Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#23,989 ·
Pulled the headliner out to re-do and took a whack at my sunroof. Removed the motor, and the small black box that contains a small circuit board. I re-soldered ALL of the points on the board, and it still did not work. Tomorrow I will connect some 12v to it, to see if it is the motor that is the issue.

#23,990 ·
On this sixteen hundredth page.... I looked up some tires. Might just go with another set of cooper at3's in the 265/75r16 variety
We run the Discount Tire version of that tire, the ATP, in that size in my wife's WJ. We've been really impressed with them so far and they've done excellent in the snow too.

BOT: Finally started tearing into the dash to do the heater core. Got the entire dash out in about 1.5 hours. Tomorrow I'll remove the HVAC assembly and drain yhe coolant.

#23,991 ·
Jeeples said:
We run the Discount Tire version of that tire, the ATP, in that size in my wife's WJ. We've been really impressed with them so far and they've done excellent in the snow too.

BOT: Finally started tearing into the dash to do the heater core. Got the entire dash out in about 1.5 hours. Tomorrow I'll remove the HVAC assembly and drain yhe coolant.
I love the coopers, have a set of at3's now but they're getting really worn down, want new ones by winter... And might as well go bigger at the same time lol currently running 245/70r16, look a lol small with the 3.5 re lift

#23,995 ·
Getting it apart that quick makes me happy! I've gotta do a heater core and an evap core in the next couple weeks when I have time.
Yeah, I was really surprised how straight forward it was. The hardest part was getting the bolts that hold the dash to floor because the carpet was in the way. The other problem I had was when it came time to pull the dash out getting the wiring harness disconnected, along with the fact the dash itself is pretty heavy.

Heater core should be here Wednesday, tonight when I pull the rest of the system apart, I'll check my condenser, but at the very least I'll plan on replacing the Receiver/Drier.

#23,998 ·
Replaced the front lower control arms, thought it would take a couple of hours.........done in 45 min.

#24,000 ·
New axle side lca bushings in the front, new cam bolt, and welded a washer in place as a temp fix for my rear track bar mounting hole being wallowed out.

My jeep no longer tries to change directions above 60. Yay.

Last weekend I got all new front brakes and door clips for the front two plus hatch. Oh and a water pump I have yet to install.

I still have to go out and figure out why my tc is leaking..