Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#29,181 ·
Looks like everybody had a good time.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum

#29,183 ·
Skip the lift and just run skinny 31s or something. I'll be stuffing a set of 215/85R16s under mine (at stock height) in the spring / summer. They're narrow enough to stay out of the LCAs and such and should clear everywhere else too (heck, they fit on a stock KJ with no rubbing).
Yeah, I've been looking at just going with tires. I think the running boards stand as my only potential modification for offroad performance- that is, removing them for better rocker clearance. They hang down pretty low, or at least look like they do. Some better tires for the application and I think I'll be set. Hell, I could fit the tires I was running on the Laredo with some rubbing. Go an inch or 2 smaller than those 32" JK tires and it'll be rub-free.

Man, feels weird, talking about wheeling a Jeep with a stock suspension.

#29,189 ·
Another vid from today. As you can see by how far back I slide once I lose my forward momentum, the top of the hill was SLICK!!!

Time for lockers soon!:laugh:

One of these days after the state thaws out and I get around to lifting my ZJ I'll have to come out with you guys.

#29,191 ·
Finished my rewire of the niner, have the alternator from the green one in it right now to test if the alt was part of my parasitic drain.

#29,194 ·
Replaced this:
Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Hand tool

With this:
Light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Audio equipment

And the negative side as well. All new wire and connectors battery to starter, fuse box and alt, and battery to chassis ground and engine ground.

#29,195 ·
Played in the snow too. These Duratracs rock!
I went to Cliffs Insane Terrain and had an alright time. Our group had a really bad day in general there. First, one of the guys XJs wouldn't start on the trailer after he already ran it at home that morning. Then, another guy Chevied his XJ (tie rod snapped and both wheels turned in. They used the parts off the XJ that was still on the trailer to get it going. While they were making the parts run, another member of the group had an accident with his RZR which required him to leave and go to the ER. He almost lost his finger but they managed to save it for him. Another group member was having trouble with her TJ's throttle sticking and hit a few trees because of it. Lastly, another guy had a car spin out in front of him on the interstate on the way home. He hit the car then hit the wall with his tow vehicle. He and his son were both okay after the incident. Thankfully nothing happened to my ZJ. Because of my Duratracs, I was able to accomplish most of the obstacles on the trails we rode trouble free. Apparently Duratracs are the tire of choice for icy wheeling conditions.

#29,196 ·
I went to Cliffs Insane Terrain and had an alright time. Our group had a really bad day in general there. First, one of the guys XJs wouldn't start on the trailer after he already ran it at home that morning. Then, another guy Chevied his XJ (tie rod snapped and both wheels turned in. They used the parts off the XJ that was still on the trailer to get it going. While they were making the parts run, another member of the group had an accident with his RZR which required him to leave and go to the ER. He almost lost his finger but they managed to save it for him. Another group member was having trouble with her TJ's throttle sticking and hit a few trees because of it. Lastly, another guy had a car spin out in front of him on the interstate on the way home. He hit the car then hit the wall with his tow vehicle. He and his son were both okay after the incident. Thankfully nothing happened to my ZJ. Because of my Duratracs, I was able to accomplish most of the obstacles on the trails we rode trouble free. Apparently Duratracs are the tire of choice for icy wheeling conditions.
Damn, that sounds like a rough outing!

#29,198 ·
Holy crap that sounds like a tough day! Good to hear you made it through alright. We're heading out there Saturday with a few guys from our club. Should be interesting with all this extra snow falling...that's if it's making it that far south.