Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#27,241 ·
My 75wxst box went under the pass seat also.

PITA to get that hood mount back that far wasn't it? I ditched the heavy Firestik antenna though after seeing the fender flexing, replaced with a steel whip.
I thought about pulling the hood for better access. But I finally got it mounted. I wanted it in line with the radio antenna and as far out of my vision as possible. I'm not going to have the antenna on most of the time. I have a quick disco on it. So unless I'm wheeling, it'll be in the back, so the firestik should be fine.

#27,242 ·
Load #1 ready to go for our closing tomorrow. I'm surprised how much it it compressed the rear suspension, even with the trailer empty.

Loaded up the tow tune from the Superchips. Only went around the block so far with a full trailer and pulled it like it was empty. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

#27,245 ·
edited

#27,246 ·
Must be talking about the interior. :confused:
Yes im talking about the hideous Orvis interior. From the outside, they all look the same. The interior is just awful on all levels.

Remember, it's whats inside that counts! lol

#27,248 ·
Any idea what the trailer weighs loaded?

#27,249 ·
No clue. It's at its heaviest now with all our boxes of stuff and it didn't seem too stressed during the test run around our subdivision. The last load or 2 will be just furniture. I wish I had a trans temp gauge in my Ultra gauge but there's nothing to read. Luckily our new house is only 5 miles up the road because there's no way I'd feel comfortable going much farther with it.

#27,251 ·
5.9 tow rating is 5000 lbs Be careful, watch the temp gauge. The biggest problem is overheating. The electric fan doesnt work as well as the clutch fan.

#27,253 ·
For sure. Brining it home 15 miles empty last night it never got above 199, but it was also 31 degrees out lol. I have an Ultra gauge that I always keep an eye on.

And yeah its totally sketchy with the lift. She wanders a bit above 50 on her own, no way I'd want to tow a long distance. I've haven't finished the lift like I wanted to since we've been trying to buy this house. Once we're all settled in I'm ordering up full IRO short arms and upgrading the steering box.

#27,255 ·
Monday, started wiring the new radio crap for the niner.
Circuit component Electronic component Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Cable

Tuesday, oil change for both jeeps, o'reilly had a deal on 5 quarts of royal purple and a kn filter.
Liquid Blue Automotive tire Fluid Plastic bottle

Wednesday, non jeep. Put my buddy's taco into hover mode and swapped out the front clamshell. What a ****ing pain in the ***. Who designed this crap.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

#27,256 ·
I broke my steering box wheeling replaced that got back on the trail and then brock a front axle just relocated my charcoal canister and started to fab up some front tow hooks
Im still waiting on my headers to get hear

#27,257 ·
No clue. It's at its heaviest now with all our boxes of stuff and it didn't seem too stressed during the test run around our subdivision. The last load or 2 will be just furniture. I wish I had a trans temp gauge in my Ultra gauge but there's nothing to read. Luckily our new house is only 5 miles up the road because there's no way I'd feel comfortable going much farther with it.
I towed a fully loaded 12'x6' U-Haul from Schererville, IN to Naperville, IL helping my brother move. That was fun on I-355. First of all, it's got some of the most expensive tolls around and I had 2 more axles. I want to say I paid like $4.20 for the first toll on there and a dollar something for every toll after that. The Jeep performed perfectly though. I didn't overheat and it didn't even struggle. That was before I had my Aussie in the rear though. I don't think I'd do that again with the Aussie in there. I think I'd end up snapping an axle shaft trying to back into a driveway.

#27,258 ·
I towed a fully loaded 12'x6' U-Haul from Schererville, IN to Naperville, IL helping my brother move. That was fun on I-355. First of all, it's got some of the most expensive tolls around and I had 2 more axles. I want to say I paid like $4.20 for the first toll on there and a dollar something for every toll after that. The Jeep performed perfectly though. I didn't overheat and it didn't even struggle. That was before I had my Aussie in the rear though. I don't think I'd do that again with the Aussie in there. I think I'd end up snapping an axle shaft trying to back into a driveway.
Yikes I know those tolls and they suck. I love the new leg of 355 to I80 but avoid it if I can due to those tolls. They raise them every year and I heard another hike is coming for 2014. IL sux.

#27,259 ·
Total of 5 minutes! ;) :mad: :mad:

Answer to #1:

To add to this, you should have a instructions/manual/ of some sort from the company, unless you brought them off of a PO, then I could understand?!

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Suspension_Steering_Axles_and_Brakes/Control_Arm_Chart.htm

Answer to #2:

http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/fan/

Answer to #3:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f140/durango-steering-box-swap-zj-598866/
Awesome guys thanks a lot!

And yes the arms are from a PO.