Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#23,123 ·
I swapped out my fixed glass hatch for a lift glass hatch today when it was slow at work this morning. I need to hook up constant power to the glass release button, but it's in place and 90% of it works! It's even the right color!!!!:D
Finished hooking it all up today while it was slow at work again!!!
It all works as it should!! After I was done hooking it up, I parked it in the shade and left the windows down and the hatch glass open.
It was nice and cool when I went to leave at the end of the day.:cool:

Next project: recharge A/C.... :laugh:

#23,124 ·
Gonna pull the rear for panels and see if i can save my door lock actuators cleaning them up
^^ that worked for my front passenger door. Mine started doing it randomly then within a week it just stopped working all together
Did the same about 4 yrs ago. Same outcome. Ended up Jus buying all new ones for the doors, $$$$$$$$, thank god it was tax time! the hatch has never had a problem though.

#23,127 ·
Cheated on it by driving a CJ7.

but did pick up an NP242 to swap in as my viscous coupler is locked up tighter than a drum in my 249. now to just find time to swap it in. really wish it was a 231, but free is a hard price to beat.

#23,128 ·
I drove it 150 some miles to Bundy Hill to wheel the crap out of it. I accomplished most of the level 3 trails and Tipper, which is a level 4 trail. I'm pretty sure we didn't hit everything there, but it was a good time. I managed to escape unscathed damage wise, too. All in all, it was a good day.

#23,129 ·
I drove it 150 some miles to Bundy Hill to wheel the crap out of it. I accomplished most of the level 3 trails and Tipper, which is a level 4 trail. I'm pretty sure we didn't hit everything there, but it was a good time. I managed to escape unscathed damage wise, too. All in all, it was a good day.
Nice

#23,131 ·
I drove one of them over 300 miles round trip in order to search for some parts at a full size jeep junk yard in the mountains. I went in order to pull an hp44 didn't end up with the right tools so I got a 727 Torque flight tranny instead for $50 and will return for the front axles some time after my daughter is born the pull my hp44 w/hi steer. Also came across a one of a kind Mopar muscle on the way up.

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Handwriting Pink Finger Font Violet

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design

Here's some mountain driving steep switchback video shot from my TSi:

Pet Timber Wolf pups?

Vertebrate Dog Mammal Pet supply Dog crate

Attachments

#23,132 ·
mandrews000 said:
I drove one of them over 300 miles round trip in order to search for some parts at a full size jeep junk yard in the mountains. I went in order to pull an hp44 didn't end up with the right tools so I got a 727 Torque flight tranny instead for $50 and will return for the front axles some time after my daughter is born the pull my hp44 w/hi steer. Also came across a one of a kind Mopar muscle on the way up.

Here's some mountain driving steep switchback video shot from my TSi:

Pet Timber Wolf pups?
Isn't a 727 a 2wd trans?

#23,134 ·
Isn't a 727 a 2wd trans?
It can be with a different tail stock. The particular one I got is from a grand wagoneer with a 360 and Dana 20... I believe... Its had a reversed valve body, upgraded gearing 3.14 1st as opposed to the 2.45, ad well as a 2500 rpm stall converter on the way. Not yet sure how to apply this the the ZJ as its a vacuum modulated trans, and I have no clue how the computer will react... Physically it will bolt right in with either the 4.0 or the 5.2 and the NP231j I have. Other than that its all uncharted territory for me so far. Not even sure if I'll use it if sell it...

It is a 3 speed trans ....different than in a zj but same but different ...lol
True for the most part... Lol

#23,136 ·
modded the grill, kinda messed up cutting some pieces to short, changed the oil back to 10w30 and now my oil pressure is anywhere from 35 at idle to 45 at 65mph kind of strange but oh well

#23,138 ·
mandrews000 said:
Except that my BCM has the security option... I am going to figure this out either way, may bend up being trial and error. Well see what my research turns up...loll.l......
Are the BCM and ECU all in one? I always thought the BCM was separate. I'm probably wrong :laugh: