What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1129 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 11-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #16921
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69

To center your axle?
Dosnt the track bar that comes with the kit do it? It's just not adjustable.

Unread 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #16922
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I changed my oil today. I change it pretty religiously with 10W-30 Mobile 1 synthetic oil every 3000 miles.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #16923
niles6284
2001 WJ 

Fished these out of my oil pan yesterday.
piston-jeep.jpg  
AKA "Beagle"
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #16924
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

Probably comes with a drip bracket. I have one. Would like to get adjustable front and rear but my funds are not up to the task at the moment.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #16925
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles6284
Wow
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #16926
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Does it still run?
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #16927
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
You you should probably put them back your Jeep will miss them, and start misbehaving!

Lol
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #16928
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
The foundation kit doesnt come with a trackbar IIRC. The benchmark kit comes with the double shear adjustable front trackbar.

This is the pic of the foundation kit and the list of what it includes. I could be wrong but I dont think it comes with a trackbar or drop bracket atleast its not listed in the parts list.

KIT INCLUDES:
3.5" Lift Front Coil Springs
4 New Hydro Shocks
Extended Front Sway Bar Links
Extended Rear Sway Bar Links
All Necessary Hardware
Detailed Installation Instructions

The benchmark kit for a little more than the foundation kit comes with the double shear trackbar conversion:

Kit Includes:
3.5" Lift Front Coil Springs Click here for more info
4 New Hydro Shocks
Heavy Duty Double Shear Track Bar Conversion
Extended Front Sway Bar Links Click here for more info
Extended Rear Sway Bar Links (Included, but not shown in photo)
All Necessary Hardware
Installation Instructions

Heres a little bit of info off the KOR website:

So how do I get my axles back under the center of the vehicle!??

Well, you could just leave the axles shifted over to the sides if they haven’t moved very much; that’s actually what most people who install a 2” budget boost end up doing simply because their axles haven’t shifted all that far. The higher you lift the vehicle, the further over the axle will swing. If you only net 3” of lift from your F>R swap, you might be able to ignore the track bar issue altogether. Most people aren’t that fortunate though, and their axles have shifted a significant amount to the sides. The easiest, and probably best, solution to re-centering the axles is to purchase aftermarket adjustable track bars. Adjustable track bars can be adjusted to different lengths to re-center your axles. These are available from JKS, Rubicon Express, TeraFlex, and KevinsOffroad to name a few. If your ZJ has very high miles, the bushings in the ends of your stock track bar might be worn out anyway, so you can look at purchasing these track bars as “vehicle maintenance” if it makes you feel better. However, one can easily spend well over 300$ on just track bars, and this so-called “budget” lift isn’t quite so inexpensive anymore.

From this article if you feel like reading more:

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/techarticles/f2rswap.html

You can try it out with stock trackbar in front but I dont know how well its going to work out for you and if you end up getting an adjustable front bar its gonna cost a little more than if you just get the benchmark kit to begin with which includes the front trackbar.

Just tryin to help you out ahead of time but you can see how it works with the stock bar and maybe it wont be an issue for you.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #16929
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles6284 View Post
Howd you do that?
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #16930
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Moved some letters around
imag0395.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #16931
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited

The foundation kit doesnt come with a trackbar IIRC. The benchmark kit comes with the double shear adjustable front trackbar.

This is the pic of the foundation kit and the list of what it includes. I could be wrong but I dont think it comes with a trackbar or drop bracket atleast its not listed in the parts list.

KIT INCLUDES:
3.5" Lift Front Coil Springs
4 New Hydro Shocks
Extended Front Sway Bar Links
Extended Rear Sway Bar Links
All Necessary Hardware
Detailed Installation Instructions

The benchmark kit for a little more than the foundation kit comes with the double shear trackbar conversion:

Kit Includes:
3.5" Lift Front Coil Springs Click here for more info
4 New Hydro Shocks
Heavy Duty Double Shear Track Bar Conversion
Extended Front Sway Bar Links Click here for more info
Extended Rear Sway Bar Links (Included, but not shown in photo)
All Necessary Hardware
Installation Instructions

Heres a little bit of info off the KOR website:

So how do I get my axles back under the center of the vehicle!??

Well, you could just leave the axles shifted over to the sides if they haven’t moved very much; that’s actually what most people who install a 2” budget boost end up doing simply because their axles haven’t shifted all that far. The higher you lift the vehicle, the further over the axle will swing. If you only net 3” of lift from your F>R swap, you might be able to ignore the track bar issue altogether. Most people aren’t that fortunate though, and their axles have shifted a significant amount to the sides. The easiest, and probably best, solution to re-centering the axles is to purchase aftermarket adjustable track bars. Adjustable track bars can be adjusted to different lengths to re-center your axles. These are available from JKS, Rubicon Express, TeraFlex, and KevinsOffroad to name a few. If your ZJ has very high miles, the bushings in the ends of your stock track bar might be worn out anyway, so you can look at purchasing these track bars as “vehicle maintenance” if it makes you feel better. However, one can easily spend well over 300$ on just track bars, and this so-called “budget” lift isn’t quite so inexpensive anymore.

From this article if you feel like reading more:

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/techarticles/f2rswap.html

You can try it out with stock trackbar in front but I dont know how well its going to work out for you and if you end up getting an adjustable front bar its gonna cost a little more than if you just get the benchmark kit to begin with which includes the front trackbar.

Just tryin to help you out ahead of time but you can see how it works with the stock bar and maybe it wont be an issue for you.
Oops. Had the benchmark up and thought it was foundation. Yeah foundation dosnt come with anything. I might call iro and see what they think, do they have any sort of sale around Christmas? I know they do jf member discounts.
Unread 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #16932
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Pressure washed most of the mud off. It's still a dirty mess though.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #16933
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Oops. Had the benchmark up and thought it was foundation. Yeah foundation dosnt come with anything. I might call iro and see what they think, do they have any sort of sale around Christmas? I know they do jf member discounts.
Ahh all good then man.
Unread 11-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #16934
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited

Ahh all good then man.
Ill probably find a used one on the classifieds on here. They are the same for zj/xj/tj right?
Unread 11-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #16935
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Replaced driver's side front ABS sensor. The ABS light is now permanently off for the first time in about four years
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.