Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#21,967 ·
I changed my rubber stoppers for my hatch, yet again. Anyone else chew through these things like crazy? My hatch is also becoming quite the PITA to open. It locks itself when I try to open it more than half the time. I'm sure the people in the Auto Zone parking lot appreciated my choice words as I faught with it.

#21,975 ·
I changed my rubber stoppers for my hatch, yet again. Anyone else chew through these things like crazy? My hatch is also becoming quite the PITA to open. It locks itself when I try to open it more than half the time. I'm sure the people in the Auto Zone parking lot appreciated my choice words as I faught with it.
My rubber hatch stoppers last about 4 - 6 months. The hatch opens and closes fine though.
I'm surprised to hear that. I drove a ZJ for 6 months and the rubber stoppers were fine. Then totalled it. Got another ZJ with makeshift stoppers and drove around for 4 1/2 months with the hatch banging. Then I remember that the smashed ZJ chillin in the driveway never made a noise, so I swapped them a week ago and it's been great since!

If your stoppers were bad for a while, maybe the reason you go through them so fast now is because it's a bit rough where the hatch was banging so it's chewing them up? I dunno...

#21,977 ·
I attribute my sticky latch to the bad stoppers, but the metal is all in good condition there. I think the factory ones last forever then the Dorman replacements suck. They need to put some type of warranty on them. $5 a pop with how often these wear out is gonna kill me.

#21,978 ·
my rear latch won't even open unless i turn the key to just the right angle and push on the gate and pull the latch at the same time...not to mention I get smacked in the head if I forget to put the 2x4 in to hold it up.

OT: when your door falls closed if you're on even the slightest hill, usually smacking you in the a** or the shin!