What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1254 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #18796
bananaslug
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: upland, ca
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
Came to the conclusion after having my trans **** on me, that before even trying to put a bigger lift in my zj. I'm gonna throw in a 8.8 and hp30 in the spring. So whatever I throw at my zj, it won't strain itself.
Or just get em set up, and throw them in at the same time.

Also, if I were getting my trans rebuilt, Id do a fancy shift kit like this
http://www.cascadetransmissionparts....kit92to98.aspx

bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #18797
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/3469861381.html thinking about buying this for parts. Thoughts?
I wouldn't pay more than $700 or so for it. I paid $600 for my parts niner in about the same condition (non-running, decent body / interior, just needed a ton of mud cleaned off it).
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #18798
AmishFury
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 495
you could always take a look at it... the "engine work" could possibly be something relatively simple and inexpensive

it could be someone like my aunt who bought a new car because her old one wouldn't run then gave the old one to my dad... he went over there, took a look at it, 15 minutes later my sister was driving it home
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #18799
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post
you could always take a look at it... the "engine work" could possibly be something relatively simple and inexpensive

it could be someone like my aunt who bought a new car because her old one wouldn't run then gave the old one to my dad... he went over there, took a look at it, 15 minutes later my sister was driving it home
This is my thinking. Best case scenario, it won't start because some connector is loose. I'd probably be able to find that much out. Worst case, it won't start because it's spun a bearing. I'd probably be able to find that much out as well. But it appears to have other things I'm interested in, such as 3.73 axles, V8 tie rods, spare control arms, et cetera. Plus it says it's in Arlington, so it can't be more than 10 miles from me.

As for the price issue, my ZJ was listed at 2 grand. I bought it for $1200. So I can probably negotiate a good price.
__________________
1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #18800
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep
 
McCloudsZJ's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC

This is my thinking. Best case scenario, it won't start because some connector is loose. I'd probably be able to find that much out. Worst case, it won't start because it's spun a bearing. I'd probably be able to find that much out as well. But it appears to have other things I'm interested in, such as 3.73 axles, V8 tie rods, spare control arms, et cetera. Plus it says it's in Arlington, so it can't be more than 10 miles from me.

As for the price issue, my ZJ was listed at 2 grand. I bought it for $1200. So I can probably negotiate a good price.
I talked the guy down another $600 when my niner wouldn't start. I went to pick it up ready to tow it home. I wiggled the battery terminals, started it, and drove home.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
__________________
March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl Eibach lowering springs
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #18801
rj_osborn
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas Center, Ia
Posts: 22
Changed the lighting on my roof rack to get a little sleeker look. the top one is old, bottom one is what it looks like now
dscf0878.jpg   dscf0976.jpg  
rj_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #18802
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,277
Swapped the bulbs in my pencil beams from 100w to 130w, replaced the dead 100w in one of my other driving lights and checked the fluids after my drive to Rochester yesterday.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #18803
jeepgoonie
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hawthorne, New jersey
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post

Or just get em set up, and throw them in at the same time.

Also, if I were getting my trans rebuilt, Id do a fancy shift kit like this
http://www.cascadetransmissionparts....kit92to98.aspx
Well its my dd and don't have the cash at the moment to do it all at once
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket
jeepgoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #18804
txbass06
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texarkana, Texas
Posts: 601
Guess it's light day for ZJ's lol. Swapped out my fogged up headlights for some new ones from rock auto and I'm in the middle of reworking the Hellas up top



txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #18805
niles6284
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Marion, Ohio
Posts: 325
celebrated to quickly on my motor swap... now I have to redo the head gasket.. but atleast it started and ran awesome now if that oil wasnt so milky maybe I would be happier.
__________________
98 ZJ 4.0 Lifted with stuff
2001 WJ not lifted no stuff
Firefighter/Paramedic
AKA "Beagle"
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #18806
PopperM5
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central, NC
Posts: 107
I just seafoamed my GC, what a differance it made. So much smoother ideal and it may just me, but I think it starts up faster!
PopperM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #18807
jeepgoonie
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hawthorne, New jersey
Posts: 435
Anyone know of a good upgraded torque converter for the 42re. Getting it rebuilt and don't wanna throw a stock one back in there.
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket
jeepgoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #18808
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,337
What did you do to your owner today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizo's ZJ
Tried to kill him a few times with severe death wobble. Damn thing wouldn't die, though. These humans sure are tough to kill!
Stupid Jeep. I need everything related to my steering replaced and adjusted. I can't get over 40 now without it just wobbling. The steering damper is completely blown and covered in oil.
__________________
1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #18809
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
Anyone know of a good upgraded torque converter for the 42re. Getting it rebuilt and don't wanna throw a stock one back in there.
Martin Saine does a lot with these trannies, he's probably got something. I don't have his email handy, but I'm sure a little googling will find it.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #18810
Roskoe
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
Guess it's light day for ZJ's lol. Swapped out my fogged up headlights for some new ones from rock auto and I'm in the middle of reworking the Hellas up top



Looks good , seen a ZJ on A1A with nice 20 in chrome wheels and rubber bands, couldn't get my phone out the pocket to snap a pic quick enough
__________________
"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door latch
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.