What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1212 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #18166
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
Niner ftw. That 44a looks a little leaky!
I know It's on the list, I'm just waiting for some more money to fall from the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Yes or no?
I you like it DO IT!

do you do much night driving/wheelin to need all them lights? I'm about to remove some of mine

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #18167
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
I you like it DO IT!

do you do much night driving/wheelin to need all them lights? I'm about to remove some of mine
I'm considering it, maybe tomorrow if I'm not busy. And Yeah, I was thinking of taking the 2 outside ones off on the bottom, cause they rattle a lot and I like the pattern of the other two more, and now I don't have headlights that completely suck . I'll probably end up getting rid of the light bar completely and maybe getting some factory fog light mounts, and a new bumper cause this one is molested.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #18168
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I'm loving my light setup, which keeps it simple enough (but puts out some serious light):

Headlights: e-codes with 55/100 bulbs (55w low, 100w high)

Fogs (used only in bad weather): pair of 85W amber IPF 840s in stock location

Driving lights (triggered with high beams): pair of 100W IPF 968 driving beam angled out a bit to see around corners and deer off the side of the road, and a pair of 100W Harbor Freight cheapo 100W pencil beams aimed straight ahead (decent, but probably going to be replaced with either Hella Rallye 4000 spots or IPF 900XSS spots come summertime).

The driving lights are mounted to the front bumper on a piece of 90* aluminum (one per side, holds 2 lights) that's just secured to the bumper with half a dozen #14 tap screws (per piece). Holds perfectly, no vibration, etc.

The low beams are kind to other drivers, but have a good beam pattern and throw plenty of light. When I hit the highs, it's pretty much daylight, and smoothly and nicely throws over a 1/4 mile (better spots will go further). It also doesn't dump too much foreground light right in front of the Jeep, which is good, as too much light close in reduces your distance vision.

On topic, I drove it and gave it the weekly tire pressure / fluid level check.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #18169
Wheeler97
1997 ZJ 

Shopped for a new exhaust setup. Man this thing is loud with no muffler or cat on it!! scared the crap outta a few people
Wheeler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #18170
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Jeep can now be a trail only rig.

WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #18171
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Freestyle, I don't think it would look THAT bad, it's just not my style to have stripes and such on a truck. If anybody could pull it off it would be you. Plasti Dip is a good option.

OT: Put 14 gallons in it. Cost me $70...

Went for a little drive and realized how damn much I love my Jeep... Also had a bunch of fun in the snow doing ice burnouts and finding awesome parking spots.

Nice purchase Whiteout! Going to be nice to have a nice clean reliable DD I'm sure!!!
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #18172
syckjeep
1993 ZJ 

im trying to get mine running..... damn jeep
syckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #18173
LonestarZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post
Don't be a smart ***.
I was just trying to help you, niners only came in 3 colors. So either it had been repainted at some point black, or its a niner clone maybe.
Either way, I was just trying to keep you from looking like a DUMB*** .
LonestarZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #18174
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarZJ View Post
I was just trying to help you, niners only came in 3 colors. So either it had been repainted at some point black, or its a niner clone maybe.
Either way, I was just trying to keep you from looking like a DUMB*** .
Or maybe it just looks black because the dark grey color on the niner looks REALLY [Expletive Deleted] BLACK and it's a lot quicker to say "black" than "that really dark slate grey color they did".

Quit being a smartass.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #18175
LonestarZJ
1994 ZJ 

I just based it off the info given, I would hate for someone to pay good money for a niner, that is not correct or not a niner at all, don't see how that made me a smart*** . How was I to know the info was incorrect, maybe he should have posted a pic.
LonestarZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #18176
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

looked out the sunroof and watched the meteor shower
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 04:55 AM   #18177
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarZJ View Post
I just based it off the info given, I would hate for someone to pay good money for a niner, that is not correct or not a niner at all, don't see how that made me a smart*** . How was I to know the info was incorrect, maybe he should have posted a pic.
See post count
<--

See previous Jeeps

|
V

Pretty sure I know things about ZJs and Niners. Anyways, guy is coming to look at my XJ Saturday, and I'm looking at the niner Monday.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #18178
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

There's a simple test to see if it's a real niner. Read the VIN. If it's a real niner, the first part will read 1J4GZ88Z.
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #18179
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
There's a simple test to see if it's a real niner. Read the VIN. If it's a real niner, the first part will read 1J4GZ88Z.
I know.

Anyways here are some pics of the niner:

Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #18180
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

That looks nice and clean!

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.