Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#2,186 ·
I was having oil pressure issues once the engine was warmed up, continued to drop to 0 at idle. Worst case scenerio I was thinking my engine was about to grenade. Started by replacing the oil pressure sending unit and gave her an oil change. I've put 200 miles on her, No issue with the pressure now. I hope this isn't the start of more issues to come.....if it is, Do I hear Stroker rebuild in my future....:)

#2,187 ·
Well I technically didnt do it today, but friday I drove from NY to Virgina, and then Sat, helped a friends sister move and drove back home to NY....something like 700miles round trip, 75-80 the whole time both ways and it didnt even blink.

#2,188 ·
I got the new 35" KM2's mounted up today, I drove it home really slowly so as to avoid rubbing as much as possible. The KM2's were a bit bigger than even the new Wild Country 35" that I had on. Out came the sawzall, and magically they fit very well again. Also I used the BFH to hammer in quite a bit more of the front fenderwells.

#2,189 ·
changed the rear brake shoes on her 94 yeah that should have bin done a long time ago

#2,190 ·
I got the new 35" KM2's mounted up today, I drove it home really slowly so as to avoid rubbing as much as possible. The KM2's were a bit bigger than even the new Wild Country 35" that I had on. Out came the sawzall, and magically they fit very well again. Also I used the BFH to hammer in quite a bit more of the front fenderwells.

]
you will love those tires man i loved my 35" KM2s on my xj and miss them, so im getting 32" KM2s for the zj :) interesting they are taller than your old new 35s. KM2s usually measure out a little smaller than most their size. my KM2s were around a 34.8" where as my buddies 35" TRXUS were 35.2"

#2,191 ·
Finally got the Taurus fan running again. 4 years of neglected crimp-on ring terminals almost got the best of me. New weatherproof crimp and shrink terminals are in place.

Also mocked up my rear Clayton stiffeners and brackets. This could get interesting. KOR sliders will have to be modified, but not too bad. Hope to get the back done up in the next week, worst case 2.

#2,192 ·
you will love those tires man i loved my 35" KM2s on my xj and miss them, so im getting 32" KM2s for the zj :) interesting they are taller than your old new 35s. KM2s usually measure out a little smaller than most their size. my KM2s were around a 34.8" where as my buddies 35" TRXUS were 35.2"
It was by no means a scientific measurement. But 3 of the tires on my ZJ were worn out Maxxis Buckshot Mudders, the KM2's were definitely taller than them. The other one that I really compared the clearance to was the "new" Wild Country tire, both the tech and I were concerned the KM2's were going to rub at ride height. Thankfully they didn't, and it allowed me to clearance them at home with a BFH and a sawzall, but it was dang close.

I read alot of reviews on them, and they seemed to offer the best combination of mileage/performance/price. Hopefully they'll last, otherwise my old lady will have a fit if they're shot before I get back from deployment again in '13, hopefully it's tons and 37's after the next foray.

#2,193 ·
It was by no means a scientific measurement. But 3 of the tires on my ZJ were worn out Maxxis Buckshot Mudders, the KM2's were definitely taller than them. The other one that I really compared the clearance to was the "new" Wild Country tire, both the tech and I were concerned the KM2's were going to rub at ride height. Thankfully they didn't, and it allowed me to clearance them at home with a BFH and a sawzall, but it was dang close.

I read alot of reviews on them, and they seemed to offer the best combination of mileage/performance/price. Hopefully they'll last, otherwise my old lady will have a fit if they're shot before I get back from deployment again in '13, hopefully it's tons and 37's after the next foray.
i wouldnt be worried at all. my 35" KM2s had around 3-4,000 miles on them when i sold them and they were still almost brand new for tread depth. which is why im getting them for the zj haha. was going to go with mall terrains but i love the KM2s to much. plus the mud tire howl just cant be beat on summer nights with the windows down! :cheers2:

#2,194 ·
i wouldnt be worried at all. my 35" KM2s had around 3-4,000 miles on them when i sold them and they were still almost brand new for tread depth. which is why im getting them for the zj haha. was going to go with mall terrains but i love the KM2s to much. plus the mud tire howl just cant be beat on summer nights with the windows down! :cheers2:
I'm glad to hear that. I hadn't actually heard too many bad things about them to tell you the truth. Hooray for actually getting to go wheeling soon! :cheers2:

#2,195 ·
33s and a roof rack with two more hellas :D

love it

#2,198 ·
kind of wanting a brushgaurd. paint chips on the hood suck and want to go back to halogen bulbs but want some fogs to and dont want to mount them to my bumper cover since they will shake everywhere and want to keep my stock fogs. anyone know of the cheapest place to get one?

yes i know i could make a bumper but i want to keep the stock bumper cover plus i like the look of brushgaurds. call me a poser but the jeep kind of is mall crawler status right now haha

#2,200 ·
kind of wanting a brushgaurd. paint chips on the hood suck and want to go back to halogen bulbs but want some fogs to and dont want to mount them to my bumper cover since they will shake everywhere and want to keep my stock fogs. anyone know of the cheapest place to get one?

yes i know i could make a bumper but i want to keep the stock bumper cover plus i like the look of brushgaurds. call me a poser but the jeep kind of is mall crawler status right now haha
There's one on eBay that's not too bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've been eying it, but that kind of stuff rusts bad where I live. I had tubular running boards on my old Jimmy. The guy I bought it from had them installed a year before I got it. They were rusting pretty badly about a year after I had it. We have some major salt on our roads in the winter...