What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1277 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #19141
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn96ZJ

I roll with the windows down cuz my ac is shotty and makes it run hot. But I think im going doorless this summer!
If I didn't have a 3 year old I'd be alright. I'm used to not having ac in my vehicles lol. And I'll be looking into a set of tube doors for mine this summer too

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #19142
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post

If I didn't have a 3 year old I'd be alright. I'm used to not having ac in my vehicles lol. And I'll be looking into a set of tube doors for mine this summer too
There is a set that someone made in the vendor section here. They look pretty sweet if you don't wanna build them yourself
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #19143
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

I built a tube winch bumper for my buddy's '82 Toyota but it was ugly as sin lol. I'm definitely looking into buying a set that would be more aesthetically pleasing than anything I could put together. I'll have to look into them when I get off work and off my phone
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #19144
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Junkyard
You did junkyard to your zj?
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #19145
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

You did junkyard to your zj?
Oh hell I hope he didn't D:
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #19146
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
Oh hell I hope he didn't D:
Yea, to hell with it. I donated it to Obama's welfare campaign

I was telling nick to go to a JY to get that part instead of paying full price. I would try it that way first.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #19147
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Yea, to hell with it. I donated it to Obama's welfare campaign

I was telling nick to go to a JY to get that part instead of paying full price. I would try it that way first.
I figured that's what you ment. What zjs came with no Ac pump?
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #19148
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I figured that's what you ment. What zjs came with no Ac pump?
None of them. A/C was standard if I recall. If it wasn't, it was only excluded on 5-speed 1993 SEs. The picture without the compressor is of a V8 ZJ with the compressor removed by the owner, likely because they don't deem A/C necessary in the climate zone they live in.

I, however, will be keeping my A/C no matter what it costs me, because in summer the temperature is too damn high.

On topic, I did nothing to my Jeep today. Too damn cold. I'm still trying to find a V8 parts Jeep. I've put a want ad on craigslist, but I don't expect any hits.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #19149
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

I've seen them pop up around here from time to time. I'll keep an eye out for one if you want
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #19150
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

All ZJs came with A/C, even a 93 base model with steelies, no cladding, manual windows/locks/mirrors and a 5 speed.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #19151
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
All ZJs came with A/C, even a 93 base model with steelies, no cladding, manual windows/locks/mirrors and a 5 speed.
That's the perfect zj. Lol. I want it. Haha
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #19152
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
I've seen them pop up around here from time to time. I'll keep an eye out for one if you want
Where in Texas are you? If you're not too terribly far from D/FW, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, thanks anyway. I don't really want to make a road trip for a parts Jeep. (Unless that sucker runs and is under $500 lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Well there you go. A/C standard, even on the SE.

By the by, comptiger, I don't suppose that spare niner chassis you've got has the remnants of a 5.2 somewhere in it? lol

Unread 01-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #19153
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
Where in Texas are you? If you're not too terribly far from D/FW, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, thanks anyway. I don't really want to make a road trip for a parts Jeep. (Unless that sucker runs and is under $500 lol)
I'm in Texarkana. About 3 hours up I-30 towards Arkansas from you
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #19154
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
By the by, comptiger, I don't suppose that spare niner chassis you've got has the remnants of a 5.2 somewhere in it? lol
It's still got a 5.9 / 46RE in it. Engine might need a rebuild though (maybe just heads checked out and new head gaskets), I think the PO overheated it badly (died on him while mudding). Came to me with a dead starter (mud ingestion) and shot radiator (almost no coolant in it) and it was 2 quarts low on oil. Oh, and it probably sucked some mud through the disconnected crankcase breather and crappy cone filter that were on it. It does turn by hand though, but I haven't swapped the starter to see how it runs.

It's got 181k on it. From what the PO indicated, the trans is fine, but I haven't seen it run / drive, so I don't know for sure.

If you wanted a project, I'd say rebuild the 5.9, beef it up a little, rebuild the D44a and swap the drivetrain into your ZJ.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #19155
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
It's still got a 5.9 / 46RE in it. Engine might need a rebuild though (maybe just heads checked out and new head gaskets), I think the PO overheated it badly (died on him while mudding). Came to me with a dead starter (mud ingestion) and shot radiator (almost no coolant in it) and it was 2 quarts low on oil. Oh, and it probably sucked some mud through the disconnected crankcase breather and crappy cone filter that were on it. It does turn by hand though, but I haven't swapped the starter to see how it runs.

It's got 181k on it. From what the PO indicated, the trans is fine, but I haven't seen it run / drive, so I don't know for sure.

If you wanted a project, I'd say rebuild the 5.9, beef it up a little, rebuild the D44a and swap the drivetrain into your ZJ.
That is an attractive idea... But finding parts for a 5.9 is more difficult than I'd initially imagined. Turns out they're all either blown or installed, local to me. Also 93 octane.

That said, the biggest problem for the thought of taking your parts niner is getting it to me lol. You're practically on the other side of the country.

Related note: How do people overheat their engines? Do they not pay attention to their temperature gauges? I've never had it happen to me and I used to drive a GMC truck with a huge hole in the radiator and a concurrent leak from the heater core.

EDIT: txbass06, if you see a running V8 ZJ around or under a grand, let me know. I'd totally appreciate it.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.