What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1397 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #20941
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

The headers can probably be fixed. Worst case, if you order from Dougthorley.com and use discount code 6772, the Thorleys are $650 shipped at the moment. My set showed up a few hours ago

Chances are the break was due to a rusted weld that finally gave up.

comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #20942
vlonjati

Meant to upload this pic before. My ZJ had a b-day
screen-shot-2013-03-15-6.49.44-pm.jpg  
vlonjati is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #20943
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Happy Birthday

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #20944
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Speaking of birthdays.... For my birthday, the ZJ got all the gifts today...
hpim7560.jpg  
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #20945
B93
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
The headers can probably be fixed. Worst case, if you order from Dougthorley.com and use discount code 6772, the Thorleys are $650 shipped at the moment. My set showed up a few hours ago

Chances are the break was due to a rusted weld that finally gave up.

Good to hear! I have a shop in mind that I'll be visiting tomorrow, I'll see what they say cost-wise for the repair. I've read that welding headers isn't really a DIY thing if you don't have a lot of welding experience, since it's easy to burn right through.
That's a good price for them! Still too much for me though.

Yeah, that would make sense. It's just weird because it happened on a perfectly smooth section of road, not over a bump or anything.
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #20946
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Welded the exhaust on my gfs cherokee with new o2 and cat what a pain in the butt welds look like crap but dont leake had to weld the bung in as well.

93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #20947
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B93 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. I took a corner, gave it some gas, then outta nowhere... "RROOOAAARRRRRRRR" went the ZJ. Pulled over to see my exhaust separated in half. Got a coat hanger to hold things from hitting the road, and went back on my way. At least it's somehow a clean break, so a cheap clamp should hold things together while I spend money fixing more imp.
Haha must be that time mine did same but on tail pipe to muffler coathangered it but ratted tooo much...took piece of conduit pipe yeah long flated ends and bent angle on it clamped to pipe n bolted to the muffler hanger bracket..chaching...
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #20948
B93
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Haha must be that time mine did same but on tail pipe to muffler coathangered it but ratted tooo much...took piece of conduit pipe yeah long flated ends and bent angle on it clamped to pipe n bolted to the muffler hanger bracket..chaching...
Ah yeah, this doesn't really rattle. Occasionally thuds because the tail pipe is resting on the sway bar (still connected to an actual exhaust hanger at the back, should probably just pull it all out). But there's no air going through it so no rattles. My interior on the other hand.... everything rattles from the loud exhaust.
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #20949
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Filled it up again and missed rolling over 120k
forumrunner_20130316_013343.png  
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #20950
ZJOFFROAD93
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B93 View Post
Somehow broke the exhaust today:

It's very loud...
Mine broke in the same spot last Saturday
ZJOFFROAD93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #20951
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Seafoamed the '93. Smoked out a whole parking lot Lol. Seems to run better. Gonna do it again. Needs to be done a few times I think since it hasent been done before.
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #20952
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Started the header install. Old y-pipe and such is out, passenger side manifold is out, passenger side header is in. Gonna go back out in a few minutes to pull the driver's side manifold and get that header in. Y-pipe will go together either this evening or tomorrow, depending on the weather and how long the driver's side takes. Now I'm just questioning my sanity, as it's 30* outside and it's been flurrying all day while I've been working
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #20953
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Started the header install. Old y-pipe and such is out, passenger side manifold is out, passenger side header is in. Gonna go back out in a few minutes to pull the driver's side manifold and get that header in. Y-pipe will go together either this evening or tomorrow, depending on the weather and how long the driver's side takes. Now I'm just questioning my sanity, as it's 30* outside and it's been flurrying all day while I've been working
Hey, what brand are your mounting gaskets? doug thorley? or a different brand? and would you have a part number? The guy i bought mine from didnt have the gaskets, so i was gonna try and find a set at work. gaskets for a dodge 1500 would work, right? oh and btw, got everything for 475
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #20954
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Hey, what brand are your mounting gaskets? doug thorley? or a different brand? and would you have a part number? The guy i bought mine from didnt have the gaskets, so i was gonna try and find a set at work. gaskets for a dodge 1500 would work, right? oh and btw, got everything for 475
Nice job on the price! I'm using the included Doug Thorley gaskets. Any header gaskets from an auto parts store for a 5.2 or 5.9 magnum engine will work, regardless of Jeep, Dodge Ram or Dakota.
Unread 03-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #20955
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Nice job on the price! I'm using the included Doug Thorley gaskets. Any header gaskets from an auto parts store for a 5.2 or 5.9 magnum engine will work, regardless of Jeep, Dodge Ram or Dakota.
Are they like factory replacement ones? even though we didnt have them from the factory, we still sell them. or are they nice performance ones? guy at work says i should get performance ones
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.