What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1184 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #17746
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
Put this in the Driveway today shes Canadian

Are you hoarding 5.9's?

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #17747
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz
You've got enough zj's, now you have to share with the rest of the class XD
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #17748
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Paid for my Clayton crossmember on Nov 8. Doesnt ship till Tuesday...
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #17749
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Heh, I'm guilty of hoarding 5.9s too. I've got a pair of deep slate ones, my DD and a non-running parts niner (which, incidentally, is Canadian).
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #17750
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Are you hoarding 5.9's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
You've got enough zj's, now you have to share with the rest of the class XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Heh, I'm guilty of hoarding 5.9s too. I've got a pair of deep slate ones, my DD and a non-running parts niner (which, incidentally, is Canadian).

I just took it for a test drive guy wanted 6k for it. sun roof no work, auto dim mirror shot, and a few other things i noticed I did not care for. But I want a slate niner, so I offered him a trade niner for niner. He gave me some **** about hes selling it on consignment and cant do that. But Im like yeah my sun roof works my heated seats work my fogs arnt cracked my tries dont rub control arms you cant get 6K for mine
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #17751
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

HEY, thats not fair! Your not allowed to have two niners! There are plenty of people out there (me) that dont even have One.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #17752
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:

Does the horn go...

EH!! EH!!

?
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #17753
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
Why did you have to use it for parts?! You should have sold it to me up here in canadaland
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #17754
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
Why did you have to use it for parts?! You should have sold it to me up here in canadaland
It was non-running and in need of serious love when I bought it (for $600), so it wasn't worth trying to get it back on the road (although I did consider it). The previous rednecks took it mudding and made a disastrous mess of it (and killed the engine too). Radiator is badly shot (ballooned tubes, corroded to heck and original), had no coolant in it when I got it and it's 2 quarts low on oil. It also looked to have sucked some dirt into the intake, and they'd been running a crappy cone filter with the crankcase breather sucking unfiltered air (so basically sucking dirt right into the oil).

Engine turns by hand, but I haven't tried to get it running to see how bad it is, as the starter is shot due to mud ingestion. They said it just died on them while mudding (and presumably overheating badly) and wouldn't restart. It's also got 181k miles on it (not km), so with the damage that may have occurred, it's probably not much more than a block to use for a rebuild.

The body is a bit rusty too (hatch is rusted to heck, rockers unknown, some other hidden rust), being that it spent quite a few years in upstate NY after it came down from Canada. The interior is fairly undamaged (although pretty stripped at this point, and a few things were broken / worn / missing), but everything was coated in mud and it was full of trash too.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #17755
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Got the 242 off, now time for the 249...
image-4253268922.jpg  
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #17756
LonestarZJ
1994 ZJ 

Finished up the new rearend, swapping it in this weekend
577770_558498224175613_786013390_n.jpg  
LonestarZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #17757
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000

It was non-running and in need of serious love when I bought it (for $600), so it wasn't worth trying to get it back on the road (although I did consider it). The previous rednecks took it mudding and made a disastrous mess of it (and killed the engine too). Radiator is badly shot (ballooned tubes, corroded to heck and original), had no coolant in it when I got it and it's 2 quarts low on oil. It also looked to have sucked some dirt into the intake, and they'd been running a crappy cone filter with the crankcase breather sucking unfiltered air (so basically sucking dirt right into the oil).

Engine turns by hand, but I haven't tried to get it running to see how bad it is, as the starter is shot due to mud ingestion. They said it just died on them while mudding (and presumably overheating badly) and wouldn't restart. It's also got 181k miles on it (not km), so with the damage that may have occurred, it's probably not much more than a block to use for a rebuild.

The body is a bit rusty too (hatch is rusted to heck, rockers unknown, some other hidden rust), being that it spent quite a few years in upstate NY after it came down from Canada. The interior is fairly undamaged (although pretty stripped at this point, and a few things were broken / worn / missing), but everything was coated in mud and it was full of trash too.
Abusive PO's P me O... Jus' sayin'
Saddened that a niner got treated that way
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #17758
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarZJ View Post
Finished up the new rearend, swapping it in this weekend
I knew something fell out of the jeep. Could you bring that back to my house please?
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #17759
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Squazz, is that an upcountry Niner?
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #17760
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Squazz, is that an upcountry Niner?
Negative, they never offered up country with the 5.9 from the factory.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.