What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1485 - JeepForum.com
 66Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #22261 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM
OldManTan
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TWIN PEAKS
Posts: 343
Pulled in the driveway and saw her parked looking sad at me... Took her out or a short sprint and was sure to stretch her legs a little haha

Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
OldManTan is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22262 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM
PeteNnewburg
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newburg
Posts: 379
pain

Sorry to hear about the wrist (s). I've been playing with R&L ACL, MCL & LCL in both knees. The old joke of football injurys hits home asap when its real. And I never even got 2 NCAA. I love steroids. I'll take any reduction in pain I can get! I sleep w/20 lb of ice on the knees every night, after 30 years.

2000 Cherokee
1983 Ranger 5.0
1998 Mustang
PeteNnewburg is offline  
post #22263 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
PeteNnewburg
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newburg
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmantan View Post
pulled in the driveway and saw her parked looking sad at me... Took her out or a short sprint and was sure to stretch her legs a little haha
nice!!

2000 Cherokee
1983 Ranger 5.0
1998 Mustang
PeteNnewburg is offline  
post #22264 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 PM
micellis
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 136
Rolled over 220k. Changed the oil and cleaned the air filter. Trying to get her to pass emissions
micellis is offline  
post #22265 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 PM
rowdy_sohc
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 13
I roasted a rotor today. My front caliper decided to lock up on the way home! Looks like a brake job tomorrow after work.
rowdy_sohc is offline  
post #22266 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 08:16 PM
csouers
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington
Posts: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
Pulled in the driveway and saw her parked looking sad at me... Took her out or a short sprint and was sure to stretch her legs a little haha
I see something oddly screw shaped in your LF tire. Maybe a screw made out of stone?

1998 Bright Platinum ZJ 5.9 Limited - 5.9l, 46RE, NV-242, D30/44a (Trac-Loc) w/3.73s - The DD
1999 White XJ Sport - 4.0l, AW4, NP-231, D30/8.25 w/3.55s - The Rig

My Photography
csouers is offline  
post #22267 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 08:23 PM
95knight
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post

This happen to me also yesterday. I ripped the headliner of and dropped the moonroof along with taking the moonroof motor out to force it closed by hand. When I used it that day it slowly died out and the little circuit bored near the motor started clicking when I hit the switch. I wonder if it's possibly the motor that died out or the board soldering.
Ya when i get a my headliner redone in summer im gonna fix it but dont want to have to pull it down twice you know
95knight is offline  
post #22268 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
mandrews000
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Wonder where u disappeared to..hope that wrist gets better..
Its been a month and a half, still have some pain with twisting motion but overall I've had worse. Shattered heel in college and knee reconstruction my junior year of high school due to a total blow out while wrestling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNnewburg View Post
Sorry to hear about the wrist (s). I've been playing with R&L ACL, MCL & LCL in both knees. The old joke of football injurys hits home asap when its real. And I never even got 2 NCAA. I love steroids. I'll take any reduction in pain I can get! I sleep w/20 lb of ice on the knees every night, after 30 years.
Not looking forward to it Pete!

It was depressing to read what everyone on here doing so I just too a break and focused on my pregnant wife.
mandrews000 is offline  
post #22269 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 08:28 PM
98ZJLTD
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
Started looking at tires. Looking to step up to a 245/75r16 for the time being until I can afford to lift it the way I want to and put it on 33's. Leaning towards tread wrights at this point just because they're cheap, anyone have any suggestions on a tire in that size?
98ZJLTD is offline  
post #22270 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 08:45 PM
PeteNnewburg
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newburg
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
Started looking at tires. Looking to step up to a 245/75r16 for the time being until I can afford to lift it the way I want to and put it on 33's. Leaning towards tread wrights at this point just because they're cheap, anyone have any suggestions on a tire in that size?
I do not know about the "Tread Wrights", but I am/ have been looking at thr General AT2 265x70x16 for my "Niner" wheels with my 2" BB for beach duty. Do you have a link or info on the "Tread Wrights".

2000 Cherokee
1983 Ranger 5.0
1998 Mustang
PeteNnewburg is offline  
post #22271 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM
98ZJLTD
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNnewburg View Post

I do not know about the "Tread Wrights", but I am/ have been looking at thr General AT2 265x70x16 for my "Niner" wheels with my 2" BB for beach duty. Do you have a link or info on the "Tread Wrights".
https://treadwright.com/

Here is their website, they just do re treads. I'm really just leaning towards those because I'm being cheap and hope to be able to lift the jeep in the next 6 months or so and dont wanna break the bank on tires im not gonna keep for long but my bad vc has destroyed my tires and i'm going to need some new shoes asap.

98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline  
post #22272 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 PM
OldManTan
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TWIN PEAKS
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
I see something oddly screw shaped in your LF tire. Maybe a screw made out of stone?
Haha
I try to pick them out by hand before hittin the highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
https://treadwright.com/

Here is their website, they just do re treads. I'm really just leaning towards those because I'm being cheap and hope to be able to lift the jeep in the next 6 months or so and dont wanna break the bank on tires im not gonna keep for long but my bad vc has destroyed my tires and i'm going to need some new shoes asap.
Currently running the guard dogs from treadwright. No complaints so far
OldManTan is online now  
post #22273 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
95knight
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 495
Is there anyway to check a vc for odd tire ware? My old set ut had on were wierd wear like driver side normal but passenger inside okay outside really bad. And just spent $650 on Discoverer AT3s in November
95knight is offline  
post #22274 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 09:29 PM
PeteNnewburg
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newburg
Posts: 379
It is my understanding that a worn VC will wear the front tires rapidly. Side to side wear may be a different issue.

2000 Cherokee
1983 Ranger 5.0
1998 Mustang
PeteNnewburg is offline  
post #22275 of 44126 Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM
98ZJLTD
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post
Is there anyway to check a vc for odd tire ware? My old set ut had on were wierd wear like driver side normal but passenger inside okay outside really bad. And just spent $650 on Discoverer AT3s in November
If you can feel binding when doing tight turns in parking lots or u can hear your tires chirp a bit while turning or your tires are cupping or all 3 its a safe bet your vc is on its way out. How many miles on your jeep? The vc usually starts to crap out around 120-150k miles.

98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
green98ZJ , kg6mov
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 37 04-29-2016 10:36 PM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome