What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1234 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #18496
backyardjeeper
1993 ZJ 

Sorry posted before I saw your other post. Not yours. My bad.

..().)..().)---).). 2-speed electric taurus fan. Neon injector upgrade.
backyardjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #18497
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

My radiator rotted out on me last Saturday night.

Got it torn apart and oooh man she's rotten!!!

The fins just crumble like paper ash.
Figured it was time to install my taurus fan from my last zj

Changed the wiring around some

Going to do the swap this evening
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #18498
mackcs212
1994 ZJ 

Fixed broken wires in driver and passenger doors. Now windows work again and all the electric locks.
Replaced rubber seal on t case sensor to stop leak.
Replaced break pads, rotors, parking break hardware.
Rotated tires, and preparing to do upper and lower ball joints this weekend hopefully
And got lots of tools for Xmas
[COLOR="red"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="red"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #653[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

My Jeep Build Thread : [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1994-jeep-grand-cherokee-build-1407302/[/url]
mackcs212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #18499
mackcs212
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackcs212 View Post
fixed broken wires in driver and passenger doors. Now windows work again and all the electric locks.
Replaced rubber seal on t case sensor to stop leak.
Replaced break pads, rotors, parking break hardware.
Rotated tires, and preparing to do upper and lower ball joints this weekend hopefully
and got lots of tools for xmas

forumrunner_20121226_144422.jpg
[COLOR="red"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="red"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #653[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

My Jeep Build Thread : [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1994-jeep-grand-cherokee-build-1407302/[/url]
mackcs212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #18500
bridger04
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000 View Post

Surprised the hell out of me! Never expected a 220vac 170 amp welder. That particular welder is from harbor freight but made by Campbell-Hausfeld which is great compared the the current model they are running (the blue one) which is Chinese. With very slight modification, beefier cooling fan and a larger arc start capacitor it can be the same as a Hobart Handler 187. At less than half the price including mods!

First build will be the rock rails/unibody plating!
Oh hell yeah, sounds fantastic.... you can't go wrong, for the price! One can always upgrade. I was looking at the tig setup they had advertised for like 600$!!! Great for starters
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #18501
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Decided to look in my drivers front wheel well to see if anything was rubbing, because whenever I hit a big bump, I would hear a grinding noise. It sounded like there was air in my shock. Discovered that my coil was rubbing on my tb bracket. I'll have to grind that down when I go in to bumpstop and install a spacer to offset the height difference from putting in the 8.8.

Edit: Now if you will excuse me, I think I'm gonna go play in the snow.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #18502
03overland03
2003 WJ 

pulled my dash apart to inspect the harness. the last time it ran, a small puff of smoke came from the center of the dash at the bottom. not sure if it's from the rigged up cb radio wiring that someone decided to cut out, or if there's another issue.
03overland03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #18503
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I put the drivers seat back in so I could go play in the snow!!! Or at least the freezing rain that looked a little like snow. I have to say, a 5.9 with a totally gutted interior and bald street tires on ice is a lot if fun.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #18504
backyardjeeper
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackcs212
I hate you. Jk.
..().)..().)---).). 2-speed electric taurus fan. Neon injector upgrade.
backyardjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #18505
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Decided to look in my drivers front wheel well to see if anything was rubbing, because whenever I hit a big bump, I would hear a grinding noise. It sounded like there was air in my shock. Discovered that my coil was rubbing on my tb bracket. I'll have to grind that down when I go in to bumpstop and install a spacer to offset the height difference from putting in the 8.8.

Edit: Now if you will excuse me, I think I'm gonna go play in the snow.
Mine does too. Its worse on a right turn through a bump.

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #18506
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

I finally got to drive it through the snow. It is so easy to do controlled donuts in the parking lots. We don't get snow that often in TX so the city doesn't have much equipment for snow removal. They don't salt either which makes my rust free ZJ very happy.

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #18507
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

I just took it out in the 3-4 inches of fresh powder we have on the ground. First Jeep I have ever owned and first snow. Didn't do too bad for radials!!
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #18508
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Well, I had an exciting time driving around in this blizzard.

First of all, I almost hit a ****ing tree lol. Was coming into an empty parking lot, and the road into it makes a 90 degree turn, with a ditch on the outside. So as I was driving in, I start to slide. I hit the brakes, and obviously it does nothing. At this time im like **** **** **** ****. So I'm sliding towards the ditch at <5 mph, and I'm aimed right at a huge ****ing tree. I straighten my wheel so I don't damage anything when I hit the ditch. As soon as I hit the ditch I stop, and thank God I didn't hit the tree. Then I throw it in PT and back right out of it. Nothing like the threat of crashing to get the juices flowing lol.

Second, I'm coming up to an intersection with a gas station, where there is a cop car sitting. I saw him about 20 minutes before in the same spot when I passed by earlier. So its a red light, and I'm about to turn left up a big hill. Well, as I'm approaching the red light, the cop is getting in his car, and when the light turns green, hes right there ready to pull out. So I throw it in PT so I don't look like an ******* drifting around the corner. Needless to say he follows me. Driving up the hill, I just see his headlights get further and further away as I mozie on up the hill. By the time I get to my turn, which is quite a ways from the top of the hill, I see his headlights just coming over the top of it. So obviously he sees me turn. I go about a half mile down the road, through some s-curves, and turn into my road. Then I drive about 200 ft down the road, throw it in park, and turn my lights off to see if he followed me. Needless to say (again), he followed me (again). Just up that road was the High school, which is probably where he thought I went lol. It was funny as hell.
2012-12-26-20.41.10.jpg   2012-12-26-20.41.20.jpg   2012-12-26-20.47.59.jpg   2012-12-26-21.00.18.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #18509
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

practice pulsing the brake when its understeering you should notice it turns when you let off the brake , go to a lot where you wont hit stuff .

watching those bad snow driver vids on you tube 99% of them couldve avoided fails this way
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #18510
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

That's a big ******* tree

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.