What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 147 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 05-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #2191
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Finally got the Taurus fan running again. 4 years of neglected crimp-on ring terminals almost got the best of me. New weatherproof crimp and shrink terminals are in place.

Also mocked up my rear Clayton stiffeners and brackets. This could get interesting. KOR sliders will have to be modified, but not too bad. Hope to get the back done up in the next week, worst case 2.

Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #2192
blackjack12982
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
you will love those tires man i loved my 35" KM2s on my xj and miss them, so im getting 32" KM2s for the zj interesting they are taller than your old new 35s. KM2s usually measure out a little smaller than most their size. my KM2s were around a 34.8" where as my buddies 35" TRXUS were 35.2"
It was by no means a scientific measurement. But 3 of the tires on my ZJ were worn out Maxxis Buckshot Mudders, the KM2's were definitely taller than them. The other one that I really compared the clearance to was the "new" Wild Country tire, both the tech and I were concerned the KM2's were going to rub at ride height. Thankfully they didn't, and it allowed me to clearance them at home with a BFH and a sawzall, but it was dang close.

I read alot of reviews on them, and they seemed to offer the best combination of mileage/performance/price. Hopefully they'll last, otherwise my old lady will have a fit if they're shot before I get back from deployment again in '13, hopefully it's tons and 37's after the next foray.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...ights-2342649/
blackjack12982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #2193
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12982 View Post
It was by no means a scientific measurement. But 3 of the tires on my ZJ were worn out Maxxis Buckshot Mudders, the KM2's were definitely taller than them. The other one that I really compared the clearance to was the "new" Wild Country tire, both the tech and I were concerned the KM2's were going to rub at ride height. Thankfully they didn't, and it allowed me to clearance them at home with a BFH and a sawzall, but it was dang close.

I read alot of reviews on them, and they seemed to offer the best combination of mileage/performance/price. Hopefully they'll last, otherwise my old lady will have a fit if they're shot before I get back from deployment again in '13, hopefully it's tons and 37's after the next foray.
i wouldnt be worried at all. my 35" KM2s had around 3-4,000 miles on them when i sold them and they were still almost brand new for tread depth. which is why im getting them for the zj haha. was going to go with mall terrains but i love the KM2s to much. plus the mud tire howl just cant be beat on summer nights with the windows down!
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #2194
blackjack12982
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
i wouldnt be worried at all. my 35" KM2s had around 3-4,000 miles on them when i sold them and they were still almost brand new for tread depth. which is why im getting them for the zj haha. was going to go with mall terrains but i love the KM2s to much. plus the mud tire howl just cant be beat on summer nights with the windows down!
I'm glad to hear that. I hadn't actually heard too many bad things about them to tell you the truth. Hooray for actually getting to go wheeling soon!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...ights-2342649/
blackjack12982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #2195
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

33s and a roof rack with two more hellas

love it
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #2196
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Got a spare tire! Exactly what i needed. Gloss black 15x8 rim with a 33x12.50x15 KM1 with about 40% tread and a brand new valve stem for $20. Now just need to order the actual tires i'm going to run haha.

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #2197
ZJ4LIFE
1993 ZJ 

New Hercules trail diggers 31x10.50R15 , KOR radiator support, IRO Heavy Duty Over The Knuckle Steering, new radiator, new hoses, painted hood with Rust-Oleum HIGH HEAT and 2 more Hella 500FF on front bumper.
ZJ4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #2198
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

kind of wanting a brushgaurd. paint chips on the hood suck and want to go back to halogen bulbs but want some fogs to and dont want to mount them to my bumper cover since they will shake everywhere and want to keep my stock fogs. anyone know of the cheapest place to get one?

yes i know i could make a bumper but i want to keep the stock bumper cover plus i like the look of brushgaurds. call me a poser but the jeep kind of is mall crawler status right now haha
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #2199
zjdamien
1993 ZJ 

Found my water pump pissing coolant every where when ever I shut it off if it ain't one thing it's another
93 zj 4.6 stroker fastmen throttle body, adj FPR, D.U.I. Coil, 5"ish lift, iron Y long arm adj trac bar, 249 t-case 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers, home brew roof rack and bumper, red top, hi lift, KOR rad support, & steering gearbox brace, 3.73 gears
Other rides
2005 triumph bonnievillie America custom
89' chevy step side 6" drop in front bagged in rear
zjdamien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #2200
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
kind of wanting a brushgaurd. paint chips on the hood suck and want to go back to halogen bulbs but want some fogs to and dont want to mount them to my bumper cover since they will shake everywhere and want to keep my stock fogs. anyone know of the cheapest place to get one?

yes i know i could make a bumper but i want to keep the stock bumper cover plus i like the look of brushgaurds. call me a poser but the jeep kind of is mall crawler status right now haha
There's one on eBay that's not too bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-98...Q5fAccessories

I've been eying it, but that kind of stuff rusts bad where I live. I had tubular running boards on my old Jimmy. The guy I bought it from had them installed a year before I got it. They were rusting pretty badly about a year after I had it. We have some major salt on our roads in the winter...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #2201
Andy05
1997 ZJ 

got alot done today. Trying to get my new to me 97 Jeep GC with 175K miles back on the road. I bought it from a coworker who had it sitting for about a year and a half. It had a cracked header so I took the intake and exhaust manifold off. While the intake manifold was off I decided to get it a much needed "bath". Got the new exhaust manifold on and got everything together. Then I dropped the gas tank and replaced the Pump. After that I flushed the brake lines. The old brake fluid was in terrible condition, it came out black. My ABS light is still on and the pedal is alittle soft so I may have to reblead the lines. Almost there.
Andy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #2202
rpminc

Installed Hella's On Bumper

have some photos when I am able post photots I will
rpminc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #2203
Bwhite92
1994 ZJ 

Got my two 6x9's in the back in enclosures. Sounds pretty good. Now I just need to get rid of the stock 6.5's in the back doors And it should sound pretty sweet. Plans to start Fab on the front bumper tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.
Bwhite92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #2204
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

U-pol raptor my hood because zj hoods are prone to rust under the lip and mine was no exception... Let's see it rust now!
image-224403344.jpg  
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #2205
RJSoAZ
1996 ZJ 

added an AUX input to my old school pioneer premier deck, I now have ipod capability! Also discovered the person who installed the stereo left a bolt loose, and decided against installing 7 trim screws... added those to my junk yard list
96 ZJ - 4" Rough Country X Lift, JKS rear TB, JKS Quicker Discos, homebrew front bumper, KOR radiator support, IRO Belly Skid, IRO premium sliders, Upcountry Gas tank skid, 33x12.50R15 Good year Wrangler Duratracs, Cragar V-5 (3.75in BS )
Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/rjs-96-zj-build-1125143/
RJSoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.