Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#29,841 ·
I'm sold on them never obtaining the parts. It was all a ploy to please the NHTSA. Now that the NHTSA has called off the recall (which they should have never tried to put in place), those parts are forever going to be on order. I can't and don't blame Chrysler for that. If you're afraid of your vehicle exploding, sell it and get something "safer."

#29,846 ·
Winched a new chevy 1500 out of a 4ft ditch today during a snow storm. Took a little while but I got her out! The couple tossed me some money for helping them, didn't realize until I counted it they have me $120.

Coincidently my slight coolant leak I couldn't track down showed itself Halfway home. My radiator is cracked, which so happened to cost me $123. :rofl:

I only had some coolant to put in the system and had to cycle about 2 gals of distilled water to get home. I didn't have anymore antifreeze at home and with the water still leaking out of it I pulled the lower radiator hose and let the water pump push what I think is most of the water out.

Does anyone think this will be ok for a few days? I'm just worried that any existing water in it would freeze up and create a problem. I believe I got most of the water out, with letting it push the coolant out from the lower hose.

#29,847 ·
It could freeze and cause an issue in the block. You still have a gallon or so sitting in water passages. Personally id get to an auto parts store and get some antifreeze in it or pull the plug on the side of the block and drain it out.

#29,849 ·
Gallon of freeze is only $11 at walmart. It should be more than enough. Ive been doing it for around a month now because mine has been leaking around the seam on the driver side. Im trying to put it and the heater core off til taxes and some warmer weather.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum

#29,850 ·
50/50 water antifreeze is where you need to be. Buy 1 gallon of pure antifreeze and mix it with 1 gallon of water. Problem solved. Dont waste money on the premix crap. It's onle $1-$2 cheaper and you get half the product you do with 100% antifreeze.

#29,852 ·
Washed the Jeep after some fun in as much snow as VA ever gets, and continuing to hunt for why my Jeep likes to idle funny....I'm going to be replacing both O2 sensors with the new exhaust that's going on shortly. Already checked IAC and TPS, and cleaned TB.

#29,853 ·
Took the radiator out today, sprayed it down, dried it, and filled it up. Instantly started pouring out from the bottom right hand section near the lower hose. Thought I could possibly drive it around for a day or two before the new radiator came, but at this rate it would be empty in minutes. Sad day :(

#29,855 ·
Finally having some nice weather here. though it'll get cold again tomorrow. I went out and adjusted the rear pinion angle. I'm about to go test it but I'm assuming it's still gonna have some bad vibes. Anyone with a short arm rear lift at 5" have any advice at dialing in this pinion better? I've adjusted if about 5 times now in the past couple weeks (at one turn out of the upper control arms per adjustment) and haven't gotten anywhere. The only tools I have for measuring the angle are my smart phone and one of these little things http://www.sears.com/skill-tech-ins...p-00940760000P?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

What do I need to be using? haha

#29,856 ·
Just to clear things up about seafoam, just because it smokes doesnt mean it's doing anything. Seafoam in itself will smoke, thats what you see. Does it work? Maybe, maybe not. I have used it before, nothing changed in terms of the way the Jeep ran. I used it in the gas tank ONCE and will NEVER make that mistake again.

#29,857 ·
Just to clear things up about seafoam, just because it smokes doesnt mean it's doing anything. Seafoam in itself will smoke, thats what you see. Does it work? Maybe, maybe not. I have used it before, nothing changed in terms of the way the Jeep ran. I used it in the gas tank ONCE and will NEVER make that mistake again.
I've tested the whole seafoam smoke thing. In cars with shiny valves, I've yet to have smoke, but on cars where the valves are crudded up, I get smoke every time. Seafoam itself doesn't actually create smoke in my experience.

As far as its use in a gas tank, I have yet to have any problems. And Deep Creep is really good at un-sludging crankcases.

Anyway, I scoped out some new audio options for the Orvis today. I also have been working on blowing up an image I found of the UpCountry logo.

And where I was last night:
:rofl:

#29,859 ·
I've tested the whole seafoam smoke thing. In cars with shiny valves, I've yet to have smoke, but on cars where the valves are crudded up, I get smoke every time. Seafoam itself doesn't actually create smoke in my experience.

As far as its use in a gas tank, I have yet to have any problems. And Deep Creep is really good at un-sludging crankcases.

Anyway, I scoped out some new audio options for the Orvis today. I also have been working on blowing up an image I found of the UpCountry logo.

And where I was last night:
:rofl:
Whats with the suspension POUP?

#29,860 ·
Whats with the suspension POUP?

Instead of making each letter manually, I made one version of each letter (SUPENIO GR) and moved the copies around. To make the R, I just modified the P, but hadn't gotten around to it by that point. So, it was UP COUNTRY SUSPENSION POUP.

It's fixed now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to make the checkered tree for the background, without manually speckling it.