What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1149 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #17221
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJEscape

Well I haven't had it long enough to do a FULL INSPECTION. Why don't you give the benefit of a doubt before you accuse me of lying. I don't deserve it. As being new to off-roading, I would think that I could make a mistake or two before being insulted. I don't care that you said something, I welcome it when someone tries to teach me (and appreciate it), but you went about it the wrong way. Don't insult someone when your trying to help. It's bad manners.
Now now girls. I think maybe you got a little offended for no reason. he's not the only one to notice and going to point out that it isn't a 3.5 on 32s. I thought the same thing he just beat me to the post. And IF. You were told that it was such specs when you bought it you clearly didn't inspect the vehicle. I'm new to offroading myself so we all make mistakes. Getting called out is how we learn. You should be more upset with the dbag who lied when they sold you the zj.

OT: she's finally running relatively well...for some reason when I'm in drive idling I get a weird shake like its misfiring but put it back in park or neutral it goes away. Hmmm. Waiting for my check to come through so I can order new powersteering pump

Build thread Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I learned to tuck my stick....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #17222
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I have a dilemma guys. Lift showed up today. I have Saturday off because I wanted to go deer hunting since its opening day of shotgun season. But I kinda want to get my lift on. Should I do the lift or go hunting?
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #17223
amblingaardvark
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I have a dilemma guys. Lift showed up today. I have Saturday off because I wanted to go deer hunting since its opening day of shotgun season. But I kinda want to get my lift on. Should I do the lift or go hunting?
Put the lift on! Then you can go hunting NEXT saturday and go deeper in the woods
amblingaardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #17224
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Brown Santa came today

image-3506131785.jpg

And a mj parked next to me at school today

image-461392049.jpg
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #17225
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amblingaardvark
Put the lift on! Then you can go hunting NEXT saturday and go deeper in the woods
That's what I decided. Start Friday after work hopefully have it on by Monday to go to school will take it to get it aligned Monday hopefully. Then ill mount my new tires on my rims next weekend.
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #17226
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJEscape View Post
Well I haven't had it long enough to do a FULL INSPECTION. Why don't you give the benefit of a doubt before you accuse me of lying. I don't deserve it. As being new to off-roading, I would think that I could make a mistake or two before being insulted. I don't care that you said something, I welcome it when someone tries to teach me (and appreciate it), but you went about it the wrong way. Don't insult someone when your trying to help. It's bad manners.
I think you're just offended for nothing. I'm not the one who sold you a stock ZJ saying it was lifted with 32s, so you're mad at the wrong person. Whether you're new to offroading or not, it doesn't take half a brain to check your tire size before posting all about it online.

That being said, good luck buddy.

Nick, congrats on the lift! I'm going to try and do a 3.5 next year. Have fun putting it on!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #17227
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL

I think you're just offended for nothing. I'm not the one who sold you a stock ZJ saying it was lifted with 32s, so you're mad at the wrong person. Whether you're new to offroading or not, it doesn't take half a brain to check your tire size before posting all about it online.

That being said, good luck buddy.

Nick, congrats on the lift! I'm going to try and do a 3.5 next year. Have fun putting it on!
Same here with the 3.5. Keep us up to date on the progress.

Build thread Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I learned to tuck my stick....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #17228
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

Same here with the 3.5. Keep us up to date on the progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL

Will do guys. Gonna get a late start tomorrow cause my boss is taking us all out to eat since harvest is over. But it will be a late night that's for sure. The dt8000 shocks holy s*** if they are half as nice as all 4 of them weigh ill be okay. I took everything out if the box before I went to work and damn that box was still heavy.
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #17229
sparkyboy1977
1997 ZJ 

Noticed that my front shocks need replacing!! Great!! So if any of you guys with awesome lifts have a stock set gathering dust please let me know??
sparkyboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #17230
spidermonkey
1998 ZJ 

Nothing today, hoping to pick up my new long arms this weekend.

My driveway build here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/spidermonkeys-98-zj-build-716209/
speedo reading x spd gear tooth count/gps speed = new spd gear for dead on accuracy
North Shore Wheelers www.nsw4x4.com
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #17231
iser
1997 ZJ 

lol, nick, i wish i could help you install that or something. i don't really have any more major projects on my zj for at least a little while, and i'm getting a wrench fever. lol.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

[B]Specs[/B]- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
[B]Upcoming Projects[/B]- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

[B][I]"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"[/I][/B]
- gen. george patton
iser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #17232
sparkyboy1977
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iser
lol, nick, i wish i could help you install that or something. i don't really have any more major projects on my zj for at least a little while, and i'm getting a wrench fever. lol.
Iser, if you fancy "popping" up to Calgary to replace my shocks... 😝
sparkyboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #17233
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

got bored cleaned and organized the 93. 4 axle shafts under the seats and installed this mesh thingy

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #17234
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Received a intake manifold today, just something I want to play around with and modify.
Stinky oily fluid was seeping out of the box that it came it and you could it from 40 feet away.
I bet the UPS person love this in their truck.

Pulled the belly pan, bet the jeep it came out of was not running very good.

Started cleaning it up.

Looking much better, but still have some more cleaning to do.

Unread 11-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #17235
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iser
Lol yeah come right on over Friday night. Lol. Not like its real far from Alaska to Indiana. But I know what you mean. This really is the first time I have got to do a major job on it. And I'm excited. I hope it's not to hard. I mean me and dad and a buddy did a 6in lift on dads f150 in a weekend. Ifs made that a pain in the a$$

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.