Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#30,041 ·
Today I installed my front bump stops, made/installed my rear bump stops, cleaned and finally painted my "frame", beat the pinch seam in the front wheel wells flat, and finally rigged up some isolaters for the brake hard lines I made on the 8.8.
It is nice to never worry about unbolting shocks or fighting coils out anymore...

Had to get creative to figure out where to drill the rear bump stops in

#30,042 ·
Yesterday I dried out the inside of my headlamps with my heatgun and siliconed the seams so I don't have lighted fishbowls anymore! I also used a 3m headlight resurfacing kit and I was SHOCKED how well they worked both lamps look brand new. Then I threw in some NAPA Long Lite's and now i can turn the day into night instead of hoping theres nothing in front of me. (They were so yellowed I couldn't see at all!) I'd reccomend the bulbs and the resurfacing kit to anyone, just make sure your drill is 1200 - 1600 rmp's. Mine's 1300 and worked superbly. (Two batteries and a quick charger would help to so you dont have to stop between batteries)

#30,043 ·
Yesterday I dried out the inside of my headlamps with my heatgun and siliconed the seams so I don't have lighted fishbowls anymore! I also used a 3m headlight resurfacing kit and I was SHOCKED how well they worked both lamps look brand new. Then I threw in some NAPA Long Lite's and now i can turn the day into night instead of hoping theres nothing in front of me. (They were so yellowed I couldn't see at all!) I'd reccomend the bulbs and the resurfacing kit to anyone, just make sure your drill is 1200 - 1600 rmp's. Mine's 1300 and worked superbly. (Two batteries and a quick charger would help to so you dont have to stop between batteries)
I just bought new lights off eBay

#30,044 ·
Today I installed my front bump stops, made/installed my rear bump stops, cleaned and finally painted my "frame", beat the pinch seam in the front wheel wells flat, and finally rigged up some isolaters for the brake hard lines I made on the 8.8.
It is nice to never worry about unbolting shocks or fighting coils out anymore...

Had to get creative to figure out where to drill the rear bump stops in

Lookin' good man! Lovin that jeep you have :thumbsup:

OT: Got the day off of work today, I think I might go and finish my stereo, maybe extend my brakelines, or possibly finish welding my diff skid, or adjust my rear axle to dial in the pinion more... Or maybe all of the above! :2thumbsup: We'll see how much i actually get done...

#30,047 ·
I have a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi auto, I sat in some deep muddy water that came up bout to the grill and front fenders, road was flooded and had to wait on a car behind me to turn around, prob sat ther maybe a full 2 mins. my jeep ran fine till I turned on my road smoke started coming from under hood and out the exhaust, kinda sputter little before I parked it. figured itd been because it was wet, but now its making a screeching sound when I crank it and oil all over the passenger side of motor.... don't make since any advice???
stop drop roll ?

#30,048 ·
Gonna get around to replacing my cracked exhuast manifold when the tax refund shows up. I'm trying to decide between a standard manifold with flex joints which should last a while, or the banks header clone from ebay which I know nothing about. Anyone know how long they last? I'd like the slight performance boost from the headers. Since I'm also putting in a WJ intake manifold, but it probably won't be worth it if it cracks in a year.

#30,049 ·
Gonna get around to replacing my cracked exhuast manifold when the tax refund shows up. I'm trying to decide between a standard manifold with flex joints which should last a while, or the banks header clone from ebay which I know nothing about. Anyone know how long they last? I'd like the slight performance boost from the headers. Since I'm also putting in a WJ intake manifold, but it probably won't be worth it if it cracks in a year.
wrap it with a heat wrap and get a flex joint from ******* parts store :thumbsup:

#30,052 ·
Bought 20$ foglights from wall mart took two days tryed to hook them up and nothing turned out both lights were defective inside bulb worked when i took it completely out of the housing but put it back in the housing and nothing so im guessing the ground is bad on the actual housing connecting to the bulb..... yay!!!!!!

#30,055 ·
I'm temporarily driving an 08 Ram with a Hemi in it while I'm waiting on my Silverado. I'd imagine a WK with one is pretty quick. The Ram definitely has some balls
The new Hemi is definitely more powerful than the Magnum 5.9. However, it's not an engine I'd like to own. They eat water pumps, have 16 spark plugs, and take up a ton of space for an OHV engine.

#30,056 ·
The new Hemi is definitely more powerful than the Magnum 5.9. However, it's not an engine I'd like to own. They eat water pumps, have 16 spark plugs, and take up a ton of space for an OHV engine.
And despite the extra power and better gearing, with the extra weight of a WK, a 5.7 WK isn't really any faster than a niner (they're about even in a 1/4 mile).

#30,057 ·
Bought 20$ foglights from wall mart took two days tryed to hook them up and nothing turned out both lights were defective inside bulb worked when i took it completely out of the housing but put it back in the housing and nothing so im guessing the ground is bad on the actual housing connecting to the bulb..... yay!!!!!!
harbor freight lights do that too have fun :cheers2:

#30,058 ·
So I had an interesting problem yesterday as I was doing checking the fluids in my jeep. I first checked the oil, coolant, transmissiom fluid and everything checked out. So I crawl under my jeep to check the tcase and differentials. When I got to the front diff I tool off the filler plug, and to my surprise fluid started to pour out! Now this threw me off as I know I couldn't have added that much fluid into my diff. So I looked at the fluid and it appeared rather milky and odd. So I pulled the cover off and this is what I found

So I'm guessing that somehow water got in the diff, possibly from the snow last week. So yeah thats what I did to my zj haha

sent from, uh

#30,059 ·
So I had an interesting problem yesterday as I was doing checking the fluids in my jeep. I first checked the oil, coolant, transmissiom fluid and everything checked out. So I crawl under my jeep to check the tcase and differentials. When I got to the front diff I tool off the filler plug, and to my surprise fluid started to pour out! Noe this threw me off as I know I couldn't have added that much fluid into my diff. So I looked at the fluid and it appeared rather milky and odd. So I pulled the cover off and this is what I found

Do I'm guessing that somehoe water got in the diff, possibly from the snow last week. So yeah thats what I did to my zj haha

sent from, uh
Breather isn't attached and you spent some time in the water. Brake clean the crap out of it and change the fluid in another couple hundred miles