Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#2,621 ·
did the same thing but used 2.4 stratus injectors free as well works great with the 5spd heres a few pics to show the difference. I do not think neon injectors will work they are shorter then the 2.4 stratus ones i compared them at the junkyard.

I have seen a few people talk of changing the injectors. Can you describe the process of selecting injectors, why you chose what you did and how difficult the install is?

Also, the 9er I just got had bad gas... A friend said that the reason it is not firing right away is that the injectors may be plugged. it does run great after it starts. Any thoughts on that?

#2,622 ·
i also did alot of research on the injectors the 2.4 stratus and cirrus injectors are a direct swap just have to get 2 off another motor since the 2.4 is only a 4cyl its a simple as removing the fuel rail and pulling the old injectors out and putting the new one in its a very simple swap. I notice i have alittle bit more power when in second gear my jeep seemed to bog before now it runs great.

#2,624 ·
Goodyear wrangler authority is the most agressive 50k tire I have seen. And pretty affordable too.
Affordable? Maybe they're different price in yours, but my wally world is $210 per tire for 265/75/16's. I got 4 guard dogs in the same size shipped for less than half of that (per tire). Plus everyone's saying you should get 30-40k out of treadwrights anyway, I'll take the guard dogs :tea:

#2,628 ·
Installed my custom Winch bracket. finally finished it yesterday, was gonna get the weld on clevis mounts but I have had good results with the weld on D-rings from work. pulled some heavy stuff with them and I welded them well. this thing is way stronger than my old one.

Attachments

#2,639 ·
Drove the 93 about 300 miles today seen my first ZJ lifted around other then mine it was on MD rt 40 and 279 ne1 from here

#2,640 ·
Went to locate an area where you can find Quartz crystals, drove 15 miles on a FS road to find out the trail/road that I needed to go down to my "treasure spot" was closed and gated. Turned around, traversed the pothole filled dirt freeway BACK the 15 miles to civilization in the dark, got back on the pavement, drove thru an Arbys, ordered $26 of fast food, then pigged out.