Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#2,523 ·
Ordered rear wheel bearing, borrowed the tools for replacement (slide hammer and bearing drivers) from my mechanic buddy. He's working tomorrow, otherwise he'd be helping (doing) the work in exchange for beer being in his belly :laugh:

#2,532 ·
well here she is
broken pinion
bought for $10 with a detroit true trac in it:cheers2::cheers2::2thumbsup:
Lucky! Just so you know, that housing is practically useless without the matching bearing caps.

#2,536 ·
I have them, plus it has a busted opinion, so new r&p and gear setup are in order:cheers2:.

Fun fact:
I love beer.
damnnnn man, I never knew a axle housing had an opinion! thats some crazy shiz right there.
:D

I did absolutely nothing to my jeep today. except look at it and wish there was something to do with it...

#2,538 ·
new tires and wheels :D

Looks nice, man. Are those ravines 15x7 or 15x8? Did you need spacers to keep the 31x1050's from rubbin on your suspention components? I am thinkin about refinishing a set of 15x7 factory teardrop wheels and wrapping them with the same km2's you have. Just wondering if they will rub the control arms/tierod ends or if I will have to come up with a different wheel combo.

#2,540 ·
Looks nice, man. Are those ravines 15x7 or 15x8? Did you need spacers to keep the 31x1050's from rubbin on your suspention components? I am thinkin about refinishing a set of 15x7 factory teardrop wheels and wrapping them with the same km2's you have. Just wondering if they will rub the control arms/tierod ends or if I will have to come up with a different wheel combo.
thanks man

they are 15x8 wheels with 5.25" of BS so i bought some 1" wheel spacers off a fellow jfer and put them on. no rubbing at all. without the spacers i would definitly rub on the LCAs.

they dont stick out at all, they line up perfectly with the fenders. i love the look :thumbsup:

more pics in my build thread if you want to see more