What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1409 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #21121
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Took off my rear bumper cover to discover this... Apparently the PO was rear ended... Awesome...

forumrunner_20130320_224854.jpg   forumrunner_20130320_224918.jpg  
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #21122
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLorde View Post
Good to know that the front servo test port is a good spot for the 42/44 trannies, 44re in my case. I used the same port for a gauge on my 94 zj w/ the 46rh and my old 98 ram with the 46re. Got it hooked up to a gauge? where did you mount that? Cruzin town what temps ya runnin?

Giving me some motivation here knowin it'll work the same
Good idea to have one. I never really thought of putting one in.. Esp wheelin when your really gettin on it and its not getting airflow to cool it, Itd be nice to keep an eye on it. I may be doing this soon

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #21123
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLorde View Post
Good to know that the front servo test port is a good spot for the 42/44 trannies, 44re in my case. I used the same port for a gauge on my 94 zj w/ the 46rh and my old 98 ram with the 46re. Got it hooked up to a gauge? where did you mount that? Cruzin town what temps ya runnin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Took off my rear bumper cover to discover this... Apparently the PO was rear ended... Awesome...
GD dude. From the looks of your jeep the roads up there get hosed with ice melt. I hate that stuff. I cant literally hear it eating away at my jeep.

Build thread^^
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #21124
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post

GD dude. From the looks of your jeep the roads up there get hosed with ice melt. I hate that stuff. I cant literally hear it eating away at my jeep.
Yup. In milwaukee, wi. You should see the rest of the truck... I hate it. Giving it like one more week and I'm pressure washing everything!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #21125
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

I wash mine more in the winter than summer because of that ****

Build thread^^
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #21126
buttersjeep90
1997 ZJ 

Snapped a bolt

Took a trip to the junk yard today, had to get a power steering bracket bolt, snapped one yesterday changing out the power steering pump, and today i snapped the tensioner puller bolt so it will be back to the junk yard tomorrow, and i put a flow master 40 series under her today, sound nice. i love my heep
buttersjeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #21127
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It's been 2 weeks, time to wax it again
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #21128
martymars

Cut the rusted rockers and bottom front fender out and had a friend weld in some new metal.

Upgraded stock speakers to some Pioneers.

martymars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #21129
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLorde

I'll let you guys know later today what it says on the way to school. I didn't drive it around last night.
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #21130
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Here's where it's mounted

image-3364233427.jpg

Was runnin about 110-115 on my drive to school. The numbers start at 120 so I'm not quite sure exactly but it's close enough.
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #21131
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Here's where it's mounted
What?!?! Why would you sacrifice your VIC for something useful?!?!?!?
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #21132
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Hows it Drive on the street and describe the noise for us that dont know but were thinking of get an Aussie... tnx
After taking it out on a couple of drives, it's quieted down some. It definitely lets you know it's there though. I don't know if I'd recommend this in a daily driver or not yet. I haven't had enough time behind the wheel with it installed. I do get a little binding going around corners when accelerating, even under very light acceleration. If I have the opportunity to coast around a corner, I don't bind at all. The problem is, most corners around me are left or right turns from stoplights/stop signs. Left turns aren't that bad because you can swing out quite a bit to make them. The tight right turns are where I tend to get the binding. We're supposed to get some snow on Sunday so maybe I'll take the ZJ out just to see how the Aussie does with snow. I have a feeling it's going to be rather difficult to drive. Anyway, here's a small video I made to give you a feeling of how it sounds. It's not the best video and my narration sucks, however, here it is. You can hear the wheels binding on the second turn I make. I was accelerating from a stop sign and turning right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxXnlIp1xds
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #21133
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ

What?!?! Why would you sacrifice your VIC for something useful?!?!?!?
I havnt had that thing in there for like 3 months. I havnt missed the beep beep beep at all!!!
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #21134
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I do get a little binding going around corners when accelerating, even under very light acceleration. If I have the opportunity to coast around a corner, I don't bind at all. The problem is, most corners around me are left or right turns from stoplights/stop signs. Left turns aren't that bad because you can swing out quite a bit to make them. The tight right turns are where I tend to get the binding. We're supposed to get some snow on Sunday so maybe I'll take the ZJ out just to see how the Aussie does with snow. I have a feeling it's going to be rather difficult to drive. Anyway, here's a small video I made to give you a feeling of how it sounds. It's not the best video and my narration sucks, however, here it is. You can hear the wheels binding on the second turn I make. I was accelerating from a stop sign and turning right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxXnlIp1xds
That's exactly why I don't want an Aussie. As soon as you apply any throttle, the diff locks, so other than being able to unlock it by coasting, it's almost as bad as a welded diff in terms of street manners. It shouldn't be terrible in the snow, it'll just take some getting used to. At first, you'll probably get sideways a lot.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #21135
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You're referring to an ARB, right? If so, why the issue if it's selectable?

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.