What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1273 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 01-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #19081
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Those are bight

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #19082
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Put my other set of wheels and tires on, gotta go to school tomorrow. Feels like I'm driving a low rider.
2013-01-13-17.18.49.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #19083
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Do you swap speedo gears when you do that? I probably would be swapping them. It's like 3 minutes of work, in the dark, blindfolded, with one hand tied behind your back.

I'm also waiting to see the link for those backup lights. With 3% light transmittance through the back window and 5% through the rear side windows, I need as much light baking up as possible at night.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #19084
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Do you swap speedo gears when you do that? I probably would be swapping them. It's like 3 minutes of work, in the dark, blindfolded, with one hand tied behind your back.

I'm also waiting to see the link for those backup lights. With 3% light transmittance through the back window and 5% through the rear side windows, I need as much light baking up as possible at night.
Would you happen to know what speedo gear is recommended for 265/75/16 and 3:55's?
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #19085
torchd
1998 ZJ 

I SERIOUSLY need to regear my Jeep. My stock 3.55s and 31" tires just are not cutting it anymore.

When I regear, I already talked to Kolak, gonna go with some 4.56s gears

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #19086
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

So I'm looking at zjs on Craig's list. And I think to my self. Am I the only one that hates the tan orvis interior? I'm a big fan of the agate or grey whatever is in the other models. Am I the only one? Lol
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #19087
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
Would you happen to know what speedo gear is recommended for 265/75/16 and 3:55's?
Not off the top of my head but there are plenty of charts available. Your tires calculate to 31.65" in diameter. Check the manufacturer's site for their measurements. They should tell you the diameter because each brand measures sizes slightly differently. Anyway, knowwhere2jeep.com has some of the best deals on speedo gears and has charts available for reference.
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #19088
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

And the 96 Orvis has the best Orvis interior IMHO.
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #19089
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

Not off the top of my head but there are plenty of charts available. Your tires calculate to 31.65" in diameter. Check the manufacturer's site for their measurements. They should tell you the diameter because each brand measures sizes slightly differently. Anyway, knowwhere2jeep.com has some of the best deals on speedo gears and has charts available for reference.
Thank you for the info. I'll check that out
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #19090
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
So I'm looking at zjs on Craig's list. And I think to my self. Am I the only one that hates the tan orvis interior? I'm a big fan of the agate or grey whatever is in the other models. Am I the only one? Lol
I love the Orvis interior, lol.

Quote:
And the 96 Orvis has the best Orvis interior IMHO.
Nope, they screwed up the 96 by putting in the black dash. 97 was better when they went back to tan. But IMO, the 95 Orvis still has the best interior. That color scheme just fits better with the hard-edged older interior:

I still want to buy one at some point
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #19091
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000

I love the Orvis interior, lol.

Nope, they screwed up the 96 by putting in the black dash. 97 was better when they went back to tan. But IMO, the 95 Orvis still has the best interior. That color scheme just fits better with the hard-edged older interior:

I still want to buy one at some point
It's to bright for me. To much goin on in it.
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #19092
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
It's to bright for me. To much goin on in it.
I'm kinda torn on the Orvis thing, TBH. It's hideous, but it's so ugly that I love it anyway.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #19093
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000

I'm kinda torn on the Orvis thing, TBH. It's hideous, but it's so ugly that I love it anyway.
That's what zjs are. There so ugly that you hate them. Until you own one and your like. Woah. I love this I want another. So maybe if I bought an orvis I'd fall in love with it. Haha
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #19094
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
I never swapped them in the first place. I still have to buy one, which I'll probably do once I put them back on for the summer.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #19095
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
I SERIOUSLY need to regear my Jeep. My stock 3.55s and 31" tires just are not cutting it anymore.

When I regear, I already talked to Kolak, gonna go with some 4.56s gears
I'm running 32s on 3.55s. It's no fun. I'm trying to find a parts ZJ to get 3.73s and a V8 from. So far, no luck.
Quote:
Yes. You are the only one. I love the Orvis interior. It's the only tan interior I've ever liked.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.