What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1136 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 11-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #17026
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

i marveled in the amazing glow of 8 forward lights

then my eyes hurt

970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #17027
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvacdude View Post
I put a big Ron Paul sign on my Jeep and drove it up to the polling place.
Awesome.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #17028
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited
I didnt think this was worthy of starting a seperate thread so Im gonna try to throw this in here.

Im trying to install my rear tow hook setup I just got today.

WTF is this random a$$ bracket for? It bolts to the frame on the drivers side and to nothing else. Seems there is no point for it to even be on there and the freakin front bolt will not budge. I broke the rear nuts loose and can work them off with some more penetrating lube and threading the nuts in and out to work it off the rusty bolts but the front bolt will not budge.

Why is this bracket on there is there any function whatsoever or did Chrysler just slap it on for the fun of it?

I also dont know if I can get the plate up into this space for the rear holes on the tow hook mounting bracket. The pieces coming out that hold the rear bumper on curve down real close to that area where in pics I see with rear tow hook setups the rear bumper mounts come straight out or dont curve down like that. I cant even tell if I can fit the plate up there until I get that huge bracket off in the first place.

Like in this pic I found the bumper bracket thing doesnt look like it curves down like mine does.

Seems like everything is 10x harder than it should be on my ZJ it pisses me off lol
Yeah, that bracket looks like what a hitch receiver would be attached to.

Parked the zj on the lot and delivered a jku to kelowna and brought back a 3500... Long *** night, about 15 hours actual drive time.
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #17029
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Picked up 4 qts of gear oil to do the diffs and forgot to get brake clean...

So tomorrow I might get some brake clean and do the diffs.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #17030
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

These arrived today...

image-1582215810.jpg

Looks like I have a difficult weekend ahead if me, seeing as I don't have access to a press at the moment.
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #17031
wesleya
1996 ZJ 

Installed my new stereo today. Havent decided how i want to mount my heater controls but they all work for now. next i have to mount my amp and install my new subs
dscf2256.jpg   dscf2257.jpg   dscf2131.jpg   dscf2128.jpg  
wesleya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #17032
wesleya
1996 ZJ 

Also installed my new Bi-xenon HID kit on my jeep my HID fog light kit hasnt showed up yet. i sure love these new lights much brighter look pretty cool as well
wesleya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #17033
2ManyMiles
1997 ZJ 

New Bilsteins

WEEEE! New Bilsteins!... and the rears install up-side down for some strange German reason... Weeee!

2ManyMiles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #17034
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

A pic I took at school when it started snowing.

Also did some more work to my tire carrier. Comeing along nicely I would say.

And a shot of what it looked like at about 7:00 tonight. In the pic, theres about 2 inches of snow. Went to cruise around and people are driving like they've never seen snow before. I mean seriously, we're in new england people. Get it together. My sister said it took her an hour and 20 minutes to get home from school, and her school is only like 7 miles away.

Edit: also, my engine started acting up again today. It was doing good the last week or so. I ordered a TPS from Kolak last week. Hope it gets here soon. Probably not gonna drive it to school tomorrow
2012-11-07-14.19.19.jpg   2012-11-07-17.45.44.jpg   2012-11-07-17.46.17.jpg   2012-11-07-18.27.58.jpg   2012-11-07-19.05.57.jpg  

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #17035
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ManyMiles View Post
WEEEE! New Bilsteins!... and the rears install up-side down for some strange German reason... Weeee!

What series are those? Mine are 5125s and they are silver like brushed aluminum looking finish. Wondering what those yellow ones are.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #17036
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Locked my keys in it today :/ dads bringing my extra set before I get out of school
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #17037
amblingaardvark
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post

(
I like your spare tire there, what brand is it? I can't quite see the lettering...

On Topic: I finished this up today, but the last few days have been occupied with swapping out my radiator. It was leaking a bunch and getting expensive to keep dumping antifreeze in it just to watch it leak out again. Plus too cold to just run water. Radiator swap went fine, had a ton of trouble finding a piece to attach the lower trans cooler line. Ended up spraying ATF everywhere. Guess that's one way of swapping the ATF Anyways, I think it's all good now and not leaking (knocks on wood) Also replaced the thermostat and flushed out my heater core while I was at it.

Hahaha, yeah, this thing was pretty shot...
amblingaardvark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #17038
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
A pic I took at school when it started snowing.

And a shot of what it looked like at about 7:00 tonight. In the pic, theres about 2 inches of snow. Went to cruise around and people are driving like they've never seen snow before. I mean seriously, we're in new england people. Get it together. My sister said it took her an hour and 20 minutes to get home from school, and her school is only like 7 miles away.

Edit: also, my engine started acting up again today. It was doing good the last week or so. I ordered a TPS from Kolak last week. Hope it gets here soon. Probably not gonna drive it to school tomorrow
I'm digging the tire carrier. And the light bar on the front. Did you make it? How's it mounted? I'm going to order the 4 Kevin's off road lights. And I like the small lights on it too. And do the lights block much airflow into the radiator? Does it still cool as good as it did without.
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #17039
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I'm digging the tire carrier. And the light bar on the front. Did you make it? How's it mounted? I'm going to order the 4 Kevin's off road lights. And I like the small lights on it too. And do the lights block much airflow into the radiator? Does it still cool as good as it did without.
Thanks. And yes I did make it. It slides into the unibody rails and is bolted through the top of the opening. Its all 1" square tube I bought at tractor supply. The small rectangular lights are strobes I just put on last week. And it still cools just as well. My temp gauge stays significantly lower than 210.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #17040
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713

Thanks. And yes I did make it. It slides into the unibody rails and is bolted through the top of the opening. Its all 1" square tube I bought at tractor supply. The small rectangular lights are strobes I just put on last week. And it still cools just as well. My temp gauge stays significantly lower than 210.
I might have to copy that idea. You have any pics with the bumper cover off?

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.