What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1439 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #21571
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
Singularly the most dirty fluid change/fix I have EVER done. Gives you a good feeling when you've finished though!
You should change the brake master cylinder on a '67 CJ5...you ain't seen messy yet

MC is under the driver side footwell, and you fill it by squirting Dot-3 into the reservoir with a squeeze bottle.

Changing the MC itself consists of using brake fluid as shampoo...and, NO it's not therapeutic

Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #21572
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
You should change the brake master cylinder on a '67 CJ5...you ain't seen messy yet

MC is under the driver side footwell, and you fill it by squirting Dot-3 into the reservoir with a squeeze bottle.

Changing the MC itself consists of using brake fluid as shampoo...and, NO it's not therapeutic
And here all this time I thought that ATF+4 was the shampoo to use! Guess I'll be switching to DOT-3 brake fluid!
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #21573
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

Bought My ZJ

Well it wasnt actually today i bought it on the 5th and yesterday i did all the rotors calipers and pads oil change air filter plugs and wires bought the jeep from original owner and it has been sitting for like 3 years and was started every once in a while also did the muffler cause the original was opened like a sardin can from all the rust and thats it so far waiting for some more funds so i can do the lift
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #21574
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post

tow hitch?
Your getting warmer.
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #21575
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Its gonna be like a tow point/BA looking grappling hook!

Imagine a piece of 2" sticking out with 4 tow hooks on it one per side and pain some cool color that im stuck on. Probably black hooks metalic red hitch
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #21576
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

I put another beer sticker on my glass.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #21577
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBiscardi View Post
Well it wasnt actually today i bought it on the 5th and yesterday i did all the rotors calipers and pads oil change air filter plugs and wires bought the jeep from original owner and it has been sitting for like 3 years and was started every once in a while also did the muffler cause the original was opened like a sardin can from all the rust and thats it so far waiting for some more funds so i can do the lift
Holy run-on sentence Batman!

Just givin ya grief man! Hey welcome to the forum! Glad to have another ZJ guy around!

-Evan
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #21578
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Gave her a Bath
imag0607.jpg  

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #21579
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Dropped the trans pan, put in a new filter, and that turkey sounds like a bad power steering pump. It wanted 5 quarts of ATF4 to read in the normal range.

Drove it around for a bit, and I think it might be getting a bit quieter, but we'll see after a day or so. I'm thinking the fluid is kinda bubbly, so the pump's a little pissed.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #21580
oldsixinarow
1998 ZJ 

I swapped the motor in mine over the weekend. The old 4.0 started to knock like crazy. Luckily I had another motor and was able to get it changed in a weekend. New gaskets and timing chain, water pump, t-stat, accordion exhaust manifold and Accel tune-up. I like having a quiet motor again...now all you hear is the Magnaflow, not the bum rod and cracked exhaust manifold.
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #21581
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Today was a fun day. With the help of Scott from NWIJ, I swapped my 249 for my 242 that I've had for quite some time, changed my rear springs, changed my rear uppers to adjustable uppers and dialed in my pinion angle perfectly, and swapped all my shocks for DT3000s. I don't get to drive it right away though because I somehow stripped the nut that goes on the stud for the passenger rear shock. Luckily I didn't damage the stud. I'll get a nut at work tomorrow and hopefully get out in the next couple days to fully test it. I did get a quick drive in after the transfer case but before the rest of the stuff and that's all working well.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #21582
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Built some new discos.....the old clevis pin method got old...
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #21583
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Bought me a new toy last week...

But I did have to finally replace my radiator, water pump and radiator hoses. I had a small leak that was only noticable in the winter time. I was able to get by for 2 yrs before replacing everything, all though when I found out I had a radiator leak I went and bought EVERYTHING to fix it that day.

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #21584
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

AFTER I fought the wind to build a tarp tent to put the ZJ in, I worked on my rocker replacements I'm building.
I cut out some pieces of 1/8", made a couple of rectangular tubes out of them(4"Hx6"Wx9"L), and welded them to the unibody rail and my rocker tubes I built(1/8" thick, 3"Wx4"Hx70"L).
Then I welded a piece of 20ga to the part of the rocker that I didn't cut out. That needs to be ground smooth where it's welded at the top and bolted on to the rocker tubes at the bottom.
Then weld on a long tab to mount the rocker covers on(yes, I couldn't believe she wants that crap back on either...), grind, primer, rock guard paint, and bolt the covers to the underneath of the rocker tubes and the passenger's side is DONE!!!!

Then to repeat the process for the driver's side!
It's gonna be 3 times stronger than it ever was!!
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #21585
Football47
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Is this the look you're after?
Eh kinda, I wanted to go with wood since my dash and everything up front has the wood trim. I left my tire on the side because I didn't wanna end up making a false floor for just my tire -_- and have no room for anything else. Wish I had it more form fitting to the sides, but I had someone pickup the lumber for me and they got the plywood too small. I like your design though, it looks awesome. I might get some more wood since seeing yours to make it more form fitting on the right hand side and put some holes in it for cup holders!
false-floor2.jpg

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.