Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#25,901 ·
Why did you take a picture of a field? Lol
Because it's more descriptive than typing. Went off the road and went shooting. And he gets to show off his new hood sticker, which ties in nicely.

#25,905 ·
I decided on my final plan. I'm gonna put a new door panel in, have a new catback exhaust put together and installed, and finish the front end work. If that fixes everything I'll keep it. If not, I'm gonna sell her. If it seems to fix things, but any stalling or muffler issues return within the next year or two, I'm selling it and buying something that works. 99% likelihood that thing won't be a Jeep.

If it comes to selling Cheyenne, I'll eventually come back to ZJs, but it's gonna be a good long while.

#25,906 ·
Did my 242 swap on Saturday. Everything went great and only took about 2 hours from start to finish. Bad news is I *may* have gotten a bad case, but I think its more of a linkage problem, as I only used the shifter base from the donor vehicle.

I get a grinding/rattling sound, even when driving in 2WD, my only concern is that the noise continued even when disconnecting the linkage, but I may not have the shifter tab all the way in the correct position as well.

I picked up 242 linkage from the junkyard yesterday, so I'll toss that in real quick tonight after work. The good news is the driveshaft from the donor vehicle was a perfect fit.

#25,907 ·
Blam. New wheels

Attachments

#25,908 ·
I went to pull a part to snag a gas tank skid plate but of course they had the jeep sitting where I couldn't get it without a jack so I will go get it Sunday. I did grab the front skidplate, 3 doors worth of weatherstriping, both Apiller trim pieces, random electrical connectors, and a 2wd cubby piece. If any one need the 2wd peice shoot me a email. tokool52002atyahoodotcom wanting 20 shipped

#25,909 ·
Well like an idiot I sold my 95 ZJ last spring for fuel economy. Well now I don't have to travel and gonna go look at another ZJ. Found a decent looking 98 with a 5.9 and a 2" lift. Stupid me decided a Subaru would be better. A little cheaper on gas but costs a fortune to maintain the damn thing.

#25,913 ·
Took out interior panels. Replaced every ****ing clip with new ones. Not a single squeak when I hit bumps now except from whatever I have in my cup holders. Glad I bought these by the 50 pieces qty.

So happy.

Also installed new Hella horns and picked up more busy work to do. Cleaned the windows and discovered my D44a outer seal is leaking.

Need more money.

#25,914 ·
Josef86 said:
Took out interior panels. Replaced every ****ing clip with new ones. Not a single squeak when I hit bumps now except from whatever I have in my cup holders. Glad I bought these by the 50 pieces qty. So happy. Also installed new Hella horns and picked up more busy work to do. Cleaned the windows and discovered my D44a outer seal is leaking. Need more money.
A drill and some screws work much better IMO.
:2thumbsup:

#25,916 ·
A drill and some screws work much better IMO.
:2thumbsup:
I second this, I bought new clips (maybe 3) for some absurd price. These promptly broke, and I said to hell with it and busted out the drill. Viola.

Today I picked up a new blend door motor from a local salvage yard, I'm trying to get my Jeep ready for a 600 mile round trip to Iowa and back to pick up a motorcycle, in a U-Haul. Blend door isn't really a necessity, but its a convenience.

Next on the list, remove the old brakes, use the lifetime warranty and replace all the brakes on the Jeep.

Per suggestion, possibly replacing the auxiliary transmission cooler with one from a Ram 1500.

#25,917 ·
Last night i got the hp30 all buttoned up. The battery was dead from sitting, so i jumped it, and took it around the block a few times, and have to say that I am a happy man. The only things left to do now are buy a tire and fix the rocker. And of course fix the TC input seal that I've been meaning to fix for like 6 months. I'll get to it eventually.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light