What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1150 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #17236
GTO71
1995 ZJ 

today

LOF. trans service & filter, fuel filter, transfercase fluid

GTO71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #17237
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO71
LOF. trans service & filter, fuel filter, transfercase fluid
I need to do that too
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #17238
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

Lol yeah come right on over Friday night. Lol. Not like its real far from Alaska to Indiana. But I know what you mean. This really is the first time I have got to do a major job on it. And I'm excited. I hope it's not to hard. I mean me and dad and a buddy did a 6in lift on dads f150 in a weekend. Ifs made that a pain in the a$$
If you got the right tools and prep all the bolts. A bb should only take you about 2 hours max.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #17239
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie

If you got the right tools and prep all the bolts. A bb should only take you about 2 hours max.
I'm doin a 3.5 in f>r swap. I don't doubt it will take me more than 2 days. Well a day and half. Starting on it Friday night. Have till Sunday to get it done.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #17240
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Will do guys. Gonna get a late start tomorrow cause my boss is taking us all out to eat since harvest is over. But it will be a late night that's for sure. The dt8000 shocks holy s*** if they are half as nice as all 4 of them weigh ill be okay. I took everything out if the box before I went to work and damn that box was still heavy.
That is awesome, honestly. I miss the days when I used to live on the farm; honestly wish I had never moved. I'm thinking that at 22 now it would be tons of fun to go back and live there...

And, good shock choice! My buddy has the same ones on his WJ and they are not bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyboy1977 View Post
Iser, if you fancy "popping" up to Calgary to replace my shocks... 😝
You should be able to change the front shocks in an hour if you have basic mechanical knowledge and a few tools, you'll be fine!
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #17241
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

I'm doin a 3.5 in f>r swap. I don't doubt it will take me more than 2 days. Well a day and half. Starting on it Friday night. Have till Sunday to get it done.
Last I saw your posts of a lift by you it was going to be a BB. Sorry for assuming that. But good luck with the install man. obv post pics after it's done
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #17242
sparkyboy1977
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL
You should be able to change the front shocks in an hour if you have basic mechanical knowledge and a few tools, you'll be fine!
Oh I have no problems doing it, I just need the shocks lol
sparkyboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #17243
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

That is awesome, honestly. I miss the days when I used to live on the farm; honestly wish I had never moved. I'm thinking that at 22 now it would be tons of fun to go back and live there...

And, good shock choice! My buddy has the same ones on his WJ and they are not bad at all!

I love it. I honestly couldn't see my self working anywhere else,in high school that is, I'd go back that's for sure. I wouldn't have it any other way. And I have herd nothin but good about them.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #17244
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie

Last I saw your posts of a lift by you it was going to be a BB. Sorry for assuming that. But good luck with the install man. obv post pics after it's done
Hey it's okay. Yea iv been back and forth on a bb and a f>r swap for a while. Finally bit the bullet on the real deal. I'm glad I did for sure.oh and don't worry I will.
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #17245
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

made this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-DF...e_gdata_player
boparunsxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #17246
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boparunsxc
It's set to private cant view :/
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #17247
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I love it. I honestly couldn't see my self working anywhere else,in high school that is, I'd go back that's for sure. I wouldn't have it any other way. And I have herd nothin but good about them.
Maybe one day man. For now it's all about finishing school. I'd much prefer the simple country life though. Enjoy what you have man; some people look down on that, but it's precious really and you'll see things some people will never even dream of.

OT: on the ZJ, I didn't do a damn thing.
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #17248
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

Maybe one day man. For now it's all about finishing school. I'd much prefer the simple country life though. Enjoy what you have man; some people look down on that, but it's precious really and you'll see things some people will never even dream of.

OT: on the ZJ, I didn't do a damn thing.
What are you goin to school for? That really is more important. And I know exactly what you mean. I live in a fairly decent sized town. And It really is a farming community but people look down on it so bad it's not even funny. But I proudly walk through school with scuffed boots dirt on them hog sh** and grease under my fingernails cause its what I love. I'd really like after I get out if high school go out west for a few years and work on a farm before I decide to go to school for somthin. Bad bird what do ya say? Want a farm hand in 2 1/2 years? And those are good days when all you do is enjoy the fact that you a bad a$$ jeep and nothin is wrong with it...for now.
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #17249
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

It's set to private cant view :/
try again lol
boparunsxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #17250
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
What are you goin to school for? That really is more important. And I know exactly what you mean. I live in a fairly decent sized town. And It really is a farming community but people look down on it so bad it's not even funny. But I proudly walk through school with scuffed boots dirt on them hog sh** and grease under my fingernails cause its what I love. I'd really like after I get out if high school go out west for a few years and work on a farm before I decide to go to school for somthin. Bad bird what do ya say? Want a farm hand in 2 1/2 years? And those are good days when all you do is enjoy the fact that you a bad a$$ jeep and nothin is wrong with it...for now.
Hahaha yeah man. I'm in college studying political science, which is completely useless really, but I was doing well in school and didn't want to just quit after highschool. Regardless, I'll probably end up working with my hands like I love and enjoy.

Badbird has a sweet life, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's a hardworking guy, which is how it should be.

OT: I've been desperately waiting for snow to kick some *** in the ZJ. Wondering if anybody has any experience with BFG ATs in the snow? I know they have the mountain symbol, but I've read that they pack up, unlike my Duratracs did, which is why I'm considering new tires.

Either way, it's going to be a sweet winter, watching the kids in the neighborhood shovel out the BMWs their parents bought them, while I crush the snow in the old $1500 Jeep.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.