What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1159 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 11-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #17371
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Lift is basically done. Just going to go out after I eat. Retighten the front control arms and put in the new stealing stabilizer. I got in it once allready and it feels like I'm actually sittin in a real jeep. Not a grocery getter.
Pics or it didn't happen.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #17372
meabjkcaz
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyboy1977 View Post
Stuck in 6 new plugs. The store didn't have the right wires, so thought i'd just stick the plugs in and replace the leads later once the store had the leads, mistake!!! 2 of the leads tore apart instead of coming off the plugs!! argh!!!!! managed to Mcgyver them abck together though and she still runs, so next thing is gotta be leads before they fail on me!!!
That same exact thing happened to me! I tried to pull the wire off the plug, and the innards stuck to the plug. Had to buy all new wires.
meabjkcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #17373
meabjkcaz
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo View Post
I am a big fan of Flowmaster. I like the sound and the results.
Thanks for the suggestion! Fairly easy to install yourself? Or should I bring it to a professional?
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #17374
sparkyboy1977
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meabjkcaz

That same exact thing happened to me! I tried to pull the wire off the plug, and the innards stuck to the plug. Had to buy all new wires.
I never pull from the wire, always the boot, to stop such a thing happening. But I think the wires on her are cheap ngk ones!!
sparkyboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #17375
sparkyboy1977
1997 ZJ 

Also, I finally got the time to take off the front drivers side wheel today. Got the stand out, jack and brace, run out the lamp and got the tools out. Only to find I have 2 larger wheel nuts on each wheel!!! The standard wheel brace doesn't fit!!! Bloody typical!!!!! So I packed it all away. Lol
sparkyboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #17376
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

Pics or it didn't happen.
I was gettin there. Haha
Thursday before I started.

image-1927794411.jpg

Right now on 28s and 3.5 in lift. Getting ready to go for a drive around the block.

image-356725597.jpg
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #17377
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

No death wobble. No drive line vibes. All in all I'm happy
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #17378
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meabjkcaz View Post
Just got new plugs and wires installed, runs a lot better and I am getting much better gas mileage! Woohoo! Next on the list, exhaust. Anyone have any suggestions for exhaust on a 93 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L? I was thinking straight pipe, but I am up for suggestions. Flowmaster? Magnaflow? Can anyone suggest any good size/style muffler?
I have a 4.SLOW as well. My exhaust is pretty much custom.. here is what I am running.

first of all, ALL my exhaust piping is 2.5" from the header collector to the tip.

I am running a 2.5" IN/OUT MagnaFlow metallic spun cat
I am running a 2.5" IN/OUT MagnaFlow muffler (forgot P/N, if you need I will get it for you)
Then my tip is a MagnaFlow 2.5" x 18" x 3.5"

here are some exhaust clips.. These clips are when I first got the exhaust on. I put the exhaust on August of this year. Since then it has gotten a little bit louder and bassier. sounds very good!

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #17379
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas121469 View Post
I'm pretty sure that even 31's would not have fit that lift. OH well. Live and learn.

Now...I won't be lifting this jeep any higher so should i get adjustable control arms or just the longer ones?
You should easily fit those tires. I fit 31s on a 2'' lift with ease; 3.5 and I'd be running 33s no matter what.

Quote:
Just got new plugs and wires installed, runs a lot better and I am getting much better gas mileage! Woohoo! Next on the list, exhaust. Anyone have any suggestions for exhaust on a 93 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L? I was thinking straight pipe, but I am up for suggestions. Flowmaster? Magnaflow? Can anyone suggest any good size/style muffler?
Dynomax Ultra Flo SS.

I love the sound of mine.

Nick, congrats on the lift!

Today I went to the JY, pulled 3 sets of horns off ZJs, none of them worked!!! I guess the stock placement really sucks on them and they just don't last. I then pulled a set of horns off a '94 Ram, complete plug and play for the ZJ and they sound deep and loud as hell. Also picked up an owners manual from another '96 ZJ, and a speaker that's like new.
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #17380
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Thanks ZJMTL oh and to those who told me 230,000 mile springs would be sagged to much. Perfect 3.5in in the rear. Track bar relocated perfectly aligned. Next is to slowly get adj arms. Then front and rear adj track bar to go higher. I'm sure before I get all the arms ill have bumper built.
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #17381
meabjkcaz
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
I have a 4.SLOW as well. My exhaust is pretty much custom.. here is what I am running.

first of all, ALL my exhaust piping is 2.5" from the header collector to the tip.

I am running a 2.5" IN/OUT MagnaFlow metallic spun cat
I am running a 2.5" IN/OUT MagnaFlow muffler (forgot P/N, if you need I will get it for you)
Then my tip is a MagnaFlow 2.5" x 18" x 3.5"

here are some exhaust clips.. These clips are when I first got the exhaust on. I put the exhaust on August of this year. Since then it has gotten a little bit louder and bassier. sounds very good!

That sounds really good! How much did the complete system cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #17382
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Dynomax Ultra Flo. I have had 3 exhausts on an explorer, 5 on an f150, and 3 on the zj. I have tried them all. I have had 2 different flowmasters on the 4.0l zj and then i found out about the Ultra Flo so i figured i would try it out. Loved it ever since. Dynomax will probably be my new exhaust choice for any vehicle.
Just my opinion
FYI: ZJMTL was the one that told me about it...lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #17383
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
That sounds really good! How much did the complete system cost you if you don't mind me asking?
For parts and labor, it was around $350

Here are some pics of my exhaust. I should get some new sound clips. So much nicer

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #17384
meabjkcaz
1993 ZJ 

Thanks for all the info/pics/sound clips! That should make my decision much easier. I was gonna ask one more thing. Recently my dog DESTROYED my interior, more specifically the headliner. I was thinking about taking out what is left of it, and maybe spraying some rhino liner on the top and maybe taking out the carpet as well and rhino lining the floors. Anyone suggest that, or have any better suggestions? Or maybe you have tried this already and have some advice? Feedback? Any input is appreciated!
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #17385
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

A lot of people "redo" their headliner. i havent down it personally but someone who has will chime in soon i am sure. People have also rhino lined the floor
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.