What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 122 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #1816
pegriswo

93 ZJ window struts

After a good washing inside and out. I replaced the struts on the back glass. Much easier than the ones on the lift gate. Now everything on the ZJ works with the exception of a rear door lock that doesn't unlock with the rest of them. The interior cleaning was a pain since I had to back out of a mudhole and left the driver's window down. Big mistake! On another note, I went to trade my wife Isuzu Rodeo on a 2003 WJ Limited and upon reading the carfax, we found out that the odometer that said 121,000 had been installed in a Jeep with over 200,000 miles. The dealer was embarassed and pi$$ed at the wholesaler. The wholesaler was pi$$ed at the guy that sold it to him, etc, etc. I talked to a guy that works at the Jeep dealership and he said that the only way to do that was to change out the dash cluster. Oddly enough, the origanal owner had a clean title that stated 121,000. Buyer beware. The bad thing was that the WJ was clean, in good condition and drove great. Back to the ZJ. Time to get muddy again!!

pegriswo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #1817
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologc46 View Post
Stopped in at autozone for oil and a filter. While I was there I had them check the computer to see how old my Duralast battery was. 11 years almost to the day. Decided that was long enough to stretch a battery, so I installed a new Duralast gold, changed my oil, and while the battery was out, replaced the flakey pass front headlight bulb.

I couldn't remember how old my battery was, and could hardly believe it was 11 years. If this one lasts that long, I hope it is in a new jeep by then.

That's darn impressive for a battery. I never had that good of luck with Duralast batteries. Nice!
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #1818
Patriotsfan0613
1993 ZJ 

took my hitch off today.... rusted out and wanted to be safe and replace it for the summer when i take the boat out
Patriotsfan0613 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #1819
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
That's darn impressive for a battery. I never had that good of luck with Duralast batteries. Nice!
I agree. I have replaced batteries at least once in each of my Ranger and our other WJ jeep. I wish I had that good of luck with lotto tickets.

I dont drive my ZJ a lot in the winters, but I have rode a lot of trails every summer and fall. On the trails, I stop often and almost always shut it off. Hell, I have rebuilt the wiring harness in my driver door crotch twice during the life of that battery.
Unread 04-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #1820
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

I broke mine today =( Need to fix it by monday ... sigh...
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #1821
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Xgerstandtx added a hitch to my bumper and we also got my high mounted. I also cut back my tail pipe some so it won't hang so low!
image-1271045324.jpg  
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #1822
RedRock527
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
Xgerstandtx added a hitch to my bumper and we also got my high mounted. I also cut back my tail pipe some so it won't hang so low!
... I still ever time I see that bumper ^!!!

Today I got my skids cleaned up and painted. Tried to start to put them on then got called into work early.
So they will go on tomorrow!
RedRock527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:22 AM   #1823
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Drove it today. For the first time in 300000000 years.

Still need to work out a bunch of little things here and there.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #1824
Thelt
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegriswo View Post
After a good washing inside and out. I replaced the struts on the back glass. Much easier than the ones on the lift gate. Now everything on the ZJ works with the exception of a rear door lock that doesn't unlock with the rest of them. The interior cleaning was a pain since I had to back out of a mudhole and left the driver's window down. Big mistake! On another note, I went to trade my wife Isuzu Rodeo on a 2003 WJ Limited and upon reading the carfax, we found out that the odometer that said 121,000 had been installed in a Jeep with over 200,000 miles. The dealer was embarassed and pi$$ed at the wholesaler. The wholesaler was pi$$ed at the guy that sold it to him, etc, etc. I talked to a guy that works at the Jeep dealership and he said that the only way to do that was to change out the dash cluster. Oddly enough, the origanal owner had a clean title that stated 121,000. Buyer beware. The bad thing was that the WJ was clean, in good condition and drove great. Back to the ZJ. Time to get muddy again!!
You should have made him a lowball offer on it. He may have taken it just to get rid of the problem.

I hate environmentalists, they keep me from enjoying the environment.
Thelt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #1825
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegriswo View Post
I went to trade my wife Isuzu Rodeo on a 2003 WJ Limited and upon reading the carfax, we found out that the odometer that said 121,000 had been installed in a Jeep with over 200,000 miles. The dealer was embarassed and pi$$ed at the wholesaler. The wholesaler was pi$$ed at the guy that sold it to him, etc, etc. I talked to a guy that works at the Jeep dealership and he said that the only way to do that was to change out the dash cluster. Oddly enough, the origanal owner had a clean title that stated 121,000. Buyer beware. The bad thing was that the WJ was clean, in good condition and drove great. Back to the ZJ. Time to get muddy again!!
The mileage being stored in the instrument cluster is correct. If the cluster and the title match (when was the title issued?), then it sounds like the carfax is wrong.

If it's in good shape and drives fine, I would just offer something low. They'll probably accept to get it off their lot.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #1826
jeeper96
1996 ZJ 

Today I replaced 2 door panels that were aging and worn and replaced a blown-out speaker. Beautiful day.
jeeper96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #1827
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Replaced both idler pulleys, & replaced valve cover gasket. Re-painted valve cover & replaced both rubber grommets & PCV elbows. Next thing to figure out is the e-brake issue once again... Replaced shoes, cables & freed up everything then adjusted it all up & it STILL DON'T HOLD!!! I can't figure this thing out for the life of me, wish I knew what it was b/c you almost need 2 hands to pull the handle it's adjusted so tight. Spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get this thing to work.
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #1828
Corrupt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie95Sahara View Post
Replaced both idler pulleys, & replaced valve cover gasket. Re-painted valve cover & replaced both rubber grommets & PCV elbows. Next thing to figure out is the e-brake issue once again... Replaced shoes, cables & freed up everything then adjusted it all up & it STILL DON'T HOLD!!! I can't figure this thing out for the life of me, wish I knew what it was b/c you almost need 2 hands to pull the handle it's adjusted so tight. Spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get this thing to work.
You shouldn't have to have it that tight. You'll break the cable in it, unless it's already broken.

***RIP Ratmonkey!!***
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #1829
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Replaced my d30 spider gears-all i can say is holy crap-pucker factor at every step! (never cracked a diff until last week)
i took a vid of my bad spiders/rollpin and pics of my steps to replace them, if it does click and grenade on me this week i'll do a writeup as having one would have helped my confidence alot with attempting this

replaced tensioner pulley
removed my t-case drop as my lift officially settled out to 4" (so my pinion angles changed) -which is bs b/c i have RC 3.5" springs up front and 1.75" pucks on top of that and isolators still there, you do the math.
so takin the t-case drop off was easier than readjusting all my uppers.
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #1830
fireman070472
1998 ZJ 

I painted my back bumper and repainted my wheels today. I used Rustoleum Hammered Brown.
fireman070472 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.