
Well then, I think I discovered the only way my iPhone is better than an Android...

Dang and here I was considering buying the membership to solve the problem. Thanks for chiming in, I'll spend the money on my soon to arrive daughter until the fix it'

On topic: The wife drove it to work because I forgot to fill her car up...
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #22944
Afdude88
1993 ZJ 

Seems i have a slight squeek in one of my pulley.s...now to find out which one. Ps pump, water pump, and idler pulley are all less than a year old. Hopefully not the water pump, the pulley looks a tad wobbly and i did just replace the fan clutch.

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4
Afdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #22945
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

I'm just curious, why does everyone pick the taurus efan over others? And is there a specific year of taurus I should be pulling it from? And how hard is it to wire up? I know basics of wiring but am definitely not an expert...

Sorry for all the questions just thinking about tackling this project soon and want to be sure I've got all the right parts and that I'm doing it right. Thanks guys!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #22946
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS
I'm just curious, why does everyone pick the taurus efan over others? And is there a specific year of taurus I should be pulling it from? And how hard is it to wire up? I know basics of wiring but am definitely not an expert...

Sorry for all the questions just thinking about tackling this project soon and want to be sure I've got all the right parts and that I'm doing it right. Thanks guys!
It's a two speed fan that works well, fits in the ZJ, and can be found in abundance. It's not hard for somebody comfortable with clipping wires. There are several good write ups on it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/f...l-pics-233676/

If you're looking for one that runs off of the coolant temp instead of a switch like the niner fan it's a little more involved but its still not too complicated.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #22947
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post

It's a two speed fan that works well, fits in the ZJ, and can be found in abundance. It's not hard for somebody comfortable with clipping wires. There are several good write ups on it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/f...l-pics-233676/

If you're looking for one that runs off of the coolant temp instead of a switch like the niner fan it's a little more involved but its still not too complicated.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Thank you very much for your help!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #22948
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I picked up a new, in the box niner fan for $40 about a month ago.
I'm still trying to locate all the OEM odds n ends crap to make it automatic....
But it will be worth it when it's finally done!!!
Unread 05-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #22949
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
I picked up a new, in the box niner fan for $40 about a month ago.
I'm still trying to locate all the OEM odds n ends crap to make it automatic....
But it will be worth it when it's finally done!!!
If you want, I'll grab the upper rad hose t-fitting off my parts niner when I get a chance. Use that and an aftermarket controller to make the fan automatic.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #22950
wtb300
1994 ZJ 

Starter changed now what to do with the rest of my day...
wtb300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.