Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#25,582 ·
That's about how mine looked, and it felt pretty tight as well and I called it good... I havnt had time to swap cases, and I'm still waiting on a new oil slinger from 4 wheel parts so I don't know for sure if its good to go yet but she sounds like she's good to go after now that she's back together.

#25,586 ·
#25,589 ·
That's about how mine looked, and it felt pretty tight as well and I called it good... I havnt had time to swap cases, and I'm still waiting on a new oil slinger from 4 wheel parts so I don't know for sure if its good to go yet but she sounds like she's good to go after now that she's back together.
I've heard the oil slinger isn't necisary, but i guess i should probably go ahead and order one so that i'm not regretting it later. How much was your replacement? I'm on my phone so i can't check.

That's exactly what mine looked like. You'll be fine. Mine works flawlessly!
Sweet! It seamed a lot tighter then my 249 so i figured it was good. I got a good case i think, even the magnet was almost spotless!

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

#25,591 ·
I've heard the oil slinger isn't necisary, but i guess i should probably go ahead and order one so that i'm not regretting it later. How much was your replacement? I'm on my phone so i can't check.

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app
I've heard that as well, however I didn't wanna regeret it later either so I scoped it out online and found it at 4wheel parts for $3.99 so I figured for that price why not just get a new one.

#25,596 ·
Removed the adjustable transfer case linkage shaft from the Jeep to work on freeing the rusty *** adjuster and finally got it to break free after working on it for 30-45 minutes. Then I reinstalled it and was able to adjust it to the proper the length so now the 231 shifts into all gear selections properly. :)

Also swapped the plugs behind the VIC earlier today before dealing with the seized up adjuster on the linkage.

Then took her out to test all gear selections offroad and she worked like a champ. Did a small celebratory donut before heading home.