Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#29,301 ·
Bringing in the NEW YEAR with a bang! Did a lot this weekend, SOLD 2 of our JEEPS, bought another one (Friday, the 3rd), thinking about selling the last ZJ and do not know what to get?

Decisions, decisions...... :laugh:
There's a clean nearly-stock niner in Fort Worth. Pick it up, it'd be a lot nicer than that powder blue monstrosity you call a ZJ :rofl:

#29,305 ·
Since the wj is stuck in the garage I took the niner to work. -15 out and she cranked right up! Let her run for a bit then left. Heard a squeaking from under the hood for the first few miles when letting off the gas, I thought it was the belt but it's not. Thinking the tensioner might be the culprit. We'll see if it comes back.

#29,308 ·
todays high was -1* f so i figured i should drive it some

i warmed her up for 10 minutes and drove a half mile and let her warm up some more while i was getting a soda

you would think 15 minutes of warmup would be good but nope , the trans didnt appreciate the 1-2 shift i wanted it to do and slipped some so i drove her about 3 miles at 30 mph then she was back to normal

#29,309 ·
todays high was -1* f so i figured i should drive it some

i warmed her up for 10 minutes and drove a half mile and let her warm up some more while i was getting a soda

you would think 15 minutes of warmup would be good but nope , the trans didnt appreciate the 1-2 shift i wanted it to do and slipped some so i drove her about 3 miles at 30 mph then she was back to normal
-20 here.... Everything was frozen on my Jeep, couldn't turn the steering wheel, starter wasn't kicking out properly, throttle was stuck, wipers didn't move very quickly...... It was bad.

Because of this I've decided to retire my ZJ from DD duty. It will be used for off road use now and be replaced with a 06-07 Nissan Titan.

#29,310 ·
-20 here.... Everything was frozen on my Jeep, couldn't turn the steering wheel, starter wasn't kicking out properly, throttle was stuck, wipers didn't move very quickly...... It was bad.

Because of this I've decided to retire my ZJ from DD duty. It will be used for off road use now and be replaced with a 06-07 Nissan Titan.
:eek: noooooooooooooo :nono:

mine started like it was hungover but other than that it was normal , loud clicks ( idfk what that is ) and a bellowing exhaust note

#29,312 ·

Yup. Same case here. I didn't have over drive for half my drive home until everything warmed up. Today was stupid cold. Tomorrow I'm getting a Ram 1500 to hold me over until my Silverado is in. No more DD duty for mine either.

#29,315 ·
#29,317 ·
I believe you are referring to this ****ing dumb***, he is out of this his mind for $6k. I call him and offer him $4k cash, and he told everything I am and more with the most up right attitude....no thanks.....

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4262918736.html
Sounds like some spoiled brat that blew the tranny in Mommy's Niner and is trying to recoup the $2500 or so it cost to have it rebuilt

KBB value in his area is $3,212 in excellent condition....:laugh:

#29,318 ·
Sounds like some spoiled brat that blew the tranny in Mommy's Niner and is trying to recoup the $2500 or so it cost to have it rebuilt

KBB value in his area is $3,212 in excellent condition....:laugh:
That definately sounds like a spoiled little s***. Granted it is clean inside and out but theres no way in hell i would give him anything over 4 and thats pushing it.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum

#29,320 ·
I believe you are referring to this ****ing dumb***, he is out of this his mind for $6k. I call him and offer him $4k cash, and he told me everything I am and more with the most up right attitude....no thanks.....

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4262918736.html
Yeah, the dude seemed like a dick in the ad. Myself, if I read the words "firm price" in an ad, I just won't contact the seller. Negotiate or don't sell.

Anyway, I tried to drive the Orvis to work today, but the battery was totally drained. That's the second time that's happened, and both times were the night after a snap freeze. I think it's gotta be Autozone's ****ty battery, given that it doesn't have trouble on nights where it's not 15 degrees out. At least I hope I don't have a closed or short circuit.

Thursday is payday, I'll just pick up a new battery at work and drop that in, see if it fixes my problem. I really really hope it does, because I have no idea where I'd start diagnosing a short.