Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#25,861 ·
Finally got off my butt and put in the sound bar that I removed two years ago because the speakers were blown. I lost the plastic center fastener so I had to fab one out of a plastic all anchor. Ghetto style. Sounds good. 6.5" polks fit in there without widening the holes. The screens didn't fit though.

#25,863 ·
Priced out everything I'd need to rebuild the Jeep how I'd like. $20,000. I don't have $20,000 nor do I really want to spend that much on a 16 year old Jeep. At the same time, I feel like, if I don't go through everything with a fine-tooth comb like that, I won't be happy with it.

So now I have to ask myself: Is it time to give up the ghost and sell it? If I did, I could probably afford to buy that motorcycle and not have to worry about reliability for awhile. But it's kind of heartbreaking to contemplate. I mean, she's my baby, can I really just get rid of her?

I don't know, guys. I don't know.

#25,864 ·
I've gone through that dilemma with my car a couple of times. How long have you owned your ZJ? My car ended up staying both times I thought about selling it because of two reasons. my grandmother gave me the car after My grandfather died; it was his car. I've also owned the car for 9 years and have a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and money into it which I'll never get back.

#25,865 ·
Went to the stealership and ordered a new ignition cylinder to replace the one the PO broke.

Then I'll finally have one key for the whole jeep, and the ignition wont fall out.

Started tearing down the acura, it's not worth the money to rebuild so it's going away.

#25,866 ·
Drained my catch can and I'm surprised only a teaspoon worth came out. Figured it would've been a lot more.

#25,868 ·
It's not bad. I generally don't go for 4wd in the snow until it gets pretty bad. I've done 6 inches on A/Ts in 2wd with no issues.
Same here. I usually keep the 4wd for the really deep or slushy stuff.

Today I cleaned the windows, inside and out. Put on my ET/JF decal, then applied Rain X to the outside glass.
Still trying to decide where to put my large black Thundercats logo decal though.

#25,869 ·
Got the stock Mopar T stat today since the 180* is too cold for winter times. Spidertrax 1.25" spacers are on the way, OME 2.5" HD coils put in some "like new" 789 injectors, just put in a new Kenwood head unit and partially installed the sirrius/xm. I need to finish running the antennae wire to the rear and out the hatch. I almost have this thing perfect.
The irony is that we may be taking a job out of the country indefinitely so I may be selling it which kind of bums me out. At this point it's a 50/50 coin toss with the call on tails. I'll know in a few weeks. I was about to get an SCT tuner from Flyin' Ryan until I heard. Now everything is on hold.

#25,870 ·
If you have good tires and aren't too heavy in the foot it should be fine. They are overall pretty well distributed for weight.

I've got a heavy foot so I end up putting the back out on the niner in 2wd when it rains. Always comes back when I want it to though.

#25,874 ·
Drove it to the store this evening with the headlights, the e-fan, and the defroster going.
Man, I need to hurry up and get a 136A(or larger) alternator....
Before I totally melt this 90A unit it came with....:rofl:

#25,876 ·
Picked these bad boys up this morning for $175. They're basically brand new. I guess they were mounted, didn't fit, so they took them off and they've been sitting for a little while, which makes sense cause they're discontinued, and covered in dust. Other than a couple gouges on the back side of 1 rim, and some other very minor scratches on the outside lips of all of them from the tire mounting machine, these things are ****ing mint. They came with brand new lugs, too.

Attachments