What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 131 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #1951
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
ne-xj I really like those flairs on your zj! do you just have a short arm lift!
6'' lift on drop brackets and adjustable short arms. reinforced rear upper frame mounts.

Unread 04-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #1952
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
ne-xj I really like those flairs on your zj! do you just have a short arm lift!
i do to and found a good deal on a set 250$ brandnew and i was gonna jump on it but i fear i have already cut too much front fender out

on topic:
drove it to drop my Taxes off (wishing my steering would hurry up in ship) reached out the window & put my hand over the snorkel while driving about 35 and it shut the jeep off so i guess it works also contemplated what my next mod will be while waiting on the IRO steering
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #1953
mattcco
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-XJ View Post
stretched it out for the first time

Is that a short arm? thats a lot of flex if it is..
mattcco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #1954
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

it is short arms with drop brackets. There would be more flex but the right rear shock was fully compressed. next on the list is proper bump stops
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #1955
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

niner looks sexy man whats that hanging down? is that a skid?

as for me, drove out to IRO, picked up shocks for all 4 corners, sway bar links, complete 2.5" exhaust with hi-flow cat and some more stuff.

now just need to find time to put it all in haha
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #1956
twilson9271
1996 ZJ 

Help!

alright guys i am new to this forum and could really use some help. i have a '96 ZJ limited in the past three weeks or so i have got a major grinding noise coming from my front left tire. its sort of intermittent it does whenever, doesnt matter if im givin it gas or braking or turning. i thought it was worn down pads and so i replaced the pads and rotor (done brake jobs in the past no sweat). figured that was the problem but i was wrong im still gettin the grinding noise, i have a feeling its my wheel bearings but i dont really know for sure. i am no mechanic here but i can hold my own when it comes to simpler work on my jeep. any ideas what it could be and how much should i be lookin to spend on fixin whatever it might be???
twilson9271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #1957
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
niner looks sexy man whats that hanging down? is that a skid?

as for me, drove out to IRO, picked up shocks for all 4 corners, sway bar links, complete 2.5" exhaust with hi-flow cat and some more stuff.

now just need to find time to put it all in haha
its the factory tcase skid.. Had to cut the frame side bolt off last year and never put it back on.. over time it's been caught up on things.. I get asked about it everywhere.. I have a nice welder, grinders, steel, etc etc and i just keep procrastinating

Headed to moab in less then 24 hours
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #1958
StidgeInTN
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilson9271
alright guys i am new to this forum and could really use some help. i have a '96 ZJ limited in the past three weeks or so i have got a major grinding noise coming from my front left tire. its sort of intermittent it does whenever, doesnt matter if im givin it gas or braking or turning. i thought it was worn down pads and so i replaced the pads and rotor (done brake jobs in the past no sweat). figured that was the problem but i was wrong im still gettin the grinding noise, i have a feeling its my wheel bearings but i dont really know for sure. i am no mechanic here but i can hold my own when it comes to simpler work on my jeep. any ideas what it could be and how much should i be lookin to spend on fixin whatever it might be???
Twilson,
I'm not the thread police, but this thread is for when you've fixed that grinding noise. You can do a shearch in the zj forum section or start a thread in there to get help.

On topic: crawled under mine and pushed and pulled on all steering and front end pieces trying to figure out new noises and looked at my ever worsening tranny leak. Really need to make some time tonite to replace that NSS.
StidgeInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #1959
Bwhite92
1994 ZJ 

Blew the 4.0 last month, after letting it sit for about 2 and 1/2 weeks... I finally had the new 4.0L engine,new 5 speed standard tranny, and xfer case to put in. Over the past week I have been putting it in and hooking everything up. Yesterday I got her to fire up. Just the belt, and bleeding the clutch left and I'm done.

Pictures soon I hope!
Bwhite92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #1960
twilson9271
1996 ZJ 

my bad stidge

on topic then:
replaced pads and rotors on front corners
next job:
fix that damn wheel bearing
twilson9271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #1961
niles6284
2001 WJ 

Fixed my rear hatch, went outside to replace the turn signal bulb then realized I actually had to have the hatch functional before I could replace it :P So tackled that Issue yay my hatch works again!!!
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #1962
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Replaced all the speakers with Boston Acoustic components... I could've used anything to upgrade the crappy stock speakers but I've always had Bostons in every car I've owned & I love them. Also replaced the front corner lights with a set of clear ones I snagged off a Limited at the junkyard earlier. These are brand new! I'm shocked nobody grabbed them, every ZJ at the yard near me is pretty much picked over. I think they look pretty damn good
imag0130.jpg  
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #1963
cleanslate
1996 ZJ 

Gave mine a tune up for the first time in probably about 150K miles. Once I got the plugs out I was absolutely amazed thet it still started and ran every single day!
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #1964
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Look what fed ex brought me today! I know what I am doing tomarrow. Not pictured is my otk steering but it showed up to!
image-199947083.jpg  
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #1965
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

Replaced my pass side Outer TRE
Replaced Serp Belt
Front diff service (i think the front gears are nicely broken in!)
topped all fluids
Replaced air filter
Greased all Zirks
Tightened all suspension bolts
Took it in for a second alignment this week
Installed Shackles on the front bumper, and Warn receiver shackle
Fixed tranny line leak
adjusted my Staun tire defoliators

Packing it full of gear for a week of camping!

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.