What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1114 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #16696
SDHarleydad
1994 ZJ 

Desert season is upon us... changed out the waterpump and serpentine belt (PITA) and mounted the HiLift in the roof basket

Unread 10-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #16697
fabber39
1995 ZJ 

Went to change the driver side cv boot. The slack was a little too much for my liking , so I'm going to get a rebuilt for $47.99 @ Auto Zone w/$10.00 core charge . Going to change the passenger side later ! Well I got the cv axle in and greased the tie rods and ball joint put the tire on, set it down, and took it for a test drive, NO CLICKING NOISE !!!!!!!! and a big from the little missus ! Damn this JEEP STUFF IS FUN !!!

the fabber39

GOT JEEP ?
fabber39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #16698
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeyst View Post
Downloaded a fsm for a 98 zj.....how much you think changed from 97 to 98? Figure last 2production years so can't be much......you think? I have a 97

Sent from my EVO using JeepForum
I use the 98 FSM for my 97 all the time. I'm probably breaking my ZJ every time I work on it because of it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #16699
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

I use the 98 FSM for my 97 all the time. I'm probably breaking my ZJ every time I work on it because of it.
I've used a 96 fsm for years on a 98 and 2 97s never had any major discrepancies or issues.
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #16700
bsakal
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a picture of 2 of the wheels I just painted. Don't mind the blue tape, that's marking the location of the wheel weight. Trying to finish the other 2 today.
zj-wheels.jpg  
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #16701
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Picking up 5 35" Duratracs on JK takeoffs, already studded for ~$1000
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #16702
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Getting in my jeep after picking up some nuggets at McD's, a guy told me "hey thats a nice jeep." Its my 2nd full day with the 33's and I've gotten 2 compliments already.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #16703
amblingaardvark
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsakal View Post
Here's a picture of 2 of the wheels I just painted. Don't mind the blue tape, that's marking the location of the wheel weight. Trying to finish the other 2 today.
That looks sweet! I need to do that to mine! Any ideas how it will hold up if you have your tires changed out?
OT: Finally transferred the head unit from my dead mustang to the zj. Now I just need to change out the blown speakers and suggestions on speaker brands/where to get them?
amblingaardvark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #16704
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amblingaardvark
That looks sweet! I need to do that to mine! Any ideas how it will hold up if you have your tires changed out?
OT: Finally transferred the head unit from my dead mustang to the zj. Now I just need to change out the blown speakers and suggestions on speaker brands/where to get them?
Crutchfield.com
They include brackets and adapters for installation and instructions for those of us who need them haha. I have kicker DS60's in mine and I love them... Unless you're planning on getting a new amp I wouldn't spend too much on speakers beacause the factory amp runs out of power long before my speakers ever reach their peak lol
boparunsxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #16705
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

I'm thinking I'm going to change my serpentine belt... what will I need and what do I need to watch out for?
Unread 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #16706
Gr8Hondo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boparunsxc
I'm thinking I'm going to change my serpentine belt... what will I need and what do I need to watch out for?
I believe you should only need the new belt and a 14 or 15mm box end wrench. Place the wrench on the tensioner and rotate clockwise to remove the tension on the belt and then remove the belt.

Make sure you route the new one correctly and you'll be done in 5 minutes.
Gr8Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #16707
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Hondo

I believe you should only need the new belt and a 14 or 15mm box end wrench. Place the wrench on the tensioner and rotate clockwise to remove the tension on the belt and then remove the belt.

Make sure you route the new one correctly and you'll be done in 5 minutes.
I hope its that simple lol
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #16708
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boparunsxc

I hope its that simple lol
It is. It's a 15mm. And I've found it easier to use a ratchet. Theres a bolt through the face if the pulley. Loosen that a couple turns and then theres a bolt behind the pulley that actually moves the pulley up and down. Easy as pie. Just remember the route the belt follows
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #16709
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

If you forget the belt routing there should be a picture of it right on top of the radiator. Theres a whole bunch of information there, actually.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #16710
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

I beat on my zj a bit today. Did some minor offroading and some halfass donuts since I have a 249 its kinda hard I was in 4lo too.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.