Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#22,183 ·
charged my ac and damn its actually cold now. so happy...

#22,185 ·
Today my wife's ZJ got a new master cylinder, a new front lower control arm.
Except I broke the camber adjusting bolt off...
Made a quick run to the hardware store for a grade 8 bolt, nut, and thick washers.
Put the front bolt in so the C/A was where it was previously bolted in and tightened it. Then I fought the rear bolt, but got it in.
I also did the exterior plastic with a 50/50 linseed oil/paint thinner mix. It looks better than new!!

My ZJ got some worn out snow tires with the studs removed because it has an unknown front end issue and I'd hate to destroy a new set of tires with it.
Mine also got a new K&N oil filter, 4qts of Rotella T, and a quart of Lucas.

But best of all, now my VIC has nothing to beep about any more. :D
I discovered that the bottom of the float switch in the coolant reservoir had partially fallen off.
I tore it off the rest of the way, cleaned it all up, stuck the bottom back in place, and melted it back together all the way around it with a lighter.
Once I was sure it was fully sealed I put it back in.
I started it up and my VIC only tells me the time and date. NO beeps and coolant low message!!!!!:2thumbsup:

#22,186 ·
But best of all, now my VIC has nothing to beep about any more. :D
I discovered that the bottom of the float switch in the coolant reservoir had partially fallen off.
I tore it off the rest of the way, cleaned it all up, stuck the bottom back in place, and melted it back together all the way around it with a lighter.
Once I was sure it was fully sealed I put it back in.
I started it up and my VIC only tells me the time and date. NO beeps and coolant low message!!!!!:2thumbsup:
Just wait give it a month lol
Fixed my sensor too like that and 2 or so months later its back!

#22,187 ·
Plasti-dipped the hood and rear bumper... Testing it in black, eventually the whole jeep will be done in desert tan!

The last picture is from a while back but I also have the slats cut out with a custom mesh background. Love the look

Attachments

#22,189 ·
Put the finishing touches on my grill and put it back in.

Attachments

#22,191 ·
Quiet day. Just washed her and got started on repairing the vinyl arm rest on the driver and passenger side. I don't care about the aesthetics - it's more because I'm tired of slicing up my elbow when I bump the area. That damn vinyl edging is sharp! :rofl:

Attachments

#22,195 ·
BigJohn96ZJ said:
And the mileage pic
With the mandatory CEL illuminated.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum

#22,199 ·
Quiet day. Just washed her and got started on repairing the vinyl arm rest on the driver and passenger side. I don't care about the aesthetics - it's more because I'm tired of slicing up my elbow when I bump the area. That damn vinyl edging is sharp! :rofl:
I snagged me some PRIME TSI door panels with the darker wood trim. And NO rips. Ballin.:2thumbsup: