What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1345 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #20161
ZJOFFROAD93
1993 ZJ 

Went off roading and had some coolant issues. I now have coolant all over my engine bay sweet.

ZJOFFROAD93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #20162
buttersjeep90
1997 ZJ 

Today i took her out in the snow. took 2 pictures. A week ago i added some fog lights up on the fenders and i think it looks nice, and i just turned over 193k on the clock. Sorry about all the pictures. I've never posted pics of my zj on here before.

buttersjeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #20163
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJOFFROAD93 View Post
Went off roading and had some coolant issues. I now have coolant all over my engine bay sweet.
A person from Clayton having ZJ coolant issues... I saw something about that on FB yesterday. I'm gonna take a guess and say you're friends with the kid with the big chopped blue/tan XJ, right?
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #20164
MTNGIRL1
1998 ZJ 

Lookin good buttersjeep90. Has any one bought a tie rod end "kit" , emphasis on H.D. for a 98 ZJ with a 5.2L. I can find em for the 6 cyl. but not the eight and apparently there is a diff. If so from where? Really want one that is built well and not stock. I've been searching this forum high and low. Quadratrac only has for the 4.0L 93-98 models.
Thanks guys.
MTNGIRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #20165
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNGIRL1 View Post
Lookin good buttersjeep90. Has any one bought a tie rod end "kit" , emphasis on H.D. for a 98 ZJ with a 5.2L. I can find em for the 6 cyl. but not the eight and apparently there is a diff. If so from where? Really want one that is built well and not stock. I've been searching this forum high and low. Quadratrac only has for the 4.0L 93-98 models.
Thanks guys.
I think the kits for the 4.0 just upgrade them to the heavier duty stuff that's stock already on the V8s. There are aftermarket beefed-up and redesigned steering kits out there, but they're not cheap.
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #20166
MTNGIRL1
1998 ZJ 

That's what my research and check book thinks too. Just ckeckin.
MTNGIRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #20167
ZJOFFROAD93
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post

A person from Clayton having ZJ coolant issues... I saw something about that on FB yesterday. I'm gonna take a guess and say you're friends with the kid with the big chopped blue/tan XJ, right?
That would be me
ZJOFFROAD93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #20168
buttersjeep90
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNGIRL1 View Post
Thanks guys.
thanks man, shes got a few things that need fixing, like oil pan gasket just started leaking i noticed a few drops of oil on the ground yesterday and i need to figure out a tapping noise. i've been told it could be so many things, you only hear the noise until operating temp then it goes away, it doesnt get louder with acceleration so i dont thinks its internal. it started happaning after i replaced the cat, muffler, and tailpipe. i did my exhaust/intake gasket a week ago and i inspected the exhaust manifold for cracks since they happen on the 4.0 exhaust manifolds. anyways besides that i have no lose in power and she drives nice. but i do have a little bit of rough ide so im gonna do a tune up in a week when i do my oil pan gaskset, doing that gasket will let me see if that noise is in the lower part of the motor. i hope not but if so, *@&# happens and i'll run the motor til it dies then repace motor. oh and a stock zj with select track 4wheel can do some pretty amazing things.
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #20169
Afdude88
1993 ZJ 

That they can.....my zj with 4 bald tires pulled a ups truck out of a ditch a couple weeks ago!!

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4
Afdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #20170
buttersjeep90
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afdude88 View Post
That they can.....my zj with 4 bald tires pulled a ups truck out of a ditch a couple weeks ago!!

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4
nice, i bought one of these, seeing as i've used my AAA for a buddy of mine who got stuck. now i want to see if i can use this.
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #20171
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Took her out wheeling on a local string of service roads and power line trails with one friend in a stock jk with a winch and one friend in a tj on four inches and thirty threes. Over all a great day! Im lovin the new mud terrains it gives me much more confidence. We did a few creek crossings, a few mud puddles, some light rocks, and gravel road driving. All light stuff. Only stuck was the tj took a grassy puddle at the wrong angle and I anchored my zj off the back of the jk and we winched him out easy peasy lemon squeasy. Found a bunch of old flipped cars with trees growing through them too.
On the way home I got my fourth speeding ticket so I might have a suspended liscence for a bit. Give me an excuse to tear down the interior and strip the carpet and fix my seats etc...
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #20172
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersjeep90 View Post
nice, i bought one of these, seeing as i've used my AAA for a buddy of mine who got stuck. now i want to see if i can use this.
Get a strap with loops on the ends, not hooks. A strap with hooks can be deadly if it brakes. The hook has enough momentum behind it in that situation that it can go right through a windshield or kill you.
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #20173
buttersjeep90
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Get a strap with loops on the ends, not hooks. A strap with hooks can be deadly if it brakes. The hook has enough momentum behind it in that situation that it can go right through a windshield or kill you.
I figured that as much but i'm in rhode island and this is all i could find. i don't like buying online. i've had my credit card info stolen and had to take my bank to court in order to fix it. but i do agree with the strap kind. i still am gonna keep this in the jeep incase i need it.
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #20174
B93
1998 ZJ 

This didn't happen today, but recently:

I decided to take the ZJ out to have fun in the snow. Ended up having a ton of fun and I was really amazed at the amount of snow these things can power through... Although there was one point I had to keep the pedal down and the engine at 4500 rpm to keep going. Then I found out that I had wandered on to a snowmobile trail (there were absolutely no signs for it), so I got a "talking to" from a snowmobiler (some guy yelling in his helmet, only words I could make out were "F***, snowmobile, s***"). Turned around after that because a Jeep isn't a snowmobile and I don't want to **** up their trail. Once again, I'm amazed I didn't get stuck because I have worn all season tires, had to come to a complete stop in a foot or more of snow, then turn around and drive uphill.

Needless to say, that was quite an adventure but I learned not to doubt a ZJ. And I guess I shouldn't wander down random trails in the woods.
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #20175
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I froze today while power washing it in 20 degree weather. I had to get the mud off it from last weekend's Sierra recovery. I don't think it was smart to do it when it's that cold, but it's somewhat clean now. At least there won't be chunks of mud flopping down onto my driveway.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.