What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1101 - JeepForum.com

 143Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16501 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 PM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,515
Installed pic........ Looks nice from where I stand!

forumrunner_20121016_190632.jpg

Sent from my EVO using JeepForum


96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16502 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 07:16 PM
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,750
Garage

97 zj orvis/04 wj ltd/02 lancer oz rally/85 rx7 gs
970001zj is offline  
post #16503 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeyst View Post
Well the seal will have to remain to be seen, but they ARE mopar, not "some Chinese crap" after all. And they are cast aluminum not stamped steel, and they are for sure not 2 of the same side, the oil caps are on different sides, one by the j the other by the p! Oh and neither of them (old or new) have a notch for Ac. I don't see the need for one. Maybe post a pic of what you mean.

Sent from my EVO using JeepForum
Those look good. There are several posts about fitment issues if you google it. Is this the part number? part P5007619
PolkaPower is offline  
post #16504 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 PM
LordBhael
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Taylorsville
Posts: 353
I guess from now on I will have to label some of my posts <sarcasm>.
LordBhael is offline  
post #16505 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 08:01 PM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Those look good. There are several posts about fitment issues if you google it. Is this the part number? part P5007619
That's the number. My straight edge shows them to true. But I will look into it in a sec.

Sent from my EVO using JeepForum

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #16506 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
ZJMTL
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
No problem man.. It's not a hard job by any means.. Just time consuming.. Although I've taken a zj dash apart many times before tackling this job so it made it go a lot smoother for me.
All parts ordered, going to do it this weekend. How long did it take you total? Anything to look out for? Swapping the box seems to be the easiest part, it's the dash that looks like it will take time. Thanks again, and sorry for the questions; I've been putting this off for about a year and it's just getting too damn cold, so...
ZJMTL is offline  
post #16507 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Those look good. There are several posts about fitment issues if you google it. Is this the part number? part P5007619
I see the issue they're discussing. There is only one end of one cover that allows for the Ac port on the drivers side, it jus so happens that the way the holes were made for the egr and oil fill are reversed so the ones for the supplied oil caps are in the rear on both sides when positioned right. Not that big a deal really, as long as the oil gets in then wtf ever ya know.? And for the record, yes I know that means I had them backwards in the pic.....thanks for bringing it up though

Sent from my EVO using JeepForum

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #16508 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 PM
dallas121469
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Twin Falls
Posts: 121
inbox

My Bilsteins were waiting on my porch when I got home. No time right now to finish lift but hopefully this weekend.
dallas121469 is offline  
post #16509 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 PM
jeepgoonie
Registered User
2008 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hawthorne
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL

All parts ordered, going to do it this weekend. How long did it take you total? Anything to look out for? Swapping the box seems to be the easiest part, it's the dash that looks like it will take time. Thanks again, and sorry for the questions; I've been putting this off for about a year and it's just getting too damn cold, so...
I think around 4-5 hours total. and yea the dash is what takes the most time. But even if you get stumped, it's a zj, not a Mercedes, so the books are not hidden and very easily seen to where they are and what they connect to and hold on to if you know that I mean.. I have blazing hot heat now. I love it.. Also, meanwhile you have the coolant out of the system might as well replace any other parts that have wear. Like upper and lower hoses, thermostat etc.

Just Empty Every Pocket
jeepgoonie is offline  
post #16510 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 09:44 PM
ZJMTL
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
I think around 4-5 hours total. and yea the dash is what takes the most time. But even if you get stumped, it's a zj, not a Mercedes, so the books are not hidden and very easily seen to where they are and what they connect to and hold on to if you know that I mean.. I have blazing hot heat now. I love it.. Also, meanwhile you have the coolant out of the system might as well replace any other parts that have wear. Like upper and lower hoses, thermostat etc.
Rad hoses, rad, thermostat, etc are all brand new. My core's been bypassed all year, so I'm hoping that I won't have to drain too much coolant out when re-attaching the hoses.

As for the dash, I'm going to be working with my buddy who used to do autobody and disassemble that kind of crap all day long. Hopefully that helps

Thanks again for all your help! Your pics and posts have helped clarify a lot!
ZJMTL is offline  
post #16511 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM
jeepgoonie
Registered User
2008 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hawthorne
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL

Rad hoses, rad, thermostat, etc are all brand new. My core's been bypassed all year, so I'm hoping that I won't have to drain too much coolant out when re-attaching the hoses.

As for the dash, I'm going to be working with my buddy who used to do autobody and disassemble that kind of crap all day long. Hopefully that helps

Thanks again for all your help! Your pics and posts have helped clarify a lot!
Alright, you'll be fine then... stay golden pony boy

Edit:
To stay OT.. I priced out for the iro 3.5 lift with all adj. controls, bilsteins, discos and rear adj. track bar.. it's only $45 less than the 4.5 premium kit with the same goodies.. Looks like I'm saving up for the 4.5 instead of the 3.5

Just Empty Every Pocket
jeepgoonie is offline  
post #16512 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
torchd
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,824
Just walked out to my Jeep and I can see a small coolant puddle. I think it is the radiator leaking

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
2" BB Pucks | SkyJacker Hydro Shocks | Rubicon Wheels | Cooper 245/75/16 Tires

2002 Trans Am
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ
torchd is offline  
post #16513 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 PM
ZJMTL
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
Alright, you'll be fine then... stay golden pony boy


Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Just walked out to my Jeep and I can see a small coolant puddle. I think it is the radiator leaking
How small? I'd check the thermostat/gasket, inspect all hoses, water pump, etc, before deciding it's the rad.

I know the feeling, and it sucks. Good luck!
ZJMTL is offline  
post #16514 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
torchd
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post




How small? I'd check the thermostat/gasket, inspect all hoses, water pump, etc, before deciding it's the rad.

I know the feeling, and it sucks. Good luck!
I have everything at home to do the job.

New radiator
New water pump
New upper/lower radiator hoses


I should prolly go out there and see where it's coming from... TBH, I don't know where the water pump is on the 4.SLOW.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
2" BB Pucks | SkyJacker Hydro Shocks | Rubicon Wheels | Cooper 245/75/16 Tires

2002 Trans Am
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ
torchd is offline  
post #16515 of 46072 Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
RazorbackZJ
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bentonville
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd
I have everything at home to do the job.

New radiator
New water pump
New upper/lower radiator hoses

I should prolly go out there and see where it's coming from... TBH, I don't know where the water pump is on the 4.SLOW.
Right on the front of the engine.
RazorbackZJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 44 10-28-2016 08:24 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 02:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 01:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 10:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 02:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome