What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1366 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #20476
98GCLimited
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LHC, AZ
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcarpenter View Post
Never put in to much oil... It's Terrible idea.
Ya I know. I used to work at a Mobil 1 Lube Express.

I added the 5.25qt jug and a bit of the other quart before I started it up then checked the level it was a good 1/4" below min on the stick so I added the rest of the quart about 6.25 total according to the jugs and its a 1/4" over min on the stick.

98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #20477
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,985
mine dose that too^^^^^ whats the deal ?

not level surface or mabey clogged passages , idk

o.t. though , i took her in to the shop today for sway bar links , $25 each and 60 for labor

i tried yesterday but i dont have the tools or the patience after trying to fix 3 things last week and only got 1 (the speakers) done , i dont feel so bad though after seeing how hard it was to break the tq on those retarded torx bolts

it handles way way better without that driving on 7 wheels feeling any more

i asked the dude to break the tq on the axle nut then tq it back so it would make it easyer on me when i do it , he was like ''no omg i cant do that , it'll mess it up and it could break something!''

he just didnt want to deal with the same crap i was cussing over yesterday and slipped me some lie like i was a snot nosed noob

finding a new shop now after that ****
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/its-jeep-grand-cherokee-you-1443132/#post14516738
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #20478
PeteNnewburg
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newburg, PA
Posts: 368
I replaced the RH front hub/ bearing this afternoon. It went very well, everything is torqued to spec, Loc-tite added, greased all the front end zerks with Valvoline Synthetic. A couple of the zerks needed to be persuaded, one puked muddy looking grease. None of the joints deflected with the fresh grease/ pump pressure! Amazing how quiet it is!
Huge amount of thanks to the FAQ tips!! I used my spare tire to keep the hub stationary; my ½” IR impact zipped the hub nut off dang near instantly. I used a 3/8” impact and spline sockets on the hub mounting bolts, zip & done! If you turn the tire by hand and not by the steering wheel, be prepared for air in your PS System!
I did notice that the disc brake pad mounts on the spindles had groves cut into them by the pad backing plates. I’ll have to run a weld bead on them and re-machine that area.
A quick note on air impact tools, they can only be as good as your compressor. A Ingersoll Rand middle to top of the line impact needs a lot more than 4 – 6cfm (as noted in a previous post). Most Impact’s (the butt kickin, nut bustin type) need a minimum of 7 – 11cfm @ 125 – 150 PSI or more. If you want a high quality, powerful shop tool, skip HF, and spend the money. You’ll have no regrets, less aggravation and perform better work. There are a lot of very good electric/ corded impacts. If you want a cordless, rechargeable, Snap-On’s 18v is awesome. Breaking suspensions down is easy with that brute!
My $0.02
__________________
1995 ZJ DD, http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-zj-dd-1470403/
2000 Cherokee, http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/plain-jane-00-xj-slower-build-1555543/
1998 Mustang GT
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
PeteNnewburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #20479
Ripper3494
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warrenville, Illinois
Posts: 5,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNnewburg View Post
I replaced the RH front hub/ bearing this afternoon. It went very well, everything is torqued to spec, Loc-tite added, greased all the front end zerks with Valvoline Synthetic. A couple of the zerks needed to be persuaded, one puked muddy looking grease. None of the joints deflected with the fresh grease/ pump pressure! Amazing how quiet it is!
Huge amount of thanks to the FAQ tips!! I used my spare tire to keep the hub stationary; my ½” IR impact zipped the hub nut off dang near instantly. I used a 3/8” impact and spline sockets on the hub mounting bolts, zip & done! If you turn the tire by hand and not by the steering wheel, be prepared for air in your PS System!
I did notice that the disc brake pad mounts on the spindles had groves cut into them by the pad backing plates. I’ll have to run a weld bead on them and re-machine that area.
A quick note on air impact tools, they can only be as good as your compressor. A Ingersoll Rand middle to top of the line impact needs a lot more than 4 – 6cfm (as noted in a previous post). Most Impact’s (the butt kickin, nut bustin type) need a minimum of 7 – 11cfm @ 125 – 150 PSI or more. If you want a high quality, powerful shop tool, skip HF, and spend the money. You’ll have no regrets, less aggravation and perform better work. There are a lot of very good electric/ corded impacts. If you want a cordless, rechargeable, Snap-On’s 18v is awesome. Breaking suspensions down is easy with that brute!
My $0.02
X2 on the tools we run an 80gal Ingersoll compressed and their air tools and it's fantastic. But my 5 gal comp on the jeep doesn't do **** lol

Probably sent from under my broken heep
__________________
build thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/94-yj-6-0-build-spud-1218315/[/url]
1994 yj stretched, locked and loaded - 6.0l vortec lq4, 4l60e, np231, Dana 44s 37" interco trxus m/t, 3.5" bds front leafs, double triangulated 4 link rear on xj front coils.
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #20480
Roskoe
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 541
I'm selling my ZJ and buying a Nissan juke
__________________
"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #20481
steeleman3
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 342
__________________
Big Gulps huh? Alriight! Welp, see you later!
steeleman3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #20482
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel
 
davigzj's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: carlisle, ohio
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNnewburg View Post
I did notice that the disc brake pad mounts on the spindles had groves cut into them by the pad backing plates. I’ll have to run a weld bead on them and re-machine that area.
I was thinking the same thing!
davigzj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #20483
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNnewburg View Post
SQUAZZ, if you find a cat converter shield off my 'Stang, should be a block or two away ... LOL
nope haven't seen it

torch- your issue got me thinking why the **** wont my dash lights go out in the 5.9......hmmm

93- got it started for first time in 2 months 2nd TITAN battery was toast traded it for a Exide orbital. Replaced drive side door wiring harness, got working windows again ripped all plastic out of the back in prep for "mini comp cut" possibly starting tomorrow

94- gave it a sad look as I walked past it, it lead a good life come to find out it was totaled 2/1995
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #20484
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoe
I'm selling my ZJ and buying a Nissan juke
You are my idle. I am thinking the same.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #20485
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,985
fail
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/its-jeep-grand-cherokee-you-1443132/#post14516738
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #20486
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel
 
davigzj's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: carlisle, ohio
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
fail
^^^^^^^ x 1000
davigzj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #20487
Roskoe
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 541
I'll body lift it , throw on 22s and rubber bandz
__________________
"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #20488
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler
 
Myusername1674's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post

nope haven't seen it

torch- your issue got me thinking why the **** wont my dash lights go out in the 5.9......hmmm

93- got it started for first time in 2 months 2nd TITAN battery was toast traded it for a Exide orbital. Replaced drive side door wiring harness, got working windows again ripped all plastic out of the back in prep for "mini comp cut" possibly starting tomorrow

94- gave it a sad look as I walked past it, it lead a good life come to find out it was totaled 2/1995
Hey jus curious where'd you get the wire harness and how much was it?

Tried to track down frayed wires to fix my windows, I got em halfway down yesterday, then another wire messed up and now all my windows are stuck down. >
__________________
95 ZJ, Build in progress
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #20489
virtuaopolis
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: calgary, alta
Posts: 5
Popped the ole gurl up on some jack stands to assess the shimmy in thd front end. Looks like a steering system rebuild is in order. StRting with the steering stabilizer shock absorber. Next being the tierod ends on payday.
virtuaopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #20490
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
Hey just curious where'd you get the wire harness and how much was it?

Tried to track down frayed wires to fix my windows, I got em halfway down yesterday, then another wire messed up and now all my windows are stuck down. >
FREE from my 94



I'd really like to come across a set of manual crank windows
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door latch
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.