What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1151 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Reply
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #17251
Concolour
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyboy1977

Iser, if you fancy "popping" up to Calgary to replace my shocks... dde1d
Hey another calgarian!! *fispump* we're slowly taking over the zj board, lol

Today I parked it with a damn near empty tank so that after I drive to work in the morning it should be just about out... So then I can see how much it really takes to fill, lol

Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #17252
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach, fl
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer
Received a intake manifold today, just something I want to play around with and modify.
Stinky oily fluid was seeping out of the box that it came it and you could it from 40 feet away.
I bet the UPS person love this in their truck.

Pulled the belly pan, bet the jeep it came out of was not running very good.

Started cleaning it up.

Looking much better, but still have some more cleaning to do.
Jus finished mine a cpl weeks ago too! What are you planing?

Here's mine.

forumrunner_20121114_235217.jpg

Sent from my EVO using JeepForum
__________________
5.2 crate - fourwheelcustoms 2.25 BB - 31x10.50 BFG at-ko's 249/242 swap - front drive shaft upgrade by driveshaftspecialistincorporated - jcr off-road front bumper - engo 12k lbs winch......
AnotherRedZj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #17253
LonestarZJ
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 137
Wasn't really digging the polished look on these wheels, kinda wish I would have kept my canyons, but I gave the new Plasti Dip Smoke a try on them.
46379_551263418232427_1141981558_n.jpg   526079_551262758232493_1123386613_n.jpg  
LonestarZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #17254
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,114
got a new driveshaft for it

now i just need some shocks
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #17255
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Lol yeah come right on over Friday night. Lol. Not like its real far from Alaska to Indiana. But I know what you mean. This really is the first time I have got to do a major job on it. And I'm excited. I hope it's not to hard. I mean me and dad and a buddy did a 6in lift on dads f150 in a weekend. Ifs made that a pain in the a$$
I got my lift done in 11 hours, start to finish. 4 coils, all 8 control arms, front and rear trackbars, steering stabilizer, discos, shocks, rear swaybar links, and new bushings in the front axle for the upper control arms. It took me and two buddies to knock it out in that amount of time. Getting the old steering stabilizer off, swapping the rear trackbar, and the control arm bushings in the axle took the longest. If your not getting the control arms now, make sure you loosen all the bolts for them when installing the lift then retorque them when all is said and done with the Jeep on the ground. That sets the proper preload for the bushings. Torque specs are 130 ft lb for the rear lowers at the body and axle, 80 ft pounds for the front lower at the axle, 130 ft lb for the front lower at the body, and 55 ft lb for the uppers everywhere.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #17256
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour

Hey another calgarian!! *fispump* we're slowly taking over the zj board, lol

Today I parked it with a damn near empty tank so that after I drive to work in the morning it should be just about out... So then I can see how much it really takes to fill, lol
I put 21 1/2 gallon in mine one time.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #17257
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

I got my lift done in 11 hours, start to finish. 4 coils, all 8 control arms, front and rear trackbars, steering stabilizer, discos, shocks, rear swaybar links, and new bushings in the front axle for the upper control arms. It took me and two buddies to knock it out in that amount of time. Getting the old steering stabilizer off, swapping the rear trackbar, and the control arm bushings in the axle took the longest. If your not getting the control arms now, make sure you loosen all the bolts for them when installing the lift then retorque them when all is said and done with the Jeep on the ground. That sets the proper preload for the bushings. Torque specs are 130 ft lb for the rear lowers at the body and axle, 80 ft pounds for the front lower at the axle, 130 ft lb for the front lower at the body, and 55 ft lb for the uppers everywhere.
That's another thing. Should I replace my steering stabilizer while I'm in there? Or could I wait for a little bit.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #17258
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
That's another thing. Should I replace my steering stabilizer while I'm in there? Or could I wait for a little bit.
Beats me. It depends on the condition of yours. When I did my lift, I made sure to not do it until I could afford everything I needed to get the best short arm lift I could. I changed out everything to eliminate any possibility of DW, since that happens to be a rather large issue with coil over live front axle vehicles. The more you leave stock when you modify it, I'd say the higher your risk goes for DW or other unforeseen potential dangerous hazards.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #17259
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

Beats me. It depends on the condition of yours. When I did my lift, I made sure to not do it until I could afford everything I needed to get the best short arm lift I could. I changed out everything to eliminate any possibility of DW, since that happens to be a rather large issue with coil over live front axle vehicles. The more you leave stock when you modify it, I'd say the higher your risk goes for DW or other unforeseen potential dangerous hazards.
When I bought the zj it came with everything but the steering stabilizer brand new that I put on. So ill have basically a new front end between the lift and the other parts of have to put in.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #17260
ZJ1997
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , MI
Posts: 15
well the other day I had it taken into my dads shop to check out this loud clanking noise I had, they told me it was the viscous coupler and that I'd need a new transfer case, then the next day I was driving to work and the noise got incredibly louder and the jeep was shaking badly, I got home to find out my caliper shook loose in the knuckle, the knuckle was grooved out from the pads, seems common on chryslers, but all the shaking broke 4 of my wheel studs right off so thank god I made it home on 1 lug nut. when we went to fix the caliper we just ran into more and more problems, I ended up changing the caliper, wheel studs, steering knuckle,and ball joint. the castle nut on the tie rod end gave us hell on getting off so we ended up messing up the bushing so had to get that too, no big deal, all this took about 3 or 4 days to get done only because we kept running into problems and were limited on time with my dads schedule and mine but back to the beginning, the noise that the shop thought was the viscous coupler was actually the caliper rattling around in the knuckle
ZJ1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #17261
Coyn1324
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarZJ
Wasn't really digging the polished look on these wheels, kinda wish I would have kept my canyons, but I gave the new Plasti Dip Smoke a try on them.
Looks good! Might have to give that a whirl on mine, I feel the same way about my wheels some times
__________________
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #17262
LonestarZJ
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyn1324 View Post
Looks good! Might have to give that a whirl on mine, I feel the same way about my wheels some times

I wanted the Duplicolor Gun Metal Tint for chrome & aluminum, but they quit making it, didn't care for the Black Chrome kit they have out now. I started with my spare, going to go with one less coat on the others. Since the Plasti Dip Smoke is a tint, over a polished wheel, it doesn't really look like a painted wheel. Plus I can always peel it off if I get tired of it. I'll be adding a set of red Sim-U-Locks next month.
LonestarZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #17263
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 950
Found this at the local U Pull It.
My old ZJ. GETS ME UPSET, but oh well...

Sold it in July and who knows what happened for it to be at a JY.

Take care of your ZJs boys. No one else will....




When I sold it.
__________________
"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #17264
Freestyle713
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: , CT
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
Found this at the local U Pull It.
My old ZJ. GETS ME UPSET, but oh well...

Sold it in July and who knows what happened for it to be at a JY.

Take care of your ZJs boys. No one else will..
Tell me you grabbed that rear bumper
__________________
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #17265
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713

Tell me you grabbed that rear bumper
Its still there. The lift was gone, but Alot of the new parts I put new are still there. ALOT OF NEW PARTS!!!

I saw a couple looking for parts and I told them it used to be mine. They jumped on the fuel pump wich I bought new this year.
__________________
"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.