What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1219 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #18271
amblingaardvark
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Rider View Post
Yeah my mistake was stopping to put it in 4x4
Did you lower your air pressure in the tires?

amblingaardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #18272
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Yeah that will get ya. I like the 249 in the since that I'm in 4hi allready. But the whole vc thing I don't like. Haha. So next summer I'm doing a 242 swap
Just don't expect to use Full Time 4 all the time. Apparently, this can stretch the chain with prolonged use. Still, it's good enough for heavy rain or snow without worrying about grenading the case. Just don't leave it all season.

That said, whenever I go off into anything riskier than dry Texas clay, I put it in 4 Full, just so if I need additional traction, I've got a little to work with while I pop it into 4 Part time or 4Lo.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #18273
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Last time I saw a red Jeep that buried, it got its front axle ripped off.

Shovels are important recovery tools, mmkay? (We've all seen that video right? Of the XJ stuck in the mud that gets its front axle ripped off? Is it just me or did they do everything wrong that they possibly could have in that video?)
Quote:
Everyone that ever goes wheeling shoud watch that. Like required. If you don't have recovery points. GET THEM. Axel is not it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
They did literally everything wrong. They didn't try to dig it out, they strapped onto the axle, they had some idiot in a diesel jerk on it for 10 minutes, they were tugging it sideways in mud up to the body. How the hell stupid can you get?

On another note, my Christmas list has a proper set of tow hooks on it. In the meantime, I carry a shovel when I plan to encounter mud or sand and generally have something to toss under a wheel if I can.
I don't know why everybody keeps saying this, and I don't know how nobody noticed, but he actually wasn't pulling from the axle. You can clearly see this in the video. He has an aftermarket bumper, and its hooked to the passenger side d-ring loop. And its the passenger side of the front axle that ends up under the jeep. If he was pulling from the axle, how would this make sense?

FF to 1:55

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #18274
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

They still should have dug it out first. And not pulled it sideways with a wheel jammed in deep mud.

Unread 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #18275
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Rider View Post
Got her stuck in a sand bar.
Hate to sound patronizing, but I once went wheeling by myself and spent the next three days trying to get my ZJ out of the middle of a swamp. After it got moving, I got stuck again 15 feet later. But since I followed these steps, the second time I got stuck it only took 10 minutes to get out.

Step one, stop spinning your wheels and digging yourself into a hole. Once you're stuck up to the axle, $#!t get's serious. Try reverse. Still stuck?
Step two, lower tire pressure to 10 psi. Before driving on sand, I would do this beforehand. In a desperate situation on non beadlock wheels I've gone down to 6psi.... scary times. See if you can get out. If not, read on...
Step three, get your jack out and get it ready.
Step four, find stuff to put under your jack to keep it from sinking into the sand.
Step five find more stuff to shove under your tires.
Step six, jack up the axles and shove stuff under all your wheels. Not just the one's that are spinning. Once you think you have enough, add more. Ideally, you have the jeep back on level ground.

Or spend $250 on a locker and skip the whole scenario.
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #18276
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost

Hate to sound patronizing, but I once went wheeling by myself and spent the next three days trying to get my ZJ out of the middle of a swamp. After it got moving, I got stuck again 15 feet later. But since I followed these steps, the second time I got stuck it only took 10 minutes to get out.

Step one, stop spinning your wheels and digging yourself into a hole. Once you're stuck up to the axle, $#!t get's serious. Try reverse. Still stuck?
Step two, lower tire pressure to 10 psi. Before driving on sand, I would do this beforehand. In a desperate situation on non beadlock wheels I've gone down to 6psi.... scary times. See if you can get out. If not, read on...
Step three, get your jack out and get it ready.
Step four, find stuff to put under your jack to keep it from sinking into the sand.
Step five find more stuff to shove under your tires.
Step six, jack up the axles and shove stuff under all your wheels. Not just the one's that are spinning. Once you think you have enough, add more. Ideally, you have the jeep back on level ground.

Or spend $250 on a locker and skip the whole scenario.
I really like the locker...but I'm a high school student looking for a Job! Lol
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #18277
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Wet sanded/buffed my hood (pass. side done, driver side isn't) and primed the pumpkin on my 8.8.
2012-12-17-15.21.04.jpg   2012-12-17-13.44.14.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #18278
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

I want it so bad I'm about to start stamping my feet and declaring that my parent's don't love me and that Santa can suck a fat one:

http://www.lemonfree.com/car/Jeep-Gr...GZ88Z8WC247337

The price is a little steep though....
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #18279
kennys3421
1995 ZJ 

Cleaned the IAC valve today

before

forumrunner_20121217_231214.jpg

After

forumrunner_20121217_231239.jpg
kennys3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #18280
backyardjeeper
1993 ZJ 

Installed fogs... Again. Lets hope I don't tear these off.
image-579923639.jpg   image-1554526132.jpg   image-629929151.jpg  
..().)…..().)---).)…….… 2-speed electric taurus fan. Neon injector upgrade.
backyardjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #18281
markcorpus
1998 ZJ 

Removed the gas tank skid plate so I can remove my carrier from the differential.
markcorpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #18282
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Got into an embarrassing situation in a right turn lane behind some broken-down Tahoe. No one would let me get out and around him, so I just popped over the curb and went the other way through an undeveloped lot. So glad I wasn't the Taurus behind me.

In other news, I think I have a bad wheel bearing. Got a noise from the rear end like scraping.

Unread 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #18283
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

After owning solid axle Mopar vehicles for six years, I got death wobble for the first time today. : Tie rod ends just moved up to the top of my **** to get list.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #18284
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Today dad told me that he Dosnt want me beating on my jeep while its my only vehicle. So I'm gonna save for a while and after tax return I'm gonna buy a cheap ranger or s10. I'm still gonna dd my zj. Just if i break it or its down for upgrades ill have something to drive.
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #18285
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Today dad told me that he Dosnt want me beating on my jeep while its my only vehicle. So I'm gonna save for a while and after tax return I'm gonna buy a cheap ranger or s10. I'm still gonna dd my zj. Just if i break it or its down for upgrades ill have something to drive.
why not buy another ZJ you'll already have knowledge and parts

Ot: used a piece of to fix the temp fix the header panel of the 94, cuz I was all out of zipties
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.