What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1124 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #16846
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

I've looked into one on my, I've talked to some of the techs at the chevy dealer I work at and their opinion (knowing I can do more work on my jeep than an average person can on their vehicle) was buy a unit online, have it professionally installed. Which for means I need to make the lock/unlock button work again
Yeah that's what I thought. Cause I want to get rid of the other key fob. There's a guy in town here that does custom everything. He said he will look at the wiring diagram and will get back with me if he thinks he can do it. So we will see. I kinda like the unit up there I posted earlier

Unread 10-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #16847
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Bought some new windshield wipers, streak free driving! (Hadn't replaced them in probably a year)

Also considered buying these headlights to replace my hazed ones. Are all ZJ headlights non-sealed beams? (have no idea what that means) but i noticed it in the description.

http://www.am-autoparts.com/1997/Jee...40/263935.html
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #16848
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Remote starts aren't that difficult to install and all ZJs have non sealed beam headlights. Sealed beam lights are like what XJs have where you replace the entire headlight when you need a new bulb.
1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, e-fan, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals & tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats
1994 Caprice - "SQL Lab", HO charging system, SS suspension, show car in progress, some tasteful show mods...
2014 Silverado 1500 - DD on order
2010 Terrain - wife's DD, bone stock
2010 Gary Fisher Utopia - Black Ops platform pedals, SRAM X.9 shifters, BB7 calipers/G3 CS discs, NightRider Rebel 3.0 computer

Build Thread
Black Jeep Society
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #16849
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Put in new speakers & head unit and painted the ugly faux wood black.
Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #16850
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Checked out the locker
(long story but ****ty video of the video)
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #16851
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
Checked out the locker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGL_N...e_gdata_player

(long story but ****ty video of the video)
Private vid.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #16852
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Private vid.
Stupid technology I'll fix you
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #16853
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

got tires for $80, now I have to figure out who has the cheapest mounting and balancing...
boparunsxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #16854
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
Stupid technology I'll fix you
Awesome.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #16855
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Decided that want to get a remote start. What is a good one. I don't want a super expensive viper one. I'm sure it won't be hard to install
Ive got a Clifford alarm system and remote start on my ZJ. Its got all kinds of cool features.

F U VIC beeping at me in the video lol

The camera makes the screen flash on the color remote but it doesnt do that just looks that way in the video.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #16856
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited

Ive got a Clifford alarm system and remote start on my ZJ. Its got all kinds of cool features.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISiolcrj4I

F U VIC beeping at me in the video lol

The camera makes the screen flash on the color remote but it doesnt do that just looks that way in the video.
Nice how much did run you? Install yourself?

Build thread Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I learned to tuck my stick....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #16857
NiCK_RUS
1998 ZJ 

Just installed CB Radio
NiCK_RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #16858
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

That does look good. More info on the unit?

Ot:not today but yesterday tore the entire inside apart looking for my flash drive with a project for school on it. No suck luck. So I have to redo that. Tonight I'm going to take the wiper arms off and paint them black. Look like ***** right now
Unread 10-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #16859
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

How do these wiper arms come off? I see a clip but not really sure

Edit: got it
Unread 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #16860
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
That does look good. More info on the unit?

Ot:not today but yesterday tore the entire inside apart looking for my flash drive with a project for school on it. No suck luck. So I have to redo that. Tonight I'm going to take the wiper arms off and paint them black. Look like ***** right now
Ill try to look up more on the model and whatnot but I dont know a whole lot about it.

I sold my Jeep to a buddy and he owned it for about a year or a little more and sold it back to me with the Clifford system installed. He had a local audio shop do it by him in WI where I used to live since he doesnt really know how to work on his own vehicles lol.

He got the add on module for iPhones that it will communicate with your phone any alerts or alarm triggers, etc but I dont have an iPhone so its worthless for me.

I think it was like around $300 for the basic alarm system, $250-300ish for the remote start, and $300ish for the iPhone thing but I honestly am not positive on price I think it was like $1000 for the whole setup and install but he bought the unit at the audio shop I think so thats probably a huge markup on just the cost of the unit plus labor.

I know it has very sensitive glass break sensors (tap the glass with keys and it triggers the glass break sensors by sensing vibrations at a certain frequency) and tilt sensors (rock the Jeep or jack it up to try to steal my wheels and the alarm will go off). The switch by the hood release lever in the vid is an override switch to deactivate the remote start. The unit can turn your defrost on from the color remote if you have it wired properly which I dont know if it works or not I never need it in the desert here. Has a runtime reset button to reset the 30 minute run time on the remote start which is so it will shut off the engine after 30 minutes after remote start if you dont hit the runtime reset in the functions menu or put the key in the ignition and turn to run. This is in case you accidently remote start by hitting the button in your pocket or forget its running it wont just run til its out of gas.

Ill try to find out more for you guys.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.