What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1277 - JeepForum.com

 100Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #19141 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
txbass06
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texarkana
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn96ZJ

I roll with the windows down cuz my ac is shotty and makes it run hot. But I think im going doorless this summer!
If I didn't have a 3 year old I'd be alright. I'm used to not having ac in my vehicles lol. And I'll be looking into a set of tube doors for mine this summer too

txbass06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19142 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
jeepgoonie
Registered User
2008 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hawthorne
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post

If I didn't have a 3 year old I'd be alright. I'm used to not having ac in my vehicles lol. And I'll be looking into a set of tube doors for mine this summer too
There is a set that someone made in the vendor section here. They look pretty sweet if you don't wanna build them yourself

Just Empty Every Pocket
jeepgoonie is offline  
post #19143 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
txbass06
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texarkana
Posts: 602
I built a tube winch bumper for my buddy's '82 Toyota but it was ugly as sin lol. I'm definitely looking into buying a set that would be more aesthetically pleasing than anything I could put together. I'll have to look into them when I get off work and off my phone
txbass06 is offline  
post #19144 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Junkyard
You did junkyard to your zj?

96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline  
post #19145 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Concolour
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

You did junkyard to your zj?
Oh hell I hope he didn't D:
Concolour is offline  
post #19146 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
Oh hell I hope he didn't D:
Yea, to hell with it. I donated it to Obama's welfare campaign


I was telling nick to go to a JY to get that part instead of paying full price. I would try it that way first.
PolkaPower is offline  
post #19147 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Yea, to hell with it. I donated it to Obama's welfare campaign

I was telling nick to go to a JY to get that part instead of paying full price. I would try it that way first.
I figured that's what you ment. What zjs came with no Ac pump?

96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline  
post #19148 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I figured that's what you ment. What zjs came with no Ac pump?
None of them. A/C was standard if I recall. If it wasn't, it was only excluded on 5-speed 1993 SEs. The picture without the compressor is of a V8 ZJ with the compressor removed by the owner, likely because they don't deem A/C necessary in the climate zone they live in.

I, however, will be keeping my A/C no matter what it costs me, because in summer the temperature is too damn high.

On topic, I did nothing to my Jeep today. Too damn cold. I'm still trying to find a V8 parts Jeep. I've put a want ad on craigslist, but I don't expect any hits.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #19149 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
txbass06
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texarkana
Posts: 602
I've seen them pop up around here from time to time. I'll keep an eye out for one if you want
txbass06 is offline  
post #19150 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,556
All ZJs came with A/C, even a 93 base model with steelies, no cladding, manual windows/locks/mirrors and a 5 speed.
comptiger5000 is offline  
post #19151 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
All ZJs came with A/C, even a 93 base model with steelies, no cladding, manual windows/locks/mirrors and a 5 speed.
That's the perfect zj. Lol. I want it. Haha

96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline  
post #19152 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 08:27 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
I've seen them pop up around here from time to time. I'll keep an eye out for one if you want
Where in Texas are you? If you're not too terribly far from D/FW, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, thanks anyway. I don't really want to make a road trip for a parts Jeep. (Unless that sucker runs and is under $500 lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
All ZJs came with A/C, even a 93 base model with steelies, no cladding, manual windows/locks/mirrors and a 5 speed.
Well there you go. A/C standard, even on the SE.

By the by, comptiger, I don't suppose that spare niner chassis you've got has the remnants of a 5.2 somewhere in it? lol

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #19153 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
txbass06
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texarkana
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
Where in Texas are you? If you're not too terribly far from D/FW, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, thanks anyway. I don't really want to make a road trip for a parts Jeep. (Unless that sucker runs and is under $500 lol)
I'm in Texarkana. About 3 hours up I-30 towards Arkansas from you
txbass06 is offline  
post #19154 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
By the by, comptiger, I don't suppose that spare niner chassis you've got has the remnants of a 5.2 somewhere in it? lol
It's still got a 5.9 / 46RE in it. Engine might need a rebuild though (maybe just heads checked out and new head gaskets), I think the PO overheated it badly (died on him while mudding). Came to me with a dead starter (mud ingestion) and shot radiator (almost no coolant in it) and it was 2 quarts low on oil. Oh, and it probably sucked some mud through the disconnected crankcase breather and crappy cone filter that were on it. It does turn by hand though, but I haven't swapped the starter to see how it runs.

It's got 181k on it. From what the PO indicated, the trans is fine, but I haven't seen it run / drive, so I don't know for sure.

If you wanted a project, I'd say rebuild the 5.9, beef it up a little, rebuild the D44a and swap the drivetrain into your ZJ.
comptiger5000 is offline  
post #19155 of 44846 Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
It's still got a 5.9 / 46RE in it. Engine might need a rebuild though (maybe just heads checked out and new head gaskets), I think the PO overheated it badly (died on him while mudding). Came to me with a dead starter (mud ingestion) and shot radiator (almost no coolant in it) and it was 2 quarts low on oil. Oh, and it probably sucked some mud through the disconnected crankcase breather and crappy cone filter that were on it. It does turn by hand though, but I haven't swapped the starter to see how it runs.

It's got 181k on it. From what the PO indicated, the trans is fine, but I haven't seen it run / drive, so I don't know for sure.

If you wanted a project, I'd say rebuild the 5.9, beef it up a little, rebuild the D44a and swap the drivetrain into your ZJ.
That is an attractive idea... But finding parts for a 5.9 is more difficult than I'd initially imagined. Turns out they're all either blown or installed, local to me. Also 93 octane.

That said, the biggest problem for the thought of taking your parts niner is getting it to me lol. You're practically on the other side of the country.

Related note: How do people overheat their engines? Do they not pay attention to their temperature gauges? I've never had it happen to me and I used to drive a GMC truck with a huge hole in the radiator and a concurrent leak from the heater core.

EDIT: txbass06, if you see a running V8 ZJ around or under a grand, let me know. I'd totally appreciate it.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome