What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1319 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #19771
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Vacuamed the inside real well. It's funny, I only ever have time to clean either the outside or the inside, but never really time for both...

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #19772
jroth87

Last week: Finished installing Black Diamond Shocks, took into the shop for a much needed coolant flush and then went out testing my new shocks. Black Diamond shocks are a great price for a great ride. feels much better and my wallet feels soo good. I got my ZJ used with 179,000 and have been nursing it back to health. he's starting to run like a champ now
jroth87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #19773
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Me and my buddy's went to an empty parking lot after school. Lets just say the zj with 249 does some pretty d*** good donuts and drifting.
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #19774
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Have any of you completely straight piped a 4.0? Like cat delete and everything? I'm thinking of doing it just curious as to what it sounds like...
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #19775
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

My buddy did on his old'91 xj. It was a little too loud for my liking though
Here's a link for an old WOT drive by vid of it

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #19776
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS
Have any of you completely straight piped a 4.0? Like cat delete and everything? I'm thinking of doing it just curious as to what it sounds like...
I feel like it would sound and run like *****. No back pressure. Would throw code because the 02 is not getting exhaust that has gone throw the cat. I'm not a big fan of the way mine sounds with a glad pack. But I'm not changin it

Edit. I'm not changin it unless I just dump the glass pack and go no muffler.
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #19777
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I added my first major performance mod this afternoon after work. $7.95 for two stickers. They each add 5.29 hp, so I'm right at 1 1/3 hp/$. A worthwhile investment!

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #19778
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I feel like it would sound and run like *****. No back pressure. Would throw code because the 02 is not getting exhaust that has gone throw the cat. I'm not a big fan of the way mine sounds with a glad pack. But I'm not changin it

Edit. I'm not changin it unless I just dump the glass pack and go no muffler.
It'll sound bad and it'll throw a CEL for no cat. However, it'll run just fine. If one more ******* person talks about engines needing backpressure to run right, I'm gonna snap. Less backpressure is always better. However, if the flow velocity gets too low, you'll lose low end torque. Hence the need to select the correct pipe size, etc. Removing the cat and muffler and running straight pipe will reduce backpressure, but will maintain or possibly increase flow velocity, so no power will be lost.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #19779
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post

It'll sound bad and it'll throw a CEL for no cat. However, it'll run just fine. If one more ******* person talks about engines needing backpressure to run right, I'm gonna snap. Less backpressure is always better. However, if the flow velocity gets too low, you'll lose low end torque. Hence the need to select the correct pipe size, etc. Removing the cat and muffler and running straight pipe will reduce backpressure, but will maintain or possibly increase flow velocity, so no power will be lost.
Very helpful. Thank you sir. I think I'm going to do it.
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #19780
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Working to install the steering wheel mounted controls for the radio.....a bit of a ***** but I want them.....
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #19781
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Put the first coat on my 8.8, and I made a brace for the truss so the axle tubes don't spin. Even though I welded the tubes, this is just extra insurance.
2013-02-04-19.15.38.jpg   2013-02-04-19.16.08.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #19782
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Installed a factory infinity gold amp. Yay now my music sounds more metally.

Also swapped in a new window master switch.... Windows still don't work, so next is to tear into the wiring with vigor lol
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #19783
kartmaster
1996 ZJ 

Fixed the rear window wiper motor. The electrical contacts weren't connecting with the gear so the wiper would go all the way left and stick. Re-bent the pins and re-greased everything while it was apart and works like new! Now I have a reason to get a new wiper blade.

Also put a new lock solenoid in the liftgate while I was back there. The old one only worked 1 out of 3 times. Hehe.
kartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #19784
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Check out my YouTube channel, MrHyperlyte. There's a video of my 4.9 with an empty cat, thrush muffler, and downturn pipe. FYI, sounds like **** if it dumps under the truck... I currently have the exhaust removed pending re-work. In my video you can hear how the empty cat causes a rice burner revurb... Not ideal... My state has inspections so I have to have the cat, and I have a Jet chip in it normally. So during inspection I take it out and it runs very lean. Otherwise it would fail every time.

Here's a link to it:

I have not gotten a MIL with the empty cat, but the O2 sensor is still installed. The lower back pressure helps her run cooler I have found, but am waiting until I explode the welded thrush muffler from fuel fume backup while descending hills.
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #19785
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Speaker controls on steering wheel now

Don't know if they work
Will find out tomorrow

Who needs some Vic cubbies
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.