What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1157 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #17341
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas121469

It's usually my luck that this sh*t doesn't work. I'm sure control arms will fix the problem but it's still a PITA.

This "simple" lift has turned into an ordeal. But if it had been simple then my fun would have been over in one weekend. Now it keeps dragging on and on and on.

Still can't get the steering dampener out. Have pounded on the damper, on the flange and PB blastered it with an entire can of PB.

So at least I get to keep enjoying working on my Jeep far into the winter sans a garage or all my tools. Although I may make a special trip 6 hours away to get the rest of my tools.

Perhaps then my "fun" will come to an end and I can start enjoying my new jeep. lol
Use a pitman arm puller for the steering stabilizer

noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #17342
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Was going to change my brake light, but I've been sick and thus spent the last six hours sleeping... Yeah
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #17343
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Found out the weld on my connection to the muffler is failing. It's sitting about 4 inches off the ground.
image-3504408360.jpg  
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #17344
RedGuru
1995 ZJ 

Drove toward Autozone to get tranny and oil filters, fluids for change and power steering pump got noisy, bunch of smoke behind me. limped back to the house, found power steering fluid everywhere. Broken nipple on back of pump. Couldn't find a new pump with reservoir anywhere locally so i headed down to my nearby U-pull-it. Scavenged a pump, cleaned out and installed with new high pressure line and return line. Just finished, and still haven't replaced my drive line fluids.
RedGuru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #17345
WillGatlin
1995 ZJ 

New Motor Mounts

Installed new motor mounts. Drivers side mount was completely trashed.

2 People, 3 Hours, Good Times.
WillGatlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #17346
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Orange White n Blue santa brought gifts Friday n Saturday. So while on Vac this week i get to put all this on....yeah ME..Oh and i got some of these to make it go better....
forumrunner_20121117_225636.jpg   forumrunner_20121117_225649.jpg  
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #17347
jt_armstrong
1994 ZJ 

Mixed day really. Started by failing to get my passenger side hub nut off. Broke my breaker bar in the process. Gave up with that and moved to easier tasks. Changed the front break pads, replaced the ignition lock barrel, replaced the thermostat, greased all the front steering and axel lube points and then to finish off i gave her a good wash and vaccumed her out.
Tomorrow i might have another go at that hub nut...
jt_armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #17348
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

New steering arm new track bar new tie rod ends. Going to get a new steering stabilizer tomorrow. 3.5in coils in. One dt8000 in. Going to put the extended endlinks in tomorrow. I ran out of kerosene in my heater and didnt feel like screwing with the driver side shock in the cold. Have to finish tomorrow. So hope the rear I don't run into any troubles.
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #17349
sdmayhew
1993 ZJ 

finished putting in a NV3550 in my zj - replacing a toast ax-15. battery was dead so cant drive unto tomorrow after the battery charges

Had to redo my transfer case bracket to make it work. the nv3550 is clocked about 20 degrees from the ax-15 that I had before. Also had to redo my transmission mount. Good thing is that I can do a flat belly pan after this
1993 ZJ Clayton long arms with Johnny joints, custom front axle W yota center, D44 chevy outers, fabtech dirtlogic 2.25, front bilsten rear shocks, tacoma rear axle, 4.88, arb rear, 5 speed, poly motor mount inserts, NP241OR 4-1 ,receiver front for xcr 8k winch
sdmayhew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #17350
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
New steering arm new track bar new tie rod ends. Going to get a new steering stabilizer tomorrow. 3.5in coils in. One dt8000 in. Going to put the extended endlinks in tomorrow. I ran out of kerosene in my heater and didnt feel like screwing with the driver side shock in the cold. Have to finish tomorrow. So hope the rear I don't run into any troubles.
I did mine last February in the cold. Come on and man up
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #17351
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

I did mine last February in the cold. Come on and man up
Haha but it's so nice with the heater. I was in a Tshirt working on it. Me and dad are gonna go finish the front. Go get some kerosene and do the back. Would it be okay to pull the jeep out and turn it around half lifted?
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #17352
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Haha but it's so nice with the heater. I was in a Tshirt working on it. Me and dad are gonna go finish the front. Go get some kerosene and do the back. Would it be okay to pull the jeep out and turn it around half lifted?
Eh, it depends on how you tighten the control arms. If you tighten them all on the lifted half, then turn it around and do the other side, you may not have the proper preload on the bushings. You might have to tighten them, turn it around, lift the other side, re-loosen the bolts, then tighten them all to ensure proper preload. In your case, that probably won't matter much because you want to get new arms eventually anyway. If the preload isn't set correctly, you can kiss your bushings goodbye. Ask me how I know. When I BBed my ZJ after I got it, I didn't loosen the control arms. My bushings were in good shape with only 65k on them. After about 12k with the BB, they were shot.

Oh, and BTW, I also did my BB in the cold.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #17353
backyardjeeper
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I got my jeep an early Christmas present. Gave 60 bucks for it. Now how do I mount it? It's a 5k
image-2602165243.jpg  
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #17354
rockin95zj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardjeeper
I got my jeep an early Christmas present. Gave 60 bucks for it. Now how do I mount it? It's a 5k
Winch mount bumper...
rockin95zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #17355
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardjeeper View Post
on the front of a ATV not the ZJ

ontopic: to the 93 relocated the highlift to a better position on the roof rack 1)so it would not bashout my rear window 2) so i could open the rear driver door
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.