What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #151
depoffraud
1998 ZJ 

after 2 days, and a few banged up and pinched fingers, i am the proud owner of 4 brand spankin new ball joints, 2 sway bar links, and guarenteed to stop ur *** brake pads

depoffraud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #152
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

started tearing into the jeep today in preparations of my plans for it this weekend. took off the arb. sanded it down and put on a few coats of new paint. adding more tomorrow. replacing hub, fixing headlight, and maybe adding more coil isolators for extra lift. also i have a question for yal, if a 5.9 at the picknpull has all skids and tow hooks, does that mean it has the upcountry springs?
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #153
depoffraud
1998 ZJ 

pretty sure the 5.9 can have the skids and hooks opt of the UC package but no UC springs and shocks so possibly no sry.
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #154
depoffraud
1998 ZJ 

and i dont think u can get the uc package on a 5.9
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #155
Osboy1
1998 ZJ 

Changed out my Bosch multi-point platinum plugs for Champion copper cores. Flushed coolant system with Prestone backflush kit, and put in all new green antireeze and water 60/40 mixture. Removed and scrubbed and replaced coolant overflow tank. Put in a new heater hose.
Osboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #156
shawnlocky
1993 ZJ 

Added a flowmaster 50
shawnlocky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #157
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Eliminated Bar Pins.

Installed the JKS Bar Pin Eliminators I have had on the shelf for a year. I dont know if those do anything yet, but I hope the clicking noise that has developed lately will be improved. They sure look purdy . No pics, but who really hasn't seen front shock mounts.
Unread 09-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #158
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
drove it to work and back, and realized my tires need to be balanced and air put in em...... AGAIN
How many miles do you have on your BFG's? It seems like they're not being too good to you.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #159
KHoff90

Put 2 coats down of satin black Krylon Fusion over the gray plastic cladding and rear bumper (yes I am too lazy to take them off )

Here's some pics of the progress. I still need to add one more coat and see how it looks from there. Sorry in advance about the poor quality cell pics, my phone usually takes pretty good ones, but they suck at night for some reason.

Just finished taping everything up:

After 2 coats:

PSN: KHoff128
KHoff90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #160
AUSjeepzj

Hi gents Im new to Jeeping and im loving it, I have a 1996 grand cherokee limited all the electrics work and I am stoked with it. So far I've installed a iron-man suspension kit with steering damper, and a set of Mickey Thompson 5-rib A\T which look awsome on it. I can promise that there will be much more to come.

Cheers Simon

By the way Im from Perth western australia. And I love what you Yanks do with your 4x4s. Sorry TRUCKS!!!!!
AUSjeepzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #161
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cleaned the IAC sensor and throttle body. Idles like a dream now. Just ned to order and install my fuel pump and all should be good.
Oh, and I cleaned up the gunk from the old stickers I had on it. Would you believe that I got fined for having five brand stickers on the back of the ZJ? Bloody stupid rules eh!!!
tonymartin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #162
RJSoAZ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff90 View Post
Put 2 coats down of satin black Krylon Fusion over the gray plastic cladding and rear bumper (yes I am too lazy to take them off )

Here's some pics of the progress. I still need to add one more coat and see how it looks from there. Sorry in advance about the poor quality cell pics, my phone usually takes pretty good ones, but they suck at night for some reason.

Just finished taping everything up:

After 2 coats:

RJSoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #163
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologc46 View Post
Installed the JKS Bar Pin Eliminators I have had on the shelf for a year. I dont know if those do anything yet, but I hope the clicking noise that has developed lately will be improved. They sure look purdy . No pics, but who really hasn't seen front shock mounts.
Went up a local trail today, no more clicking up front. Nice. I am delighted with this product and glad I made the effort to put them on.
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #164
JesseOR
1993 ZJ 

only did the GC emblems today. Ran out of daylight.

Also painted my rear wiper arm. Again, ran out of light...

www.facebook.com/jesse.whitehargrove
JesseOR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #165
lslugz

I went to the junkyard yesterday and replaced both power seat switches and both rear window switches, now everything works 100% I also picked up a matching spare rim. I had alot of sag from my sunroof so tore that down and redid it with some $3 duct tape. Oh im new here BTW just bought a 95 ZJ 5.2L
lslugz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.